What's new

Thinking about a RazoRock Gamechanger .68P SB Super Knurl for my next razor

My current go to is a DE89 head on a WCS Handle, I don’t like the length of the EJ lined handle. I also really enjoy my Gillette Tech and my Slim adjustable, although I don’t currently go over a 5-6 with it. From the reviews I’ve read I’m thinking this may be a good razor for my next purchase. I am also fond of the price point of the RR GC 68. Any thoughts or recommendations? Any feedback is much appreciated! If Italian Barber ever gets the Super Knurl back in stock I might pull the trigger on one. Or I’ll just have to put a post on BST when the time comes. Thanks in advance y’all! I hope you have a great day/night!

I have a DE89, slim adjustable (on 6 for a mild shave for me).. and if you can handle that on the slim should have no issues with the GC 84P SB, it is a very smooth razor and not bad efficiency, for me I need a little more so opted for the OC JAWS version. I wouldn't bother with the .68

I have a DE89, slim adjustable (on 6 for a mild shave for me).. and if you can handle that on the slim should have no issues with the GC 84P SB, it is a very smooth razor and not bad efficiency, for me I need a little more so opted for the OC JAWS version. I wouldn't bother with the .68
Thanks @StratMan, that’s very helpful! I’ll have to look into the 84 also. How does the 84 compare to the DE89 for you?

If you prefer a mild shave, the .68 GC is wonderful.
Much appreciated! I typically do a three pass shave every other day wtg, xtg, atg, and I like to go for bbs, dfs as the very least, any personal insights here?

I start with DE89 and Murker 38C with daily 3 passes then I figure out I like the blade feel of DE89.
Recently I buy GC .84 SB, I found it's kind of aggressive to me.
So I buy GC .68 SB, I found it's quite a different blade feel then DE89 and more smooth, I like it more!
I also have BBS, but it's quite a different angle comparing with how I use DE89 and GC .68
From DE89 to GC .68 with daily 3 passes doesn't have any problem to me.

Another thing is when I put my first GC .84 together with DE89,
I just noticed how GC is well machined, it's so beautiful! Therefore even .84 is not good to me at this point, I still not hesitate to buy .68 / BBS to try which one suits me best.
Also, my GC .68 OC plate is on the way...

Last edited:
If you like a mild daily driver, GC68 will do a great job at it. A step up in efficiency might be the GC68 JAWS. Another step up will be GC84. I enjoy both 68 and 84 but I find that with 84, I need to be careful not to overbuff some areas as it is highly efficient.

I start with DE89 and Murker 38C with daily 3 passes then I figure out I like the blade feel of DE89.
Recently I buy GC .84 SB, I found it's kind of aggressive to me.
So I buy GC .68 SB, I found it's quite a different blade feel then DE89 and more smooth, I like it more!
I also have BBS, but it's quite a different angle comparing with how I use DE89 and GC .68
From DE89 to GC .68 with daily 3 passes doesn't have any problem to me.

Another thing is when I put my first GC .84 together with DE89,
I just noticed how GC is well machined, it's so beautiful! Therefore even .84 is not good to me at this point, I still not hesitate to buy .68 / BBS to try which one suits me best.
Also, my GC .68 OC plate is on the way...
Thank you for sharing your experience with those razors! Very helpful!

If you like a mild daily driver, GC68 will do a great job at it. A step up in efficiency might be the GC68 JAWS. Another step up will be GC84. I enjoy both 68 and 84 but I find that with 84, I need to be careful not to overbuff some areas as it is highly efficient.
Thank you! That’s helpful information. I’ve noticed that I’ve done that with a couple of my razors and paid for it in razor burn afterwards. My own fault for sure.

Thanks @StratMan, that’s very helpful! I’ll have to look into the 84 also. How does the 84 compare to the DE89 for you?

for me differences between the 84P v DE89 is mainly efficiency but the smoothness of both is excellent. I find the DE89 very mild but can get a very smooth comfy DFS with it. The other difference is the feel, the GC feels much better in my hand than the EJ, little more weight to it (certainly not heavy) and made out of stainless to last you a lifetime.

In saying this whats good for me might not work out with you. The question you need to ask yourself is, what do you want your GC to do different to your DE89?

Do you chase BBS and can you get it from the DE89? if so i the .68 will be good for you as it will shave just as close with similar smoothness.

If you want more efficiency than the DE89 then you should go for the 84P.

for reference order of efficiency is 68, 84P, OC, JAWS, as you go up in efficiency you lost a bit of smoothness.

Last edited:
Sound advice from some who know their razors. Bottom line, get the GC & try it. Hopefully, you'll love it! If you don't there's always BST.

I want to thank everyone for sharing their advice and opinions. It has been extremely helpful. I hope y’all have a great day!

The .68 OC is available on the Italian Barber site. It had been out of stock until this week.
I’m excited to try the one I ordered. I’m hoping with the OC plate the razor will fall between the .68 SB and .84 SB in efficiency.

Top Bottom