What's new

The Knights of the Veg Table - An Honor Roll Call for the Chosen

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Ravennnnnnn!
giphy (9).gif

i think i may be chosen. no plans to PIF, or giveaway the initial punch is what scared me, it is the lingering nose that's a keeper! while i'm not sure i'm in love the scent. i have been experimenting for the last month, and will continue to "experiment"....

Raven Koenes

My precious!
i think i may be chosen. no plans to PIF, or giveaway the initial punch is what scared me, it is the lingering nose that's a keeper! while i'm not sure i'm in love the scent. i have been experimenting for the last month, and will continue to "experiment"....

To plagiarize my friend Jim, I know something you probably suspect lol!

upload_2019-3-8_22-56-55.png

Just wait until you look forward to that initial punch at the end of your shave. :001_smile

I have been doing some work at my father in law's welding shop. I believe that tomorrow I will show those fools what the Veg is.

I'd like to get in on this if I may. I am definitely chosen and quite enjoy the scent of The Veg. I think it's the longest lasting scent Pinuad Clubman makes.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'd like to get in on this if I may. I am definitely chosen and quite enjoy the scent of The Veg. I think it's the longest lasting scent Pinuad Clubman makes.
Welcome Sir Brian to the Noble Order of the Knights of the Veg...Table! :w00t:

Just remember:

:001_tt1: The Veg doesn't glow it illuminates! :001_tt1:

003_1_20.jpg

About to proceed with the Veg this morning, after several years in hiding from the Veg in the VPP (Vegeness Protection Program), I humbly resubmit my application. I'll report back if I make it through. Circa 2014:

My replacement bottle of Veg arrived today, and to my relief did not contain cat pee. It contained, as far as I could tell, my great grandmother's parlor. Perhaps with my great grandmother in it. As I opened the bottle, being plastic, a small fountaining effect occurred. So my hands now smell like great Gramma. And my shoes. And my office. For those of you who have read The Miller's Tale, those ablutions failed. Soap will not remove it. Alcohol will not remove it. It cannot be reasoned with, it cannot be intimidated, it cannot be concealed. I received my Geo. F. Trumper's Eucris EDT in the same package, so I sprinkled some of that on. Human speech cannot describe the resulting olfactory cacophony; the Veg brooks no rivals. The Veg is definitely a scent from the Romantic Era, when parfum was developed to carpet-bomb every other sensory input within a kilometer radius, to cover and completely mask blood, urine, feces, gunsmoke, wood smoke, horse sweat and hog entrails. It is the honey badger of scents. It is not to be trifled with. So I may have been chosen, but not in a good way. It's the scary squirrel that sidles up to you in the park and won't leave. It's the peculiar shadow on the wood-paneled wall you just noticed, that wasn't there a minute ago. It's the creak in the floor downstairs you've never heard before in the wee hours. Beware the Veg.

two big splashes this morning about 6:30 on head and torso. Just a light floral at 11:30, maybe a splash of water in an hour to revive it a bit. Such a great, comfortable scent.

About to proceed with the Veg this morning, after several years in hiding from the Veg in the VPP (Vegeness Protection Program), I humbly resubmit my application. I'll report back if I make it through. Circa 2014:

My replacement bottle of Veg arrived today, and to my relief did not contain cat pee. It contained, as far as I could tell, my great grandmother's parlor. Perhaps with my great grandmother in it. As I opened the bottle, being plastic, a small fountaining effect occurred. So my hands now smell like great Gramma. And my shoes. And my office. For those of you who have read The Miller's Tale, those ablutions failed. Soap will not remove it. Alcohol will not remove it. It cannot be reasoned with, it cannot be intimidated, it cannot be concealed. I received my Geo. F. Trumper's Eucris EDT in the same package, so I sprinkled some of that on. Human speech cannot describe the resulting olfactory cacophony; the Veg brooks no rivals. The Veg is definitely a scent from the Romantic Era, when parfum was developed to carpet-bomb every other sensory input within a kilometer radius, to cover and completely mask blood, urine, feces, gunsmoke, wood smoke, horse sweat and hog entrails. It is the honey badger of scents. It is not to be trifled with. So I may have been chosen, but not in a good way. It's the scary squirrel that sidles up to you in the park and won't leave. It's the peculiar shadow on the wood-paneled wall you just noticed, that wasn't there a minute ago. It's the creak in the floor downstairs you've never heard before in the wee hours. Beware the Veg.

To my not inconsiderable surprise, all is well. I bathed in the Veg, just to ensure maximum contact - victory or death! And - just a light, floral Spring scent, vaguely reminiscent of lilacs. Here's my theory- incubating in its plastic bottle for five years in the dark, the Veg has transformed, not unlike fine wine or sherry. In fact, my next experiment will be using the solera system, like aging sherry in increments adding aged wine to new, by using this batch to add to greener Veg, to see if I can duplicate this miracle, keeping a rotation on the shelf. I have Chosen the Veg.....

Top Bottom