What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
And my hack foam job is done (whatdaya expect from a fillet knife?)! Honesty I think it will serve the purpose...
Casedone.jpg

I couldn't find anything adhesive wise that would play nice with the Poly Ethelyene foam (I blame the open cell nature soaking up whatever I put on it) so I used the stock Pelican stuff and some 3M high strength 90 spray adhesive.

Fedex brought me The Barking Spider today. It's named after a fart. I guess it says something about the Spike's mindset.

barking spider

A higher pitched fart, typically resulting when the fart is either forced, or interestingly, when the fart is attempted to be squelched. Should never be confused with a barking tree frog, the tone of which is clear and resounding.

IMG_5028.jpeg

Break on the label... :001_smile
IMG_5029.jpeg
IMG_5032.jpeg
IMG_5034.jpeg

Smaller than I expected. Well made.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Fedex brought me The Barking Spider today. It's named after a fart. I guess it says something about the Spike's mindset.

barking spider

A higher pitched fart, typically resulting when the fart is either forced, or interestingly, when the fart is attempted to be squelched. Should never be confused with a barking tree frog, the tone of which is clear and resounding.

View attachment 1561382
View attachment 1561383View attachment 1561384View attachment 1561385

Nice comp. Many years ago, my wife tried to tell me she never had a barking spider. I immediately called her out on her BS. While that hot debate didn’t challenge our marriage, it did go back and forth for a few days and tested our patience and resolve.

Until I recorded her in her sleep hanging out with a couple of Barking Tree Frogs. And they were clear & resounding! I’m pretty sure she hates me more when I’m right…. ;)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Nice comp! I wonder how it compares to my Noveske "Flaming Pig" which is a forward directing comp that I put on my .300 B.O. AR "pistol".

Nice comp! I wonder how it compares to my Noveske "Flaming Pig" which is a forward directing comp that I put on my .300 B.O. AR "pistol".
Not sure exactly how the Krinkov device blast will be different from the Pig. The Krinkov types are muzzle boosters and increase back pressure and dwell time. Recoil is increased. The weird looking cone has slots at the bottom and it creates 2 chambers to slow down the blast. I have an unrestricted blast can like the Pig and will try both. I run a heavy 5 oz. hydraulic buffer so it may mean the difference between cycling the action or not.
blast director b.jpeg
blast director.jpeg

Last edited:

barking spider

View attachment 1561382
View attachment 1561383View attachment 1561384View attachment 1561385

I have a Troy Claymore muzzle brake on a 11.5" 5.56 barrel. It pushes the blast and sound straight out the front and the recoil is more of a straight back push.

Screenshot_20221124-204225_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221124-204204_Gallery.jpg

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Nice comp. Many years ago, my wife tried to tell me she never had a barking spider. I immediately called her out on her BS. While that hot debate didn’t challenge our marriage, it did go back and forth for a few days and tested our patience and resolve.

Until I recorded her in her sleep hanging out with a couple of Barking Tree Frogs. And they were clear & resounding! I’m pretty sure she hates me more when I’m right…. ;)
How has she not murdered you in your sleep? :lol: I mean I will not put my woman above such things but I am sure as the day is long not going to accuse her of it! "Gee babe, I don't know WHY the paint could be pealing off the walls in the master bedroom". She is Colombian and that's all I will say about that other than "I WANT TO LIVE!!!"

Last edited:

OkieStubble

How has she not murdered you in your sleep? :lol: I mean I will not put my woman above such things but I am sure as the day is long not going to accuse her of it! "Gee babe, I don't know WHY the paint could be pealing off the walls in the master bedroom". She is Colombian and that's all I will say about that other than "I WANT TO LIVE!!!"

I know my wife very well whether she admits it or not. She loves me, so she won’t kill me in my sleep. However, she has and will stop cooking and feeding me for a minute.

Perfect timing for me actually,

1. It’s Thanksgiving and there are a lot of leftovers I can microwave.

2. Once those Thanksgiving leftovers run out, I can stand to loose a couple of pounds.

3. I’ll start with the sad face now and she will be feeling sorry for me by the end of the first week in December and will be cooking again.

Can you see the perfected strategy after 38 years of marriage? :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I’ve always been attracted to Latinas. When they love you they love you, when they’re mad watch out. Like a roller coaster (of love) it can exciting and scary at the same time. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I know my wife very well whether she admits it or not. She loves me, so she won’t kill me in my sleep. However, she has and will stop cooking and feeding me for a minute.

Perfect timing for me actually,

1. It’s Thanksgiving and there are a lot of leftovers I can microwave.

2. Once those Thanksgiving leftovers run out, I can stand to loose a couple of pounds.

3. I’ll start with the sad face now and she will be feeling sorry for me by the end of the first week in December and will be cooking again.

Can you see the perfected strategy after 38 years of marriage? :)
I believe our wives are much alike my friend. Very lucky to have us.

What else would they have to pray about?!

OkieStubble

I’ve always been attracted to Latinas. When they love you they love you, when they’re mad watch out. Like a roller coaster (of love) it can exciting and scary at the same time. :)

What? I’m married to a red haired Irish woman!

You ain’t seen mad brah! Trust me, I have stepped one step past mad. I have personally crept to the edge of the abyss and peered into the jaws of the absolute.

The difference between the fear of God’s judgement and my wife’s?

Makeup…. ;)

Top Bottom