What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I hate me to, Rob! If ya make it to Hot Springs you can help me burn thru it!!!

P.S. @OkieStubble if you are so inclined I have a Vortex Sparc AR that your lovely bride can test drive for as long as she likes... I'm not using it. Kinda enamored with my Sig Romeo 8 and I think I like the Springer Saint Victor with plain ol' BUIS anyways. Let me know and I can get it headed your way!

You're a good dude Chris! I also have a Romeo 5 for her inbound! :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Wait! Before commencing, let me go back & edit in a disclaimer! 😬

ah, I got this ... probably. Punch comes today, though!

Everything should have tritium sights!

The Lyman dies cleaned up nice this morning, and it's always nice to get a new boolit mold. .30-30 was the caliber I started on a Lee Loader with, in 1978 ...Never used either RCBS molds or Lyman dies before. Interesting.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
With progressive lenses, the sights are blurry, even in sunny 16 lighting. Four tritium hashes, each one at the vertical and horizontal end points of the front sight , might draw my eyes to the center even when blurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might look into investing in an LPVO as I am doing?

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Found this FN 1900 today. No magazine, and that made me hesitate, but I figured I'd rather try to find a mag than try to find another 1900. I ended up ordering a Triple K, which I'm a little nervous about, but I figure it's better than nothing.

IMG_20200929_230523123.jpg
IMG_20200929_230516553.jpg

And here it is with its younger (in terms of lineage, not necessarily actual age) American cousin (niece/nephew? Half-sibling?).
IMG_20200929_231542732.jpg

Kilroy6644

I've had pretty good luck so far with TripleK mags.

Love the early FNs.
I hope I get your luck. I've heard mixed reviews, but it's literally the only option. As long as I can shoot it, I'll be happy. I'd been looking for one for a long time. It's in really good shape, too.

Kilroy6644

I hope I get your luck. I've heard mixed reviews, but it's literally the only option. As long as I can shoot it, I'll be happy. I'd been looking for one for a long time. It's in really good shape, too.
Just got the email that it's on backorder. Wonderful.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Grabbed host #2 today in the form of a CZ 457 ProVarmint AT-One w/ a 24" barrel... Just have to acquire a scope (Thinking an Athlon Helos), a scope base ('cause CZs 11mm dovetail set-up is odd to say the least), and a set of rings..
457 PV AT-One.jpg

And a BassPro provided a few (collectable? :lol1: ) boolets to feed it...
bricks.jpg

nikonNUT

CZ’s are so nice and so underrated.
I agree! From the wee bit of fiddling around I've done I would say that the quality is excellent. And while underrated the 457s are (along with the Tikka T1x's) owning the NRL22 Base class. Might have to give that a try once I get it sorted out!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Grabbed host #2 today in the form of a CZ 457 ProVarmint AT-One w/ a 24" barrel... Just have to acquire a scope (Thinking an Athlon Helos), a scope base ('cause CZs 11mm dovetail set-up is odd to say the least), and a set of rings..

The 11mm or 3/8" inch dovetail has been and in much of the world still is the standard. The later Weaver and Picatinny bases are a relatively new phenomena. But an adapter is readily available and generally run about $10.

I keep a few on hand just in case. Installed one the other day on the Rossi RB22 to mount a reflex red/green dot.

nikonNUT

The 11mm or 3/8" inch dovetail has been and in much of the world still is the standard. The later Weaver and Picatinny bases are a relatively new phenomena. But an adapter is readily available and generally run about $10.

I keep a few on hand just in case. Installed one the other day on the Rossi RB22 to mount a reflex red/green dot.
I considered the 11mm rings from Tier-One (amazing quality) but for the price they run I can get an EGW or Area 419 adapter, a set of Burris (the self aligning ones) or Vortex (Precision Matched) rings, and still buy a box or two of Eley, SK, or Lapua "fancy" ammo for testing purposes.

View attachment 1163702

View attachment 1163706
I highly recommend the Area 419 scope base. It’s superbly made and clamps from the sides instead of top.

my CZ 455 Varmint Tacticool before I added the cheek riser:
proxy.php

nikonNUT

I highly recommend the Area 419 scope base. It’s superbly made and clamps from the sides instead of top.

my CZ 455 Varmint Tacticool before I added the cheek riser:
proxy.php
Very nice! The only thing that turns me off about the Area 419 riser (and I am a huge fanboi!) is how stinking tall it is! The EGW clamps from the side as well but is only half the height. But the added bubble level is a plus! I'm gonna have to ponder this when I get back...

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm a big fan of the Burris Signature rings, particularly if you get the insert kit for additional adjustment. In addition to correcting alignment issues, you can add a few MOA elevation as well. I use them on all of my 1 inch scopes. While they make a set of 30 mm rings, I don't believe they have the additional insert kit for them. UTG makes dovetail to Picatinny individual base converters that are supper low profile. Reviews vary on the inexpensive Chicom made adapters, works on some applications well, not so much on others. I've used them on airguns with success, not sure how well they would stand up to heavy recoil though, but should work fine for a .22.

Last edited:
Top Bottom