What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke thread VIII- BBQ at the B&B

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Soon.
$image.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yea. Rib eyes, hot links with Chris' mustard sauce, lobster tail, and my homemade Cole slaw I teased earlier. Shrimp was also cooked, but I didn't have any, because my pants are about to bust.

No kidding, I've been putting Crazy Kiwi on everything. I wonder where you can buy that stuff?

.. [MENTION=48230]cleanshaved[/MENTION]

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Yea. Rib eyes, hot links with Chris' mustard sauce, lobster tail, and my homemade Cole slaw I teased earlier. Shrimp was also cooked, but I didn't have any, because my pants are about to bust.

I honored my humble must'-hab' hot sauce made it on your plate on Memorial Day.

No kidding, I've been putting Crazy Kiwi on everything. I wonder where you can buy that stuff?

.. @cleanshaved

It is sold.......

... as a kit. Some assembly required.
some of this...

$20160514_123233.jpg

...and a bit of this http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/390846-Hot-sauce-junkie?p=8232315#post8232315

Payment required on deliverer....

Just a simple thank you. That puts you guys in credit. :001_cool:

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I smoked two racks of trimmed pork spare ribs, corn in the husk, and a ring of venison and pork German sausage today.

My seat for the day. I'm using my Master Built propane upright smoker in the background...
proxy.php

Action photo (sausage added later in the process)
proxy.php

My able assistant for the day (although I need to train him on proper hammock usage!
proxy.php

I neglected to get a final product shot, but the ribs were perfectly cooked with a nice ring. The corn was served with jalapeno and garlic compound butter, and the sausage was really good as well.

Cheers!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I smoked two racks of trimmed pork spare ribs, corn in the husk, and a ring of venison and pork German sausage today.

My seat for the day. I'm using my Master Built propane upright smoker in the background...

Action photo (sausage added later in the process)

My able assistant for the day (although I need to train him on proper hammock usage!

I neglected to get a final product shot, but the ribs were perfectly cooked with a nice ring. The corn was served with jalapeno and garlic compound butter, and the sausage was really good as well.

Cheers!

Wow! Thanks for checking into the Mess Hall Cam. Nice setup. Your assistant has got the shade part right.:thumbup1:

I made pastrami last weekend, using Meathead Goldwyn's (amazingribs.com) "Almost Like Katz's" recipe.

OMG.
SOOOOOOOOO good.

Basics: Brine a corned beef ( I had one already prepared). Heavily rub with Pastrami spices, refrigerate for 2 days, smoke to 160°, refrigerate for 1 day, steam to 203°. Eat.

I was a complete ******* and forgot to take pictures. Here's one after I remembered and had made a sandwich. Sorry for the lack of "food styling". The smoke was very apparent -- and something totally different than in "supermarket" pastrami which probably never sees any actual smoke. There was a distinct smoke ring, too. The spice rub was perfect -- spicy -- LOTS of black pepper and coriander were the major rub components.

It is quite possibly the best pastrami I have ever had. (I have not been to Katz's, but if it's better than this, I'd probably die of happiness at the first bite.)

$pastrami.jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Nice sandwich Jim. When I do on occasion, take the time, this is what I'm aiming for. Just looking at the picture I can smell it. ha.

Top Bottom