What's new

The ROCKWELL 6s Razor Tour Pass-Around.....

Been wanting to get this going and had spoken with @poonjaji some time ago if I could use his template on coordinating this pass-around. Much thanks to Michael for his words of wisdom and in giving me the ok to use his tried and true format.

I anticipate in starting this pass-around within a week or 2, so to those who have never tried and would be interested in taking the RockWell 6s Razor for a test shave run, please read on..

General Requirements for Participation
Active B&B members in "good standing" are welcome to send me a PM regarding participating in the tour pass-around. I would suggest active and good standing infers you have been around B&B for at least a few months and are participating in the community. If you are active on other shaving forums and are new to B&B, I will take that into consideration. And if you do not qualify today but have interest, you may become eligible as the tour unfolds..... so please feel free to send me a PM and I can add you to the "reserve" list.

Following are the rules which are simply intended to keep the tour fair, fun, and safe.

1. Please limit your time with the gear to 7 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. There will be exceptions, and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (e.g., vacation, job constraints, travel) please let me know so we can adjust the order and keep the momentum going.

2. The package will contain a RockWell 6s Razor with adjusting plates, and I will include a tuck of RockWell blades and a couple tucks of Astra SP's. You're more than welcome to use your own of course. The blade package should allow at least 10 participants to try the razor. If we have more than 10 participants, I will send additional blades onto the road when we reach that point.

3. I am shipping the razor clean and sterilized. Please do the same before handing it off to the next member. Simple Green, soapy hot water, Barbecide and Scrubby Bubbles are fine. No harsh chemicals that contain ammonia or bleach.

4. Carefully wrap and ship the package as your means allow (e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx). It will be shipping in a small Priority Mail flat rate box. If Priority Mail is a hardship, please switch to a clean, generic box and pack securely. The replacement costs for the razor is nearly $100, and there is an expectation that each participant insure the package for $100 in order to recoup the costs should something go awry. Total costs for Priority Mail & insurance will be about $10, which you might consider the "cost of admission" for the tour.

5. Communicate. Please post in this thread when you receive the razor and when it ships. Upon receipt, please contact the next person on the list in order to have their shipping information on-hand when your time with the razor is over. Please PM me as needed or if you have any questions. It is never fun to track you down if you are in possession of the razor and have gone off the grid.

6. Post Reviews! Please share your impressions, good or bad, with your fellow B&B members. I am in no way affiliated with the vendor and am simply sharing so that members can try the razor and share their experience.

7. Have fun.

Thanks B&B!

Very generous...great razor that has me using it exclusively.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Amazing pass around. It is the one razor I would like to try one day, but won't tempt myself by participating, at least not at this time. I am extremely budget minded, but this one continues to tempt me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Amazing pass around. It is the one razor I would like to try one day, but won't tempt myself by participating, at least not at this time. I am extremely budget minded, but this one continues to tempt me.

Sign up for it amigo. We can adjust if you want to be further down on the try out list. Just get your name in. Nothing wrong with taking a razor for a spin. Have some fun with it.....

Sign up for it amigo. We can adjust if you want to be further down on the try out list. Just get your name in. Nothing wrong with taking a razor for a spin. Have some fun with it.....
proxy.php

I am going to regret this, well, my wife will, but I will sleep on it first. This is a razor that I would love to own.

Count me in, I've been resisting buy one of these for awhile. This will either cure me or send me straight to Rockwell to order one. PM sent stating my interest.

Ok Gents, so far we have enlisted the members below that have thrown their hats into the ring and participate in the tour pass-around:

RockWell 6s US Tour
-chaturvedi11
-gvw755
-Hoya Key
-DCRIII
-Head-shaver
-bobmsp
-your name here-
Good enough to get it started. Since @chaturvedi11 was first, we will start there. As stated in the beginning. If you want to get in on the tour, and you meet the qualifications above, don't hesitate to reach out to me here or through PM and I will get your name added on the list.

I'm not in, because I have one. But I applaud your generosity in setting it up and encourage folks to take advantage. I love my Rockwell 6s. (Base plate 4 or 5 thank you).

Update:

RockWell 6s US Tour
-chaturvedi11
-gvw755
-Hoya Key
-DCRIII
-Head-shaver
-bobmsp
-gwsmallwood

Quick note Gents. The razor, plates and a small blade assortment are all that's included in the pass-around box. I was asked from a member if they can donate a particular item(s) such as blades into the box. By all means if you want to throw something in there and it does not make the packaging any bigger or more expensive for others to ship, I have no problem with it. Just be mindful that I would like to keep the shipping price at a manageable price point for all to afford. Blades, a small soap sample or creams should be no problem at all. Thanks.

Love my 6s. Best shave ever and efficient, but not aggressive, shave from 3 through 6. Never tried 1 and 2.
Anyone considering this should jump in.

Top Bottom