What's new

The new tallow-free Haslinger Schafmilch: just as amazing!

So I know this is a few months behind this thread. I recently purchased some Haslinger Schafmilch. From what I read this is the new formula Tallow free and a confirm that buy the ingredients on the puck. I thought it would actually have better post-shave feel. So I'm wondering was the old one a better post-shave, the old formula with tallow? Then again I've been using some Whollykaw, so that's probably not a fair Baseline to make an assessment from. This stuff is very slick good residual slickness too IMO.

So I know this is a few months behind this thread. I recently purchased some Haslinger Schafmilch. From what I read this is the new formula Tallow free and a confirm that buy the ingredients on the puck. I thought it would actually have better post-shave feel. So I'm wondering was the old one a better post-shave, the old formula with tallow? Then again I've been using some Whollykaw, so that's probably not a fair Baseline to make an assessment from. This stuff is very slick good residual slickness too IMO.

WhollyKaw is superior to the new Haslinger Schafmilch in every way.

WhollyKaw is superior to the new Haslinger Schafmilch in every way.
Interesting, vegan or tallow version ?
There is one thing that I appreciate (not the only one) with Haslinger soaps, they are all perfectly accepted by my skin: no irritation, heating or tingling, which is far from the case for a lot of others: Martin de Candre, Stirling,Henri et Victoria,etc
So, until proven otherwise, Haslinger remains my favorite brand.
I'm going to buy Wholly kaw samples to eventually change my mind :001_smile
(Wolly Kaw sample 3.70$ at Maggards, Haslinger puck 4.5$ at Dambiro.de :001_rolle)

There is one thing that I appreciate (not the only one) with Haslinger soaps, they are all perfectly accepted by my skin: no irritation, heating or tingling, which is far from the case for a lot of others: Martin de Candre, Stirling,Henri et Victoria,etc
I'm going to buy Wholly kaw samples to eventually change my mind :001_smile
(Wolly Kaw sample 3.70$ at Maggards, Haslinger puck 4.5$ at Dambiro.de :001_rolle)

Vegan is a step below Wholly Kaw. Tallow is unavailable.

Same here, though I suspect it's the excessive fragrances or essential oils that irritate my skin rather than the tallow (I'm no expert, though). I like the vegan Haslinger soaps, which are nice and mild, as well as Proraso white, though that probably isn't quite as good as Haslinger. I use vegan bath soap, too. I do like the lack of oily residue of the vegan soaps. The mildest Haslinger I've tried is the sage variety, it's very good.

Same here, though I suspect it's the excessive fragrances or essential oils that irritate my skin rather than the tallow (I'm no expert, though)
As far as I'm concerned, there is no doubt.
Most of the time, these are the flagrances or the essential oils (especially the essential oils, much more allergenizing than the synthetic flagrances) which pose problem

I bought quite a few from Maggard's when the announcement was first made.

As did I. Probably 3 dozen pucks, maybe more. I just wiped them out of stock of the tallow. I'll never have to wonder if the new base is as good as the old. They're all in vacuum sealed bags waiting for their turn.

While I never tried the Tallow based one, the new is pretty great. I use that one and Aloe Haslinger. There is another thread where others have discussed differences, the consensus seems to be only a slight difference. Some reviewers indicate the tallow was a bit thicker, some see no difference between them.
Haslinger is a great company and I doubt they would remove the tallow if it would create an inferior product.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
While I never tried the Tallow based one, the new is pretty great. I use that one and Aloe Haslinger.

I agree with this. I'm just working through a sample of Schafmilch, and specifically picked a veg sample rather than tallow, and it's a very good shaving soap.

As did I. Probably 3 dozen pucks, maybe more. I just wiped them out of stock of the tallow. I'll never have to wonder if the new base is as good as the old. They're all in vacuum sealed bags waiting for their turn.

3 Dozen? and here I thought I bought enough with my 9 pucks!

Can't blame you, they are good stuff.

While I never tried the Tallow based one, the new is pretty great. I use that one and Aloe Haslinger. There is another thread where others have discussed differences, the consensus seems to be only a slight difference. Some reviewers indicate the tallow was a bit thicker, some see no difference between them.
Haslinger is a great company and I doubt they would remove the tallow if it would create an inferior product.

I think they removed the tallow based on some of the owners ethical beliefs, not because they believe the new formula is an improvement over the old. That's admirable. I'm sure the new base is great.

proxy.php

I love my Haslinger Schafmilch tallow version, bring back the tallow version......

Top Bottom