What's new

The Trophy Room~Post your hunting photos here.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
One of my favorites

$Jonathon & dog.jpg

Here's a collage I put together from some random photos when I used to hunt. Sorry the pic quality is poor.

L to R Clockwise.
1. My first and only muzzleloader hunt in 2008.
2. My first and only rifle hunt in 2006. I used my grandfather's 8mm Mauser.
3. My first turkey hunt in 2004.
4. My last selfbow deer. 2004. I used an bamboo backed osage selfbow and cane arrows of my own making.
5. My first squirrel with a selfbow. Hickory bow with cedar arrows of my own making.
6. My first deer with my very first selfbow. 1998. Osage bow with cedar arrows.

Those two rifle deer are the only two years I used a gun on deer from 1984 to 2008. I progressed from compound bow for 4 years, to fiberglass recurve for a couple of years, to a fiberglass longbow for a time, then moved into selfbows and total ground hunting. I've not been hunting since 2008 as to be honest the passion has left me. I think I'd rather be taking photos at this point in my life. But bring the photos coming as I do still enjoy seeing other's memorable times.

proxy.php

Last edited:
$ducks.jpg

$Cropped.jpg

The top is a picture taken while just riding around in the timber. Bottom is from a hunt this past weekend. Still deerless though, that is my main passion.

Here are a few pictures from our duck and goose hunt back in January. The First picture is my first shot ever from my new to me Beretta Extrema, you have to love downing a bird with your first shot ever from a shotgun you just bought. The Second is a picture of all the birds our group shot and the Lab that worked his butt off chasing down the birds. This guy is one year old and while retrieving one bird another is shot and falls right next to him on his way in. The second bird is wounded so when it lands it takes off running. This awesome dog drops the bird he knows is dead and chases the one running off. After he caught the second he ran back to the first and dragged both birds back in.$Hunting Photos 008.jpg$Hunting Photos 006.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've always dreamed of the man cave with walls swathed in big game heads, but alas, I'm a Chicago guy, so you takes what you can gets!

Here are a few different photos. I am heading out for my 4th black bear hunt in August and am getting pumped up.

My 2012 Black Bear. New Mexico-7mm-08-140 gr. TTSX.

proxy.php

proxy.php

June 2013 Hog

proxy.php

Recent West Texas Javelina

proxy.php

proxy.php

Recent Coyote-South Texas

proxy.php

Grey Foxes

proxy.php

proxy.php

First deer of the season. 150 lb Arkansas White Tail Doe at 611 yards.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 208
Top Bottom