What's new

The Veg: Roll call

Joined the club today. Goes on like urine then devolves into a funeral home smell; reminds me of death. An hour later it has a slight sourish pickle juice smell.

I have 12 ozs of it so I’ll push on through. I’ll put it in a glass bottle as soon as one becomes available.

Perfect.

Since I posted this, "long ago", two things have happened:

I decanted the new stuff to a glass bottle and forgot about it. I'm going to dig it out from the darkness in the bath vanity and give it a whiff.

I also found a half-full glass bottle of the stuff on ebay, that I bought for the bottle. I hesitate to call it vintage but it is much older and it does smell a bit different than (though much the same as) the new stuff. I'm going to stop short of saying "better".

My plan is to give each another shot, though my expectations remain low.

I tried the Clubman last year and it wasn't at all for me.... pretty much was EdUrinal Cake to me.
I acquired a bottle of Masters' Lilac Vegetol that I've been waiting for a nice warm spring day to actually try it ... I did the sniff test back when it arrived and seemed pretty pleasant. We shall see....

I tried the Clubman last year and it wasn't at all for me.... pretty much was EdUrinal Cake to me.
I acquired a bottle of Masters' Lilac Vegetol that I've been waiting for a nice warm spring day to actually try it ... I did the sniff test back when it arrived and seemed pretty pleasant. We shall see....
I found masters to be a less complex scent. Very nice, but a lot less character

I did not like lilac Vegetal either. I gave it away.

Lately, I have not really liked Pinaud anymore. It keeps its spot in my half of the medicine cabinet. It will continue to until I have something else that goes in that spot. If I cede any land… my wife will move into it.

Top Bottom