What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2020

St George Spirits Baller
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Added a bottle of Laphroaig 10 and Glenfiddich 12 to the cabinet. I‘m on day 20 of dry January but that ain’t slowing me down on building my selection of single malts.

I had a coupon for Total Wine and More. Bowmore 12 has been added to my cabinet. That makes 14 single malts. I think I might end to add a blend or two to keep me from dipping into the single malts ?

I had a coupon for Total Wine and More. Bowmore 12 has been added to my cabinet. That makes 14 single malts. I think I might end to add a blend or two to keep me from dipping into the single malts ?
I recommend Douglas Laing Rock Oyster for a blended scotch to have on hand.

I looked at that one. I also looked at the Lagavulan 9 with the Game of thrones label. It was less expensive than the 8. I could care less about the GOT marketing. I just want to buy smoky peaty bottles now. Only one could come home with me unfortunately.

$62 at Costco, northern California. Balvenie 12 American Oak. Also a Costco blended scotch to sip on to keep me out of my single malts until I reach my goal. I keep moving the goal line. Ha ha! At the moment Im thinking 18 bottles. That’s 3 more to go. I need to replace a Balvenie double wood. Get a second Lagavulan and who knows what the third will be?

CC105262-3EE8-43A5-AAD1-B84F14A341D2.jpeg

Lagavulan 16 at Costco for $65. BevMo and total wine have it for $90? Rock Oyster is interesting. Kind of light on the smoke/Peat and a hot alcohol aspect. Tried to add water to calm the alcohol but the flavors were lost. I had another pour and let it breathe. Less water and it was a better. Think I’ll stick with Laphroaig 10 for the quality and price.

Drink it to the shoulder of the bottle and let it rest a month. Then try it again

In these uncertain times I’ve taken precautions to protect my single malts from myself. Last week I picked up two jugs of Cutty Sark and today I got two jugs of Dewars at Costco.

Top Bottom