What's new

The ROCKWELL 6s Razor Tour Pass-Around.....

Totally agree with the above post. Plates 4,5 & 6 are golden. Plate 6 can shave off a heavy growth easily with a sharp blade. When I pare the 5 or 6 with a Kai or Nacet it's wonderful. Totally worth the price to have 3 great options and use 1 & 2 for a quick 12 hour shave.

Totally agree with the above post. Plates 4,5 & 6 are golden. Plate 6 can shave off a heavy growth easily with a sharp blade. When I pare the 5 or 6 with a Kai or Nacet it's wonderful. Totally worth the price to have 3 great options and use 1 & 2 for a quick 12 hour shave.

You got the "concept" behind the 6S, and then some. I've learned more by playing around with the various plates than I ever did with a one-plate razor.

I don't want to get the mods angry, but I'm excited by 6S's successor.

Jumped to 6 today. Oh yeah.
Marked difference vs. 3 -- a little less of the cushiony feel but much more efficient.
I'll take that tradeoff.

Jumped to 6 today. Oh yeah.
Marked difference vs. 3 -- a little less of the cushiony feel but much more efficient.
I'll take that tradeoff.
Agreed. 6 is the one that gives potentially the best shave. And paired with a sharp blade Kai or Feather for me at least, it does the job.

Agreed. 6 is the one that gives potentially the best shave. And paired with a sharp blade Kai or Feather for me at least, it does the job.

Totally agree. I use plate 6 by far the most. What has surprised me is how useful the other plates are at certain times.

Update:

RockWell 6s US Tour

-chaturvedi11(completed)
-gvw755(completed)
-Hoka Hey(completed)
-DCRIII(completed)
-Head-shaver(completed)
-Sdm84(completed)
-bobmsp(completed)
-gwsmallwood(completed)
-Rory1262(in hand-testing)
-ozarkedger(on-deck)
-Steve_in_CT(in the hole)
-lancre
-BigSpivito
-Gdawgs
-valthun
-meanpr
-robertj298

Enjoy the shaves Gents! Anyone interested in joining the tour just post here or you can pm me if you'd like to get on the list.

Regards, Gus

I am new here and would be interested in trying it out.
Recently got a ASD2 but may be going back...
So i am looking at different Razors. Shame i cant buy a Wunderbar and if i don't like it return it.

The box is headed to Missouri tomorrow. I had a chance to try all six plates, and here's what I thought:

#1: Not that effective (for me). Did a decent job on the cheeks but not on the chin and neck.
Could be suitable for youths or others with very light beards, or perhaps men with beards looking just to shave their cheeks. It could also work for people with skin problems who still need to shave.

#2: A passable shave...but if you're chasing BBS, you won't get it.

#3: As I noted after my first shave with this tool, not bad, but I found myself going over patches more than I had to.

#4-6: as another poster indicated, here's where the real shaves happen.
#4 is quite good, especially following a day with #6.
#5 and #6 are both excellent -- efficient and smooth.

This razor is reasonably priced, but I personally wouldn't benefit from the full package.
I'd be happy with just a 5-6 plate.

I note again the "cushiony" feel while shaving. It's very safe even on #5 and #6.

Do I need to buy it? If I were just getting into traditional methods, I'd say it's an excellent first choice.
However, at this point, I will be content with the tools I have.

Thanks to @GlazedBoker for the opportunity!

Update:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-chaturvedi11(completed)
-gvw755(completed)
-Hoka Hey(completed)
-DCRIII(completed)
-Head-shaver(completed)
Sdm84(completed)
-bobmsp(completed)
-gwsmallwood(completed)
-Rory1262(completed)
-ozarkedger(in-transit too)
-lancre(on-deck)
-BigSpivito(in the hole)
-Gdawgs
-valthun
-meanpr
-robertj298

Updated list as @Steve_in_CT has requested to be dropped from the tour. So that means everyone moves up a spot. Get your shaves on Gents......:thumbup:

The box is headed to Missouri tomorrow. I had a chance to try all six plates, and here's what I thought:

#1: Not that effective (for me). Did a decent job on the cheeks but not on the chin and neck.
Could be suitable for youths or others with very light beards, or perhaps men with beards looking just to shave their cheeks. It could also work for people with skin problems who still need to shave.

#2: A passable shave...but if you're chasing BBS, you won't get it.

#3: As I noted after my first shave with this tool, not bad, but I found myself going over patches more than I had to.

#4-6: as another poster indicated, here's where the real shaves happen.
#4 is quite good, especially following a day with #6.
#5 and #6 are both excellent -- efficient and smooth.

This razor is reasonably priced, but I personally wouldn't benefit from the full package.
I'd be happy with just a 5-6 plate.

I note again the "cushiony" feel while shaving. It's very safe even on #5 and #6.

