What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Had some custom leather land for the NC Bob Marvel Custom. Southern Trapper "Professional" with a shark skin insert and matching mag pouch
TST.jpg
. Absolutely beautiful and completely wrong :( Requested for a double stack and they made it for a single stack... 14 weeks waiting down the drain. Still, it is pretty!

I use to have a replica Navy Colt in .44 magnum. When you pulled the trigger, every one else in the range stopped shooting. It was like a howitzer. :) You’d hear ting, ting, ting (everyone else shooting), followed by BOOOOOOOM, then silence.

Yes. When shooting my S&W 44mag, my cousin in the adjacent lane felt the muzzle blast. Fun guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Stopped in the local sports shop to get my fishing license, and on the way out the door, I saw this Ruger Wrangler. I had some errands to run, but I went back later with more money. My first .22 handgun.

IMG_20200622_181009856~2.jpg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Well a takedown Ruger 10/22 followed me home. It was on sale at only $20.00 more than the standard model and had been a display model. No signs of any use and works as it should. I still seem to shoot my old JC Higgins more accurately but maybe I'll get better. I have a Marlin 60 on order as well but still no estimate of when it might show up.

The composite stock is not as unpleasant as I expected and I have to admit that cleanup and maintenance is a bunch easier than on the old JC Higgins.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Well a takedown Ruger 10/22 followed me home. It was on sale at only $20.00 more than the standard model and had been a display model. No signs of any use and works as it should. I still seem to shoot my old JC Higgins more accurately but maybe I'll get better. I have a Marlin 60 on order as well but still no estimate of when it might show up.

The composite stock is not as unpleasant as I expected and I have to admit that cleanup and maintenance is a bunch easier than on the old JC Higgins.

We need pics sir. Plus the takedown process. :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Maybe pics tomorrow. The take down process is pull lever ---> twist. It's simple enough even I can do it.

Stopped in the local sports shop to get my fishing license, and on the way out the door, I saw this Ruger Wrangler. I had some errands to run, but I went back later with more money. My first .22 handgun.

View attachment 1116555
Nice score. Did you know that in Minnesota you can't own one since the melting point is lower than 1,000 degrees? I had never heard of that law until I looked the pistol up a minute ago. Weird and obscure way to limit the second amendment rights eh?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
We need pics sir. Plus the takedown process. :)
Some pics. The takedown really is about as simple as can be.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The frame end:
proxy.php

proxy.php

The barrel end:
proxy.php

Process is put barrel into frame and rotate 90 degrees.

proxy.php

The post to the left is the lever to disassemble. Same process; pull lever and rotate barrel section 90 degrees.

proxy.php

When it is together it is rock solid.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yeah, I really like that. That composite 10/22 looks just like the one I have, except mine isn't a take down. I'm sure that makes cleaning alot easier also.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Nice. How much did ya get for it? Just one cylinder, or did it come with or able to obtain the .22 Magnum cylinder?
I paid $210, plus tax, so just under $230. It came with just the one cylinder. I didn't even know a .22 Mag cylinder was available.
Nice score. Did you know that in Minnesota you can't own one since the melting point is lower than 1,000 degrees? I had never heard of that law until I looked the pistol up a minute ago. Weird and obscure way to limit the second amendment rights eh?
That's ridiculous. It doesn't even make sense to me.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm sure the misguided thought process was to eliminate the cheap "Saturdaynight Specials" made of pot metal, but that begs the question, "is Combat Tupperware legal in MN?" Surely composite framed guns don't meet that arbitrary standard.

I'm sure the misguided thought process was to eliminate the cheap "Saturdaynight Specials" made of pot metal, but that begs the question, "is Combat Tupperware legal in MN?" Surely composite framed guns don't meet that arbitrary standard.

I bought a Walther Q4 SF, just so I could go to MN. Actually they don’t reciprocate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom