What's new

The Knights of the Veg Table - An Honor Roll Call for the Chosen

But has she chosen you? Decant into glass for a smooth, even scent. This mellowing seems to be expedited by glass. Remember:
proxy.php

I dove into The Veg this morning before bed after my shave and then again this evening before work. It was a double dip Veg day.

proxy.php

AoM;Knight of the Veg Table;B.O.S.S.;MFR2019

Since I was recently mentioned as a member here while singing praises of The Veg, I have decided to join the brotherhood so as to not be flying under false colors. Lady Whiterook has also been chosen. Seriously, this is great juice and I love the history.

Since February is the dead of winter, and the Veg reminds me of spring so much, I am going on a Veg only February. A Vegruary for 2020. Anyone else up for it?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Somehow I missed this thread and never posted.

I am definitely chosen, as is my wife (The Veg is one of the aftershaves she really likes on me), and proudly defend The Honor of The Veg!

Remember, Love The Veg and The Veg will Love You!

:)

This is what got me into B&B. The first time I tried a lilac veg scent,my girlfriend at the time got some masters for me. When I smelled it out of the bottle, I didn’t really like it much.
About a year later, I was out of a/s & all I had was the lilac veg. So, I put it on,and after wearing it for a while I really liked it. So when I first got clubman veg I liked it right out of the bottle. Now,clubman veg is one of my favorites, and out of all my a/s the veg gets more
Compliments than any other. By far. My mother likes it, my aunts and cousins like it
My girlfriends like it. I’ve never met anyone who said they didn’t like it. I’ve even
Let a few of my friends wear it and they liked it and people liked it on them.
I let my cousin wear it one day, and he said people were telling him how good he melled
All day. And the funny thing is,I don’t find it to be that strong. It basically just smells faintly of
Clubman talc. And when I wear it, like all my a/s, I double dip. So when I hear people say
it smells like cat pee, I mean come on, really. ‘I put a dab on my hand and it stunk up my house?’ Whatever. I double dose and 35 minutes later you get a faint talc smell.
So what’s up with these people? Is it one of those on line chuck norris deals,where
everybody just repeats what they heard another person say? I don’t get it?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thank you dear Sir for your warm welcome. I am humbled at becoming a Knight of the Veg Table! Henceforth, I will endeavour from this day forward to uphold the honor and good name of this august institution.

Welcome, Sir @Tedolph :)

I wear The Veg often and in a variety of settings. It ALWAYS gets complemented, especially by my Bride and other ladies (doctor's office, dentist's office, my office, restaurants, store checkout lines, etc. - yes, even in theses times of "social distancing"). I encounter during the course of my day. :)

Really great scent, face feel, etc. :)

I haven't done a Veg shave in a while. I'm in a new office and I wonder what their impression would be? I also picked up some Master's brand Vegetal (or vegetol). It seems a bit lighter, less complex, but I have to try it.

Having heard so much HATE for The Veg over the years... eventually I HAD to try it.

I did the same with Arko in December 2016. The stench of Arko nearly killed me... but I managed one shave with it. Apart from the stench the shave was fine. I immediately sealed the stick post-shave... but I do give it an annual visit, just to check. Every visit has confirmed my Arko hate, and the stench hasn't subdued any over the years.

Many people seem to love Arko followed by The Veg; so I wasn't in the least interested, until (well, we all know that curiosity killed the cat) I just gave in to my thirst for knowledge.

On receipt, followed by first sniff, followed by a little on a pulse point sniffed half an hour later... I was shocked to be intrigued. :eek6:
After first use I decided it was unusual but inoffensive. After second use, two shaves later, I wondered if the scent would "grow on me." This evening (two weeks after first receipt) I simply had to have The Veg, and loved it!

SOTD
SOTD-WR2-B_2021-03-11.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 head on a "Worlds Finest" handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (10)
ASL: Lilac Vegetal

Or TL;DR = I'm in! :cornut:

Top Bottom