Do I need to buy it? If I were just getting into traditional methods, I'd say it's an excellent first choice.
However, at this point, I will be content with the tools I have.

Thanks to @GlazedBoker for the opportunity!
Good write up and you're spot on with the newbie to wet shaving theory. It would be an excellent razor for those with little experience. It affords them a razor to learn and grow with.

The razor arrived safe and sound. I'll be shaving with it beginning Monday morning, I'm out of town this weekend. Thank you Rory and others. I'm excited to try the Rockwell. I'll let you know how the first shave goes Monday, stay tuned!

Update:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-chaturvedi11(completed)
-gvw755(completed)
-Hoka Hey(completed)
-DCRIII(completed)
-Head-shaver(completed)
Sdm84(completed)
-bobmsp(completed)
-gwsmallwood(completed)
-Rory1262(completed)
-ozarkedger(in-transit too)
-lancre(on-deck)
-BigSpivito(in the hole)
-Gdawgs
-valthun
-meanpr
-robertj28
@Johnnynroy
@Cg006

Enjoy the shaves Gents! Let's keep this pass around moving. We have been running into some short delays as members have not been able to get the razor on time thus causing a chain reaction of delays. Let's be considerate for those that are waiting and if there will be an issue that perhaps your trial with the razor will be delayed for whatever reason, just let me know as I can drop you down one or two and move other members up. Everyone will get their chance, just let me know if you have a change in your schedule. We all know life happens.... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Monday morning shave report. First of all, GB thank you so much for the pass around, what a great gift you have shared with the many on this tour!

I began by loading the Rockwell with a new Voshkod blade and the #4 plate. The Russian blades seem to match my skin/razor combination the best, with others running a close second. Today's shaving products are brought to us by Stirling Soap Co. I whipped up some Sandpiper after preparing my face with a cleansing of Stirling's Barbershop scented natural soap and moisturizing with Noxema.

The Rockwell began on my cheeks which allowed me to set both angle and pressure quickly. The razor shaved close and very comfortable. After shaving above the jaw line, the real test comes from neck and bottom of chin. The Rockwell gave a really good shave for the first pass. This tool is just as forgiving as the other shavers has attested to. The second pass was across and against the grain, the razor's design and weight performed beautifully. Mondays are my day off and usually the one day of the week I try different shaving products and tools. I don't pursue a DFS on Mondays, I prefer to concentrate on other aspects of the shaving process. This razor's efficiency, balance, and comfort were it's strong points for today's experience.

Tomorrow I'll give the #5 plate a spin and report on the difference. I was impressed with the Rockwell's performance. Clearly the design, quality of construction, and performance testifies to the manufacturer's passion for shaving. Well done, gentlemen!

Until we meet again,
Ozarkedger

Monday morning shave report. First of all, GB thank you so much for the pass around, what a great gift you have shared with the many on this tour!

I began by loading the Rockwell with a new Voshkod blade and the #4 plate. The Russian blades seem to match my skin/razor combination the best, with others running a close second. Today's shaving products are brought to us by Stirling Soap Co. I whipped up some Sandpiper after preparing my face with a cleansing of Stirling's Barbershop scented natural soap and moisturizing with Noxema.

The Rockwell began on my cheeks which allowed me to set both angle and pressure quickly. The razor shaved close and very comfortable. After shaving above the jaw line, the real test comes from neck and bottom of chin. The Rockwell gave a really good shave for the first pass. This tool is just as forgiving as the other shavers has attested to. The second pass was across and against the grain, the razor's design and weight performed beautifully. Mondays are my day off and usually the one day of the week I try different shaving products and tools. I don't pursue a DFS on Mondays, I prefer to concentrate on other aspects of the shaving process. This razor's efficiency, balance, and comfort were it's strong points for today's experience.

Tomorrow I'll give the #5 plate a spin and report on the difference. I was impressed with the Rockwell's performance. Clearly the design, quality of construction, and performance testifies to the manufacturer's passion for shaving. Well done, gentlemen!

Until we meet again,
Ozarkedger
Great write up! Glad you got a great first shave.....:thumbsup:

The second shave with the 6S, I loaded the #5 plate and the same Voshkod blade. Shaving products are brought to us by the legendary C.O. Bigelow Apothecary. Whipping their cream into a velvet protective
landscape the Rockwell went to work like a seasoned landscaper. This shave was closer and smoother, giving a legitimate DFS performance with two passes. I was very pleased to say the least.

Only two shaves in and I'm ready to wack that ceramic pig with a hammer! But wait, one more plate to go before a definite decision can be made. Tomorrow we return home with our shaving products, highlighting a local business.

Will the next shave be as good as the first two? There's only one who might know...ask Jeeves!
Joy in the Morning.

Until we meet again,
Ozarkedger

Top Bottom