What's new

The ROCKWELL 6s Razor Tour Pass-Around.....

So I have out another 2 shaves in with the razor, and the 6 plate is the way to go for me. The 5 still seemed to have a bit of tugging, but the 6 plate combined with the weight of the razor (which is pretty hefty in comparison to most other razors) helps the blade just glide through the hair. Today will be the try to get a BBS from it.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

So I have out another 2 shaves in with the razor, and the 6 plate is the way to go for me. The 5 still seemed to have a bit of tugging, but the 6 plate combined with the weight of the razor (which is pretty hefty in comparison to most other razors) helps the blade just glide through the hair. Today will be the try to get a BBS from it.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
What blades have you tried with it so far?

I am primarily an Israeli Personna Red user, so that has been my go to.

Happy Shaving
-Chris

I am primarily an Israeli Personna Red user, so that has been my go to.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
Right. I will say this and this is my own personal experience. I really disliked the Rockwell 6s with every blade that I used because of it's safety bar gap and blade exposure. Didn't give me enough blade feel and feedback and left my shaves lacking and never got to a BBS finish. I used GSB's, Med Preps, Bolzano SuperInox, Polsiver SI's, Israeli Reds, Nacet, Perma Sharps, Rapira Plat Lux, Voshkod Teflon, and the Feather. The Feather was the only one that gave me acceptable results. But still needed extensive touch ups and buffing to get DFS. All of these using the R6 plate because the rest of the plates were just not cutting it. Although R5 was acceptable. Then, along came the Kai blade. Instantaneously turned the 6s on the R6 plate into a whisker whacking samurai. For some reason the blade is wider from edge to edge width wise and it gave me better blade feel and exposure. And you can tell the difference. And yet it stayed very smooth and efficient. Everyone's experience is different and their own usage will vary. But for me, that's the combo that did it. Others have shaved fine with the blades that I mentioned before and have gotten damn good results. For me and only me, the Kai turned it up a notch. Maybe, just maybe it might work for you. I probably should have put in a couple of tucks in there for those that wanted to try it. Lesson learned. Good luck on your next shave...... :thumbsup:

@lslick23 and @GlazedBoker Any idea how to get a few really quickly to try out? I don't want to hold it for an extended time just to get a few testers, or pay an arm and a leg for a new kind of blade (I just bought my 100 IP Reds)

Happy Shaving
-Chris

Update:

For members waiting to try out the 6s there will be a delay for 2-3 days as I asked @BigSpivito to hang on to the razor as I mailed a few Kai blades out to him. I'd rather have him hold on to it for a couple more days than have the blades play catch up. Rest assured, those left on the list will get an opportunity to try the razor, it will just be delayed a bit. Hang in there, it will continue to make the rounds. Thanks Gents for your patience!

Regards, Gus

Update:

For members waiting to try out the 6s there will be a delay for 2-3 days as I asked @BigSpivito to hang on to the razor as I mailed a few Kai blades out to him. I'd rather have him hold on to it for a couple more days than have the blades play catch up. Rest assured, those left on the list will get an opportunity to try the razor, it will just be delayed a bit. Hang in there, it will continue to make the rounds. Thanks Gents for your patience!

Regards, Gus

No problem here. Sounds like a good plan. I just ordered some Kai blades as well.

I am going to need to get bumped for a few weeks. I am being sent to Detroit in a week and will be gone until mid October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:

Regards, Gus
Please remove my name from the list. I have to many razors to master as it is lol Thanks Bob

Please remove my name from the list. I have to many razors to master as it is lol Thanks Bob
Will do. Thanks for your interest. If you still want to give it a go, don't hesitate to ask.
I am going to need to get bumped for a few weeks. I am being sent to Detroit in a week and will be gone until mid October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got you covered. Right on it.... :thumbsup:

Update:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-chaturvedi11 (completed)
-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (in-hand testing)
-Gdawgs (on-deck)
-meanpr (in the hole)
-Johnnynroy
-Cg006
-himself62
-valthun

Shave on gents.....

Alright fellas, my time has come to a close. My overall thoughts are that the razor is extremely high quality, and will most certainly last you a lifetime. I didn't find much use for the lower plates, as most have also found. I gave it a try with the Kai blades, and there was a pretty good increase in ability. I was able to get a high quality shave with my standard 3 passes. For what it is and what it does, I'm not sure I could drop the $100 price tag right now, especially since there are high quality vintage razors out there that give a very similar shave (Fatboy on setting 8 or 9 is what comes to mind).

Thanks @GlazedBoker for the chance to try this outstanding razor, and @Gdawgs go ahead and send me your mailing info. I'll get it in the mailbox as soon as today at lunch.

Happy Shaving
-Chris

Update:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-chaturvedi11 (completed)
-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)