What's new

The Knights of the Veg Table - An Honor Roll Call for the Chosen

After several months in the back of my cupboard, I brought out my old friend again today. Lilac Vegetal is hard to describe but I sure like how it feels and smells. It's going back into my daily routine for a while.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
After several months in the back of my cupboard, I brought out my old friend again today. Lilac Vegetal is hard to describe but I sure like how it feels and smells. It's going back into my daily routine for a while.

It smells terrible, but I like it so much. I suppose the scent changes from bottle to skin and air, or something. It really is hard to describe and an amazing splash. Today is a good day for Lilac Vegetal.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Hi,

I have tried the Veg. And I'm among the chosen. Perhaps it's because I used Clubman and the Special Reserve for years.

My 3 hunting dogs and my Wife all like it, so I will keep rocking the Veg til the day I depart this mortal coil.

Hi,

I have tried the Veg. And I'm among the chosen. Perhaps it's because I used Clubman and the Special Reserve for years.

My 3 hunting dogs and my Wife all like it, so I will keep rocking the Veg til the day I depart this mortal coil.

Welcome to the Order, Sir Knight of the Veg Table!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I broke the seal on the Pinaud Lilac Vegetal and smelled it for a good minute. Bear in mind I have not used it yet. It is supposed to be applied and dry before you get the true effect, and then you know if it has chosen you into olfactory Nirvana or not. It either tones down very pleasantly into a floral powdery barbershop scent or you are cursed with essence of cat urine until it wears off I have heard.

I have read that when smelling it wet from the bottle people have immediately gagged and poured it down the sink to get rid of it. I've also heard people say it smelled like rotting cabbage and lettuce.

Upon opening it I found it rather pleasant upon first whiff. It smelled of Lilacs. The second whiff it seemed just a tad off but still of the same floral nature. The third whiff I can only describe as the time my brother peed into my toy plastic Army Helmet. He then dumped the excess pee out and let it dry in the sun, so I wouldn't know he did that. The next time I played Army I kept getting this strange smell of a cross between pee and plastic. Anyway, I kept getting a reminiscent hint of that scent with the smell of Lilacs. The weird part is that even then it was funky but over all not unpleasant...just weird.

If it does dry out into the scent of Lilacs and fresh powder I will truly love this stuff. Lilacs in bloom are one of my favorite scents. Well, there it is. My first shave report using The Veg will be on Monday and the final tell all.
0003_50.jpg

@Raven Koenes
Decant it into a glass bottle so it can cure until Monday.
That will make a difference in your experience.
BTW, is that a Maltese Crow in the picture?
Never seen one of those before.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD :001_wub::
Razor: Fatip Piccolo Special Edition
Blade: Silver Star (7)
Brush: APShaveco Silksmoke
Soap: SV Manna di Sicilia
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman :001_tt1:
010_50.jpg

Today was my first day using Pinaud Lilac Vegetal ever. It was delivered on Friday, and I tried it for the first time today. I decided not to spritz my wrist with this most polarizing of scents to see if I was Veg chosen. Instead I decided to go for it applying it liberally after my shave, win or lose, with no chance of a do over. At first splash, I must admit I had an oh, oh, moment thinking what have I done? Within ten to fifteen anxious minutes the Veg had settled down quite nicely. I love this stuff. Pinaud Lilac Vegetal rules! :punk: I went online and ordered two more bottles so I don't run out. :001_tt1:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
View attachment 961559
Today was my first day using Pinaud Lilac Vegetal ever. It was delivered on Friday, and I tried it for the first time today. I decided not to spritz my wrist with this most polarizing of scents to see if I was Veg chosen. Instead I decided to go for it applying it liberally after my shave, win or lose, with no chance of a do over. At first splash, I must admit I had an oh, oh, moment thinking what have I done? Within ten to fifteen anxious minutes the Veg had settled down quite nicely. I love this stuff. Pinaud Lilac Vegetal rules! :punk: I went online and ordered two more bottles so I don't run out. :001_tt1:

BOSC.2.Anything worth doing....jpg

View attachment 961559
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Ravennnnnnn!

Top Bottom