What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

Ordered this Beretta APX online on Monday and picked it up from my LGS yesterday. It even came with a bonus 21 round magazine. Now I just need the local ranges to reopen.
A+ Gallery_7.jpg
A+ Gallery_2.jpg

Very all business looking. Which takes some getting used to, considering Beretta's history with beautiful all steel pistols. :)
It is definitely not the best looking Beretta I've ever seen, but it fits my hand perfectly and it has a great trigger and for only $336 shipped it was just too much temptation to pass up.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It is definitely not the best looking Beretta I've ever seen, but it fits my hand perfectly and it has a great trigger and for only $336 shipped it was just too much temptation to pass up.

I absolutely agree with you. You are like me. I too, can see the awesome beauty, in an ugly, all business like, highly ergonomic & light fighting pistol with a great trigger and adequate round count. :) And for only $336?

Can't beat that.

OkieStubble

It just jumped in the truck and came home with me today. It’s a S&W Performance Center M2.0 4.25” Ported CORE. It will replace my non-ported M1.0. I’ll stick my SRO on it and the RMR on the older one.

Do you like the SRO better then the RMR?

Do you like the SRO better then the RMR?

I do like it better, but I am still developing MRD skills. The sight acquisition is a whole lot faster with wider fields of view both vertically and horizontally.

That being said, the RMR is a better choice for concealability.

Then there’s the battery changing issue. You have to remove the sight and then retorque the screws to change it. That’s probably not killer, since you would only have to do it once per year on an EDC, to play it safe. The battery might last up to 4 years.

Now...I have a Holosun 507c-V2 on my VP9 and might switch over at 60% the cost of a Trijicon. You can choose reticle, dot, or reticle and dot. It sleeps after 10 minutes of rest and shakes awake instantly...and I mean instantly. It’s also solar powered. The battery should last years, since it’s not on at night while it’s out of your holster. The only thing I really dislike is that the adjustment turrets don’t have graduations. You have to rely on hearing the clicks and feeling them while at a noisy range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

Great post and reviews Scott! I have heard good things about Holosun. But I’m sure many other brands don’t have the reputations yet for everyday reliability that Trijicon has yet.

I have noticed seeing more Sig RDS’s on officer’s pistol as of late, but I’m also seeing more Sig duty pistols as of late.

Great post and reviews Scott! I have heard good things about Holosun. But I’m sure many other brands don’t have the reputations yet for everyday reliability that Trijicon has yet.

I have noticed seeing more Sig RDS’s on officer’s pistol as of late, but I’m also seeing more Sig duty pistols as of late.

I’m interested in the SIG Romeos too. My instructor’s VP9 sports a SIG. I’m sure it came highly recommended to him from the educational community, many of whom work with LEOs.

If I had a SIG, it would get a Romeo. As it is I have a Walthers Q4 steel frame OR coming in 3 weeks and I’m undecided as to what to put on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the kind comment.

It sits in the safe next to a Beretta SPII in 20ga, a Beretta EEL in 28 gage, and another Rizzini, a Jubilee Prestige in .410. I absolutely love the sub gauges, oh, and I like Italian shotguns.

Top Bottom