What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Got me some double ply!!! Oh, and my latest pistol landed. Not it's not a Nighthawk! :lol: Ordered a TriARC Systems TSR-15S with a 8.3" barrel and the Law Tactical folder in 5.56. Slapped a Sig Romeo8H on and went to the range. It a wicked little sister!!! Love it! :thumbsup:
View attachment 1076996
View attachment 1076997
I may be naive, but how is this considered a pistol and not a very short rifle? That isn’t an arm rest, it’s a short stock.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I may be naive, but how is this considered a pistol and not a very short rifle? That isn’t an arm rest, it’s a short stock.
Look closer. See the velcro strap? That is technically an "arm brace". The "butt" portion is rubbery and not solid, split to ostensibly fit around your forearm. A legal loop hole, both technically and figuratively!

I’ll get better pics soon

6E41E44E-7628-4B28-9442-1FA8C43D33EF.jpeg

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
#7 acquired! The LGS gave me a pretty good discount on this beast so I couldn’t resist!
C01AC4C8-EBB9-410E-804C-5B09547FDD4B.jpeg

I have new pic rail screws inbound (going for maximum length here) as several folks have shot the mounts loose which is weird because the .338LM is such a soft recoiling round. 🤣 and already have a spare Virtex Viper to put on it. All I need is a ARCA rail to pic adapter and some ammo! I think reloading gear in in my near future!

#7 acquired! The LGS gave me a pretty good discount on this beast so I couldn’t resist!
View attachment 1088648
I have new pic rail screws inbound (going for maximum length here) as several folks have shot the mounts loose which is weird because the .338LM is such a soft recoiling round. 🤣 and already have a spare Virtex Viper to put on it. All I need is a ARCA rail to pic adapter and some ammo! I think reloading gear in in my near future!

What is it? Caliber?

Sorry just seen it is a 338 LM. Nice, reach out and touch something:)

Last edited:
View attachment 1088648
I have new pic rail screws inbound (going for maximum length here) as several folks have shot the mounts loose which is weird because the .338LM is such a soft recoiling round. [emoji1787] and already have a spare Virtex Viper to put on it. All I need is a ARCA rail to pic adapter and some ammo! I think reloading gear in in my near future!

Looks like a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 1088648
I have had an itch for that rifle in 6.5 creedmoor for a while. Very nice!!!

nikonNUT

I have had an itch for that rifle in 6.5 creedmoor for a while. Very nice!!!

Do eeet! :D And thank you!

What is it? Caliber?

Sorry just seen it is a 338 LM. Nice, reach out and touch something:)

Sorry,
Savage Arms 110 Elite Precision in .338 Lapua Magnum. Comes fitted in a MDT ACC chassis with a 30" stainless barrel and weighs 15 pound sans scope, mount, ammo. etc! I figure 18 fully kitted and weights are available to bump it to 20+. Also has their Accu-trigger and breaks clean at 2.5lbs from the factory and can be adjusted down to 1.5lbs but I am suspicious of that setting. Things can get hairy just closing the bolt!

So a question for the gurus. Gun comes with a 20MOA rail (6MIL. What? That's what I work in :lol1: ) and the scope has about 15.1MIL of dial up (from back when it was on the 6.5CM) so I have 21.1 MIL of dial aka 1700 yards and way into subsonic (my ballistics calculator says subsonic happens at 1550 yards) so would ya'll add another 20 MOA in the scope mount or let it ride? I have another 7MIL of holdover with the reticle at max magnification for a total of 28.1MIL or 1970 yards. Seems WAY out of my league but I figured I'd ask :)

P.S. Ranges are based on a Lapua Scenar 300gr BTHP doing 2743 FPS from a 27" barrel (I'll get a bit more speed) and no atmospheric conditions...

Last edited:

nikonNUT

And almost all the goodies are secured to build the beast. Went with an Athalon Ares ETR UHD 4.5x30x56 in a Spuhr mount, got cleaning goodies, and a case. Should be good to go except for ammo and an ARCA clamp bipod adapter. Anybody need a scope or an STI? :lol1:

Do eeet! :D And thank you!

Sorry,
Savage Arms 110 Elite Precision in .338 Lapua Magnum. Comes fitted in a MDT ACC chassis with a 30" stainless barrel and weighs 15 pound sans scope, mount, ammo. etc! I figure 18 fully kitted and weights are available to bump it to 20+. Also has their Accu-trigger and breaks clean at 2.5lbs from the factory and can be adjusted down to 1.5lbs but I am suspicious of that setting. Things can get hairy just closing the bolt!

So a question for the gurus. Gun comes with a 20MOA rail (6MIL. What? That's what I work in :lol1: ) and the scope has about 15.1MIL of dial up (from back when it was on the 6.5CM) so I have 21.1 MIL of dial aka 1700 yards and way into subsonic (my ballistics calculator says subsonic happens at 1550 yards) so would ya'll add another 20 MOA in the scope mount or let it ride? I have another 7MIL of holdover with the reticle at max magnification for a total of 28.1MIL or 1970 yards. Seems WAY out of my league but I figured I'd ask :)

P.S. Ranges are based on a Lapua Scenar 300gr BTHP doing 2743 FPS from a 27" barrel (I'll get a bit more speed) and no atmospheric conditions...

Damn, that sounds fun!

Top Bottom