What's new

๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿบ โ€œSOTD - Canadian Theme Week April 8-14, 2024โ€ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿบ

Status
Not open for further replies.
1000005937.jpg
ย 
Sat 13
Soap & Aftershave Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Titan ACRM-2
Nice masculine-smelling lather & splash!
This razor's edge was not good so put it through the full diamond pasted balsa progression and finished on the HBA and buffalo leather. Finally enjoyed a satisfying shave from this razor...
20240413_204319.jpg
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, April 13th 2024

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant with a modified Gem Micromatic handle. Mfg 2017> mid to upper mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC . I like to use a short handle with more aggressive razors for less leverage, weight and more nimble on the chin area. Light touch works well with the RR Wunderbar slant. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Astra (4) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Standard blade for testing new razors in the past.
Soap : Razorock M.F, nice scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis"24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock M.F splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small chin weeper=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Wunderbar slant with a Gillette Astra SP blade.
SOTD April 13 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
April 13, 2024 Saturday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, stainless steel, Made in CANADA ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Soap: ARKO!
Brush: Cremo horse hair
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

This was a three pass shave. No weepers, nicks or irritation. Very close, very smooth!
I can always count on the Overlander to give a wonderful, no drama shave.
I used two items I haven't used in many months; ARKO! and the Cremo brush. They were a nice complement to the shave!

10/10

Enjoy your weekend!

SOTD 04_13_24.jpg
ย 
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ โ€œSOTD April 13th 2024โ€ ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿบ
Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends

Beautiful Saturday here. Perfect for an easy and smooth shave. I opted for perhaps the most iconic razor in history, the Pre-War Tech, which I can use thanks to the generosity of my dear friend @Tanuki .

With a brand new Perma-Sharp, B&M Seville, Semogue SOC Mistura and to finish, Pinaud Citrus Musk, I had a perfect shave. Without any scratches.

With us, quite a duo, Art Farmer and Benny Golson.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
โค๏ธ๐Ÿช’

91C91B60-91F6-4B69-8599-59239DF308B3.jpeg
IMG_6303.jpeg
ย 
Saturday Morning Shearing

It was a fast shave this morning on a nice VC1 with a fourth use GEM blade.
I'm killing the tub of Moon Soaps so you'll be seeing it for a few Days at least.

Valet AutoStrop VC1 Razor
Gem SS PTFE Blade (4X)
Moon Soaps Union
Surrey Boar Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On

Strike Gold Shave Nostalgia Aftershave

70E3D22C-1C5C-4926-8663-F506066AAA89-compressed.jpeg
ย 
SOTD-Lord-L5-Gy_2024-04-13.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 10019 ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
Soap: Derby ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท
Razor: Lord L5 on custom Olive Wood handle ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฌ ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช
Blade: Lord Platinum Class (2) ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฌ
ASL: Clubman ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

A fine shave. :biggrin:

My new Lord L5 (complete with the new plastic OC baseplate) turned up today, so I HAD TO use it (with the standard SB baseplate that is). My Lord Razors education is just beginning. Now I know that the L5 is a Tech clone and the L6 is a DE89/R89 clone.

I think I'll try out the L5's plastic OC baseplate next shave.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.