What's new

The Passaround Box, Third Attempt

Regional shipping box works for me too.

Don't wanna sound like a dolt - but what's regional shipping?

EDIT TO ADD: Also, I know that the general rule is that we take about $30ish worth of stuff, and replace with $30ish worth of stuff. What if we wanted to take, say $60ish worth of stuff and replace with $60ish (or even a little more :biggrin1:) worth of stuff? Is it ok as long as we're contributing items of equal or greater value, or are we trying to stick with a certain dollar amount/range?

Last edited:
Choice of shipping method is fine with me.. actually as a noob just being able to participate on something like this is a win win.. whatever the cost off shipping it's still a lot cheaper then buying all the items on the box just to try them out...

Choice of shipping method is fine with me.. actually as a noob just being able to participate on something like this is a win win.. whatever the cost off shipping it's still a lot cheaper then buying all the items on the box just to try them out...

Precisely; who cares what it costs?!? Any way one slices it, it's a substantial win - and fun. :)

So am I to understand that we can try out any of the items in the box and take out what we want as long as we put the same amount back in? I guess I'm questioning the "trying it out" and returning it to the box.

To my knowledge this pass around box is NOT a try it all out and put it back in type of thing..........
you might try reading the pass around box second attempt thread ran by a lot of the same guys.

There is a box- THE box- filled with (mostly) shaving goodies. This box is sent from one participant to the next, each person taking out a few items and putting in a few items. It is hoped that outgoing and incoming will be of similar value. A list will be established once we reach 30 participants or so- and I(I guess I'm "it" at this point!) will ask everyone for their info including a phone number an email. A list of the order will be published here. Each participant will be asked to contact the next person on the list for his info in order to send him the box. I will keep the master list with all the info, and ask that a couple other people also keep said list just in case....!) If all goes well- as things are on the 2nd attempt, it should be simple and fun and rewarding for all those involved!

Yes.. Reading back this box is not a try and put back but a take and replace.. In that case ill act accordingly once I get the box :)

OK- at the risk of
proxy.php
:

The box is meant to allow people to try/take out items that interest them. Certainly, if there is a bottle of A/S or cologne- you can try it, and if you don't like it, put it back in the box. However, for the most part the box is supposed to have an ever-changing list of ingredients- take something out, put something in. The value really doesn't matter, other than we don't think it would be right to take out a $300 straight and put in a 2oz decant of whatever and call it even! I really don't think anybody here would do that, but perhaps spelling things out in black and white will clarify and amplify the
proxy.php

Also, by sending me a picture of what you put in, and posting here what you took out, I/we will be able to monitor the exchange and make sure no hanky-panky occurs. Again, I, for one, don't foresee any problems, but none were foreseen in the first go-round, either, and that box remains MIA. I certainly don't want/mean to cast aspersions on anyone, and I hope you all understand this post is just to try and answer/clarify doubts and questions about this pass around.

My thinking is that each person have a couple three days to go through the stuff, and then send the box on its merry way. So, figure about a week( with transit time) between participants. I look forward to seeing the box again around World Series time.

JayEddie had to withdraw, here is the list:

Beerman
mraysburg90
Plan80
Hinano_Paul
Rorysstrat
Salgy
pyro
twitch182
DonInKansas
euphoric85
PGHChris
Bushhippi
mikegray
Austinantihipster
Corsair66
CloseEnough
Jadehawk
SyntheticEvil13
riFph
mrlandpirate
archimedes5044
SielntTuba
bbarton713
Jzuzphreek
HeadRigger
AndroiDad75
BubblesTGB
hotreds

Any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me or post them here. Thanks, everybody!

OK- at the risk of
proxy.php
:

The box is meant to allow people to try/take out items that interest them. Certainly, if there is a bottle of A/S or cologne- you can try it, and if you don't like it, put it back in the box. However, for the most part the box is supposed to have an ever-changing list of ingredients- take something out, put something in. The value really doesn't matter, other than we don't think it would be right to take out a $300 straight and put in a 2oz decant of whatever and call it even! I really don't think anybody here would do that, but perhaps spelling things out in black and white will clarify and amplify the
proxy.php

Also, by sending me a picture of what you put in, and posting here what you took out, I/we will be able to monitor the exchange and make sure no hanky-panky occurs. Again, I, for one, don't foresee any problems, but none were foreseen in the first go-round, either, and that box remains MIA. I certainly don't want/mean to cast aspersions on anyone, and I hope you all understand this post is just to try and answer/clarify doubts and questions about this pass around.

My thinking is that each person have a couple three days to go through the stuff, and then send the box on its merry way. So, figure about a week( with transit time) between participants. I look forward to seeing the box again around World Series time.

JayEddie had to withdraw, here is the list:

Beerman
mraysburg90
Plan80
Hinano_Paul
Rorysstrat
Salgy
pyro
twitch182
DonInKansas
euphoric85
PGHChris
Bushhippi
mikegray
Austinantihipster
Corsair66
CloseEnough
Jadehawk
SyntheticEvil13
riFph
mrlandpirate
archimedes5044
SielntTuba
bbarton713
Jzuzphreek
HeadRigger
AndroiDad75
BubblesTGB
hotreds

Any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me or post them here. Thanks, everybody!

Thanks for all the good information and help brother.

The best advice I can give is that if you're not sure about something...ASK...before assuming.

Post your question in the thread, there are still a few of us sticking around from previous rounds and we will be glad to help. Or PM Hotreds directly, he is the final word on this pass.

If you're interested in the history of the box you're now joining, here is where it started:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...ke-a-Couple-Leave-a-FEW-box-of-passaround-fun

here is the restart after the box went MIA:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...d-Attempt-(Previous-list-members-only-please)

I would also recommend that you SUBSCRIBE to this thread. I personally get daily email updates. This is your box now too and you should be involved.

By all means, HAVE FUN! That's what all this was about to begin with!

Top Bottom