What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

I always figured if you got one it would look like this:
proxy.php

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Congrats! A great void in your existence has now been filled! Very nice indeed! So what leather goods will you be toten it in? Do you have any ammo for it yet?

You know, it really does feel like a void has finally been filled. As peculiar as that sounds considering it’s just an inanimate object, but there is a feeling of relief or “finally!” I am definitely experiencing.

For carrying it, I think the DeSantis IWB Cozy Partner I picked up for it last night from Bass Pro will work nicely. It’s quality leather with good double stitching and a reinforced open top for fast draws and positive reholstering.

For OWB, gotta go with @Acmemfg expertise in holster leather, so I will be heavily looking into obtaining something from Andrew’s.

There is just something about an Andrew’s holster.

I do have ammo for it, mostly Gold Dots and a few boxes of HST’s. But I definitely need more FMJ. I am really wanting to run this gun, in a time when I should be counting my bullets and not out just running my gun.

This being conservative stuff is killing me. :)

OkieStubble

I always figured if you got one it would look like this:
proxy.php

Rofl! Me too! :lol:
I believe and am hoping, this Springfield will be the closest to that.

Eventually, I will get a glossy, shiny and pretty full size 1911. Preferably of the Colt variety.

But I wanted my first 1911 to be carry ready for hard use. The Range Officer model is 4 inches either way in barrel and frame.

While it has a match grade trigger, stainless match grade fully supported bull barrel, extended safety lever, beaver tail and competition lock work.

I also like the plain, rugged flat black combat parkerizing of it’s finish, and the non ambidextrous safety and magazine release. It has all the high grade features for fast competition or combat, while keeping that plain, battle ready look of a basic G.I. 1911.

I really like it! It screams me! :)

Last edited:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
So remember I said I wanted an Officer's Model? Well that foreshadowing :lol: Been waiting on this one for a while now. Gentlemen I give you the Nighthawk Counselor 9mm....
660E410A-E756-41C4-8C40-55CA265FF8DF.jpeg

and with its biggest brother, the Agent 2...
84B540DA-5EE3-4D5D-8ACA-82932D65C8C0.jpeg

3.5" barrel, 9mm, 8+1, heavy undercut so I can get my whole hand around it (no dangly pinky), super thin grip pannels, and they managed to get a full mag well in it without extending the grip length. Gonna be a great companion!

Last edited:

OkieStubble

So remember I said I wanted an Officer's Model? Well that foreshadowing :lol: Been waiting on this one for a while now. Gentlemen I give you the Nighthawk Counselor 9mm....
View attachment 1214481

View attachment 1214483
3.5" barrel, 9mm, 8+1, heavy undercut so I can get my whole hand around it (no dangly pinky), super thin grip pannels, and they managed to get a full mag well in it without extending the grip length. Gonna be a great companion!

I like it!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Here it is.

View attachment 1214523
View attachment 1214524

At some point I plan on replacing the grips with more traditional ones. These are nice, but the whole point of getting this one was to have a more traditional HP, with the ring hammer and small safety. Now I can leave my Browning Mk. III stock.
Man! That is sweet! Are my eyes playing tricks or is that pistol color case hardened? Love that!

View attachment 1214481

View attachment 1214483

Pretty sweet!!

Top Bottom