What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2020

If I ever decide to step into the world of Scotch, this bottle is likely to be my first purchase. I've heard good things, and it is typically affordable.
It was a very nice first tasting that evening. Definitely a mellow scotch taste with some of the sweetness of a bourbon. A little bit of a bite up front but finishes very easy and smooth.

F66C1672-F89F-48B7-A5D3-60E006371C04.jpeg

In laws cleaning out some stuff. I got two JW reds from 1997 unopened. Also 6 bottles of red wine and some J&B from 1991. Father in law even gave me a vintage Garcia spinning rod and a Garcia Mitchel reel in mint condition. That will outlast the alcohol.

I tried Monkey shoulder and , well it didn’t go over well. I finished the bottle but not going to buy again. It gets lots of press but it didn’t make me want to buy again.
I’ve had it a couple times now. I find it acceptable as ling as it’s taken neat. Rebuy? Probably not. I think I’d rather just pick up a decent bottle of straight bourbon or scotch. I don’t feel like o wasted my budget though.

I’ve had it a couple times now. I find it acceptable as ling as it’s taken neat. Rebuy? Probably not. I think I’d rather just pick up a decent bottle of straight bourbon or scotch. I don’t feel like o wasted my budget though.
Agree, not so expensive that buyers remorse lingers. Just no wow factor. I was really hopeful for some wow at the price point. It’s fun to explore whisky so, it’s just a check that one off my list and move along to the next.

Top Bottom