What's new

The Trophy Room~Post your hunting photos here.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Busted a pair of fluff rats today (and of course my phone is updating so no pics :( ) but had one this morning at the base of hickory doing squirrelly stuff. Got a bead and pfft! He spins around and heads for the big pine. "Yep, he's gone!" I though. Then his squirrel logic kicked in and he spun around again and died at the base of the hickory... Went up on the hill this evening and there on top of my well house was my marmalade. He looks at me and chirps "What are you doing here?". Knew that spot was toast so I headed back down and checked the oak by my deck. There he was and when I raised the rifle he bolted... Waited half an hour and went back. Saw movement so my eyes go up and nothing. Looked again and he was about 18" off the ground watching me like a hawk. Lined up and #2 went in the freezer. A good day and I love matching wits with the tree rats as that is about my level. :lol:

nikonNUT

Been seeing… something by one of my squirrel honey holes. Alway just a flash and gone. This evening I crept to the edge of the house and there it was. Brought the rifle up as he/she looked up. PFFT! Done! Is it me or is this the biggest squirrel ever! 🤣 I'm pretty sure this one has been getting in my attic.
Raccon.jpg

P.S. Not to brag but I had to shoot thru a gap the width of my iPhone. Pretty pleased!

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Been seeing… something by one of my squirrel honey holes. Alway just a flash and gone. This evening I crept to the edge of the house and there it was. Brought the rifle up as he/she looked up. PFFT! Done! Is it me or is this the biggest squirrel ever! 🤣 I'm pretty sure this one has been getting in my attic.
View attachment 1272655

P.S. Not to brag but I had to shoot thru a gap the width of my iPhone. Pretty pleased!

Raccoon stole my suet feeder, now I put out rat traps on the new one at night... Scares him but "it don't learn him," as South might say.

AA

View attachment 1272655

Two more pelts and you will have just about enough $ to buy a box 22lr match :punk:

nikonNUT

Been a lousy week for fluff rats... Took this one Tuesday in the rain. All I could see was his tail so I guessed at the control unit location…
AFB37950-463E-4D15-B965-DB3811C6CDEC.jpeg

And shot this one about 10 minutes ago. They’re getting tougher. Hit her broadside and she ran off like nothing happened. Found her laid up in a tree and finished the job…
3FD1DAC2-C4EF-46F4-A6B9-44BD3B4E315D.jpeg

My offhand game is seriously weak…

Last edited:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Here’s the one pic I took. Today’s count 2 Piney’s and 2 Chipmunks. The chipmunks are destroying our flower beds and the Piney’s are eating from the bird feeders. Funny thing is the gray squirrels haven’t messed with the feeders all year. Took them all with a .22 Gamo Whisper quiet pellet gun.
4574BBF4-37E2-4404-84E7-2FCE1511D8A7.jpeg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Saw my first chipmunk today annnndddd I missed. Those little buggers are FAST!!!
Fast and tiny. The pellet gun I’m using is “minute of squirrel.” I haven’t missed a squirrel yet but those chipmunks are fast and small. I’m shooting open sights because the scope that came with the air rifle was a joke so I tossed it. Without the scopes magnification sometimes I’m shooting at a blur in the grass because the chipmunks are so small.

nikonNUT

Is it weird, now that I have seen a chipmunk, that I want to name my .22 "The Witch Doctor"?
Ya know... "Ooh to the eeh the ooh the ahah to the ting to the tang the wallawalla bing... BANG!" :lol:

Last edited:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I hadn’t seen a squirrel on the feeders in a week. I thought maybe they had decided to stay away. Then I saw this. This one will get a reprieve for this evening and tomorrow. My 2yr old is having a bday party and I’m too busy.
They….Just….Don’t….Learn
4D8061AE-8ACD-494B-8795-367A03DC0ABF.jpeg

nikonNUT

OK, I win! BIGGEST squirrel evah! 🤣 Serously, I had no idea we had whistle pigs around here… Serously! What the heck is running around in my yard?!?
843FED3C-06EC-45D9-B4FB-C1D0DFFB0C93.jpeg

I see why the grays have been avoiding my place and the cats hate been nervous. Size 11 shoe for reference. Bugger must weigh 15 pounds!

OK, I win! BIGGEST squirrel evah! 🤣 Serously, I had no idea we had whistle pigs around here… Serously! What the heck is running around in my yard?!?
View attachment 1288184
I see why the grays have been avoiding my place and the cats hate been nervous. Size 11 shoe for reference. Bugger must weigh 15 pounds!
That's a big one!!
Those are my favorite long range "targets" around here, 300-500 yard shots are pretty common in hay and bean fields and 700+ yard shots are not uncommon. Farmers are usually happy to give you permission to thin the herd. The young ones are very good eating.

nikonNUT

That's a big one!!
Those are my favorite long range "targets" around here, 300-500 yard shots are pretty common in hay and bean fields and 700+ yard shots are not uncommon. Farmers are usually happy to give you permission to thin the herd. The young ones are very good eating.
Took him with the .22 at 30 yards.

Top Bottom