What's new

The Veg More Polarizing Than Politics/Religion

I found this advertisement with famous opera singers endorsing Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal in the 1908 Vol. 67 of The American Magazine.

$Lilac Vegetal Opera Singer Endorsements.jpg

Never tried it, so have no clue on it's scent. But I can say even the name I find distasteful for some reason, so have had no curiousity to even try it.

There are the Chosen who can wear and appreciate the glorious Lilac Vegetal, :Veg: .....

and those who have suffered traumatic childhoods and are suppressing the memories of falling in/playing in litter boxes (until something {lilacs} triggers the memories). :lol:

I am curious if it is just smell preference, or if it actually smells differently on different people.
If person A thinks it smells terrible on them, and person B thinks it smells great on them, what does person A think it smells like on person B and what does person B think it smells like on person A?

I found a half-priced bottle of the Veg in a drug store I was perusing for extra pucks of Williams Mug Soap. I wanted to be chosen. I was so happy when I got home and my wife told we were going to a cookout. I was going to rock the Veg in public.

When I put it on, it smelled a little funny to me. I had my wife smell it; she asked me to wash it off.

Why wasn't I chosen? Is it because I like the smell of Arko?

I found a half-priced bottle of the Veg in a drug store I was perusing for extra pucks of Williams Mug Soap. I wanted to be chosen. I was so happy when I got home and my wife told we were going to a cookout. I was going to rock the Veg in public.

When I put it on, it smelled a little funny to me. I had my wife smell it; she asked me to wash it off.

Why wasn't I chosen? Is it because I like the smell of Arko?
You might need to let it dry for a while before you make a final decision.

But the important opinion (your wife) says cat pee! LOL I would think that you would have to follow SWMBO. :lol:

+1. Happy wife = happy man! Also I agree with her opinion. The Veg is the ONLY Pinaud product that I do not like. :mad3:

What what?! Such discontent among those who the veg simply has not chosen?! Have you done the correct purifying rites or are you simply applying and praying as it were? One does not simply rock the veg one must allow the veg to rock them!

What what?! Such discontent among those who the veg simply has not chosen?! Have you done the correct purifying rites or are you simply applying and praying as it were? One does not simply rock the veg one must allow the veg to rock them!

Perhaps. But in the meantime I would smell like the cat's litter box! Unfortunate, but true in my case!:Veg::Veg::Veg:

Well the Rites are coming up again for the season! Shall I schedule a trip for you all to make yourselves worthy?

Well, if the Rites will be occurring shortly; I should re-post this song:
I do not remember the name of the talented individual who composed it, but they did a great job.

Dawning of the Age of the Vegetal
[FONT=&quot]When The Veg, is in everyone's house,
And Vegetal, hits the cheeks,
Then peace, will guide your razor,
And all, will hail The Vegetal!

This is the dawning of the age of the Vegetal,
Age of the Vegatal,
The Vegatal,
The Vegetal.

Noble Knights now understanding,
Aftershave with burn abounding,
No more falsehoods of cat urine,