What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Been feeling a little curious lately and wanted to see if I can get into the striker lifestyle so I grabbed this Sig AXG P320 Scorpion...
That is a one handsome piece!

Now, queue up Peter, Paul & Mary’s, If I Had A Hammer, for your immersion into the hammerless world comes on the heels of yet another P320 unintended discharge ... this particular one, an undeniably neglegent discharge.

Appears as though our neighbor to the North opted to use an altered P226 holster to house his 320. Pending investigation & somewhat ironic, his unit (The JTF-2 Counterterrorism Force) had their striker-fired pistols pulled & replaced with the P320’s predecessor, the tried & true P226.

ARTICLE: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/soldier-wounded-wrong-holster-1.5903723

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
That is a one handsome piece!

Now, queue up Peter, Paul & Mary’s, If I Had A Hammer, for your immersion into the hammerless world comes on the heels of yet another P320 unintended discharge ... this particular one, an undeniably neglegent discharge.

Appears as though our neighbor to the North opted to use an altered P226 holster to house his 320. Pending investigation & somewhat ironic, his unit (The JTF-2 Counterterrorism Force) had their striker-fired pistols pulled & replaced with the P320’s predecessor, the tried & true P226.

ARTICLE: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/soldier-wounded-wrong-holster-1.5903723
I am definitely being cautious with this one. Mainly because of the XFIVE trigger pack that while not the Gray Guns unit in the Legion is pretty still light, the wide flat trigger, and the lack of a manual safety. For concealed carry I think I would want a P320-M18 and I would NEVER carry it appendix...

shoelessjoe

I am definitely being cautious with this one ... and I would NEVER carry it appendix...
They are tack drivers straight out of the box & how much more so, yours with those enhancements?!

Though my lowly P320 X-Carry will never find itself on my person, let alone my “appendix” (ouch!), as a range piece, I have really warmed up to & have grown to appreciate it.

Call me a weasel, but if someone sees me tooling around the city or back country & there’s a striker-fired piece on the hip, chest or shoulder, save for HK squeeze-cockers, know that they will not find a chambered round.

Now, off this rabbit trail of mine & back to your Scorpion ... I look forward to reading & seeing your one ragged hole range reports!

nikonNUT

They are tack drivers straight out of the box & how much more so, yours with those enhancements?!

Though my lowly P320 X-Carry will never find itself on my person, let alone my “appendix” (ouch!), as a range piece, I have really warmed up to & have grown to appreciate it.

Call me a weasel, but if someone sees me tooling around the city or back country & there’s a striker-fired piece on the hip, chest or shoulder, save for HK squeeze-cockers, know that they will not find a chambered round.

Now, off this rabbit trail of mine & back to your Scorpion ... I look forward to reading & seeing your one ragged hole range reports!
@shoelessjoe You mean like this?
A89C9945-EFA5-4047-B5B9-6799CC5B94BD.jpeg

13 of them found the mark, one cut, and one... Well, I'm an idiot. 2" dot at 10 yards. I really am falling in love with the P320!

Last edited:

nikonNUT

@nikonNUT ... I’d say, color me surprised by the results, but knowing a wee bit about you & a little more about the 320, I’m not.

Fantastic shooting!
You are too kind, sir! I'll figure this shooting thing out eventually. Knowing what I now know about the 320... I think I need an XFIVE Legion in my life! :lol:

nikonNUT

The XFIVE Legion as with all other Legions is no doubt, quite refined & on a whole other level, but come on, Sig(!) ... Cerakote???
I hear that! If (when) I get a Legion I will probably send the slide out to have the Cerakote removed and DLC put in its place! My STI Stacatto-C is DLC'd and I CANNOT scratch that finish! Of course you can only get it in the Henry Ford color pallet but I'm OK with that.

shoelessjoe

:biggrin1: “Henry Ford color pallet” ... hey, understated is good.

By no means did I mean to disparage Cerakote & those firearms finished with such. I actually have a matte black -over- burnt bronze Cerakote P229 that is quite stunning in appearance. What I meant to convey was that Cerakote on a Legion is well, tantamount to Mercedes slapping snap-on wheel covers onto an AMG GLE 63 S Coupe.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
20 inch upper came in. I know PSA sometimes gets trashed on some of the AR forums but I’ve never had an issue with them. I always buy the “premium” with a FN barrel. This is probably going to be my last 556 AR. I have 3 stripped lowers coming. One for this upper, one for a 300Blackout build and one undecided. This rifle will probably get some glass and be a mid-range shooter. Or maybe I’ll get a carry handle and leave it alone.
2412D199-B629-4C41-A47E-C87B9E03E8AA.jpeg
05C1881E-17DB-47DA-877E-1A37258AE3A6.jpeg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
20 inch upper came in. I know PSA sometimes gets trashed on some of the AR forums but I’ve never had an issue with them. I always buy the “premium” with a FN barrel. This is probably going to be my last 556 AR. I have 3 stripped lowers coming. One for this upper, one for a 300Blackout build and one undecided. This rifle will probably get some glass and be a mid-range shooter. Or maybe I’ll get a carry handle and leave it alone. View attachment 1222041View attachment 1222040

That looks kool and old skool.' I'd put a carry handle and then one of those smaller, Trijicon ACOG's that screw into the carry handle. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
0B999E23-FDBA-4590-A051-1D5D9BF30ABD.jpeg

JP Enterprise 22 in. 6.5 Grendel barrel , VG6 Lambda muzzle break, Superlative Arms Adjustable Gas block assembled to Aero Precision M4E upper receiver, Yankee Hill Machine floating handguard.

3C70821D-68AA-49BF-ADC2-2B1FA4F6737F.jpeg

Attachments

• 34BF4D27-9B05-4718-8961-A7579C2ED939.jpeg
    34BF4D27-9B05-4718-8961-A7579C2ED939.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
View attachment 1223981
Seek and ye shall find...Colt M4 5.56 on its way here. Amazed I found one in stock (Texas). Now deciding whether or not to keep the S&W MagPul MOE or sell it...decisions, decisions🤷🏼‍♂️

Nice acquisition Tim! Is it the Colt LE 6920?

A very wise old man here not too long ago, told me; "if you don't have to feed it, clothe it, it doesn't take up any space and doesn't need to pay rent? Why not keep your S&W Magpul MOE? :)

Nice acquisition Tim! Is it the Colt LE 6920?

A very wise old man here not too long ago, told me; "if you don't have to feed it, clothe it, it doesn't take up any space and doesn't need to pay rent? Why not keep your S&W Magpul MOE? :)
Yes kind of. This is the newer version of the LE6920, called the CR6920. Both are identical except the CR is engraved “Carbine”. Not much of a difference from what I can tell.
Already turned down a healthy offer for the S&W. May keep it...or not. Can only shoot one at a time and the safe is getting kinda full😱

Top Bottom