What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

Taylor's & Co. 10 mm 1911 came in a nice little case with two mags
10mm-1 (2)_LI.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 for my “heavy” 6.5 Grendel, which currently only has a 2.5-10 scope on it.

Illuminated? That's about what I'm looking to top off my Ruger American Grendel. How much does it weigh? I'm seriously considering saving up my pennies for thermal also. Haven't decided yet. Good looking scope though. I like that magnification for Grendel.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Illuminated? That's about what I'm looking to top off my Ruger American Grendel. How much does it weigh? I'm seriously considering saving up my pennies for thermal also. Haven't decided yet. Good looking scope though. I like that magnification for Grendel.
Yes, illuminated. 31.2 oz.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@OkieStubble Yeah, it's a big scope. 16 in. long. The turrets are pretty robust, adding to the weight for sure. The 3-15x version is about 2 in. shorter but only 3 oz. lighter. I think it would be challenging to find a lighter scope with the feature set that these have. You would have to go with a "hunter" style with low profile turrets to shave significant weight, I would think. But then you would probably be saddled with a less useful reticle perhaps?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
@OkieStubble Yeah, it's a big scope. 16 in. long. The turrets are pretty robust, adding to the weight for sure. The 3-15x version is about 2 in. shorter but only 3 oz. lighter. I think it would be challenging to find a lighter scope with the feature set that these have. You would have to go with a "hunter" style with low profile turrets to shave significant weight, I would think. But then you would probably be saddled with a less useful reticle perhaps?

Agreed. That’s one of the reasons I wanted a lighter, smaller bolt when choosing 6.5 Grendel instead of the AR.

You definitely don’t want to be under glassed. I like the idea of 25 magnification and the 50mm objective. I want great field of view with my Grendel.

I like my AR’s to be light, but I’m getting tired of a 24mm objective in a 30mm tube.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
305F163D-7AE2-4D7B-A0BC-B4AF08B915FB.jpeg

I bought two new turret heads for my Redding T-7 press. I built the stand pictured above to hold them when not in use. Redding sells an (over-priced) turret stand that allows you to stack three turrets, but that would not fit under my shelving, and I would think it a PIA to access the bottom turret so stored. The dies pictured above are not adjusted yet, just partially screwed in. The right turret has my dies for 6.5 Grendel and 6.5 Creedmoor, the left has .223 and .300 BO dies installed. The remaining turret on my press has two sets of .308 dies, one set are small base dies for semi-auto use, the other standard dies for bolt action use. May be over-kill, but over-kill seldom fails!

Last edited:
Top Bottom