What's new

The Veg More Polarizing Than Politics/Religion

Z-blade, I'm impressed that as an unchosen, you actually admitted it smells like lilac! Usually people just say it smells like cat urine (I'm being polite) and don't acknowledge the flower scent at all.

Curious if you tried decanting any into glass before you made up your mind completely? The off scent most are smelling, I truly believe comes form interaction with the plastic bottle. Decant some into glass and let it sit for a week or two and try it again. I bet you'll notice a difference. Might not change your mind on it, but it has to some.

I need to try that, yes. The one I tried was plastic, but it was a pass around box here. Actually looking to do that to all my future AS purchases. I like glass better anyway.

I like the lilac aspect of it very much, it just the other half of the smell.

I love reading reviews or articles about the veg. I'm guaranteed to be entertained. I've been chosen by the way.

I was going to ask about that as well. Must have been better at one time?

Old Spice has MOST DEFINITELY been reformulated, and it isn't something I would ever buy now. I am very disappointed about it.
Agreed on the Old Spice, gave mine away as it is now weak and smells nothing like I remember, but the veg rocks!

The Veg is littered with mythos.

If you mean littered as in the way my cat is littered, I'm with you, but "with mythos"?

"Honey, Kitty left a puddle of mythos on the floor. Be a dear and get that, will you?

"Yes, darling, once I mop it up I'll put the soiled paper towels in the glass wastebin. It smells so much better in glass...."

(Hmmm...hating the Veg is entertaining. Still chosen, though. Darn.)

I can't wear the Veg. I opened and smelled it and immediately began to sneeze, my eyes started itching and watering, and began having trouble breathing. Then I figured out why....
I'm allergic to cats!!!
:lol:

:lol: I am chosen, and therfore I am!

Indeed! See evidence of this fact:

$Chosen by the Veg.jpg
Chosen by the Veg​

:laugh:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I can't get enough of that photo.

I saw that and immediately ordered the 12 oz. bottle.

Apparently it may have LSD in it. No wonder cats like it!

If anyone ever told me two months ago that I'd spend $100 on razors and aftershave in a month ... Veg now, in addition to the clearance Tabac, the caffeinated Pacific Shaving AS, Florida Water and VIBR ... broke but smelling *really nice.*

AA

EDIT: I forgot the Oglalla Rum sampler ... all is lost.

Last edited:
I agree that the polarization on this issue is both an interesting and entertaining topic, and that there seem to be very few folks who react indifferently to the smell. I will say that my first reaction to the scent was equivocal, but I really liked how it made my face feel after a close shave. So i used it every day for a week and I found that as my familiarity with the fragrance grew, so did my liking for it. I ended up vegging for 30 consecutive days. Now it’s in my regular after shave line-up. I am keen to try decanting it into a glass bottle just to see what happens, but I haven’t located a suitable empty bottle yet.
ps - both my daughter and my 5 year old granddaughter liked the fragrance with no reservations whatsoever. :001_smile

I have a question for those who like the smell of the lilac vegetal aftershave. If the scent is so polarizing, aren't you worried about what others will think? Some see it as an appealing scent, but what happens when you interact with people throughout the day, that think you smell like urinal puck? Isn't it better to choose a scent that is more universally appealing?

... Some see it as an appealing scent, but what happens when you interact with people throughout the day, that think you smell like urinal puck?
This.
I work in a conservative, professional office. If I smelled like cat pee to someone they wouldn't tell me. They'd just think it and remember it every time they see me. Sorry, I don't see how that could ever be a good thing, even if some like it.

It's never happened, doesn't smell like cat pee on me. I think that's part of being chosen, if you're not chosen you run the risk.

Are you sure? I'd have to know someone pretty good to let them know they reek. Some might not be sensitive to that note in the scent, others might.

This is the 1st known place of discovery of Lilac Vegetal. it is thought that is this medieval manufacturing site that King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table discovered it while in the Search of the Holy Grail. Some say because of this, that Lilac Vegetal was created by the Devine..

$History of Lilac vegetal.jpg

Last edited:
I have a question for those who like the smell of the lilac vegetal aftershave. If the scent is so polarizing, aren't you worried about what others will think? Some see it as an appealing scent, but what happens when you interact with people throughout the day, that think you smell like urinal puck? Isn't it better to choose a scent that is more universally appealing?
You may have a point there, luckily, I do work a govt office job, but all of my work is email or phone, so I wear a t-shirt and jeans at work and happily wear the veg as none of my local govt clients ever see me!

Top Bottom