What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

Continuing to really enjoy single edge injector shaving. Since I began traditional wet shaving, I never once considered Injector razors, until a few weeks ago. I have to wonder why double edge shaving over-took injector shaving.

Anyway, the last few days, I really enjoyed the Supply Provision injector, along with my newly acquired vintage Schick "I-2" [Thanks Tylehman], and my NOS Schick Twin Injector with the twin blades. Also, thanks to garyg and rudyt for help in deciding on a Type E. It's in route. This would then give me of the vintage Schicks: E, G, I, J [pending] L and L Twin, and M [Adjustable]. It's been awhile since I picked up a DE. Never would have predicted this at all!

Last edited:
First use of a PAL adjustable that I picked up last week. I ordered some Ted Pella Injector blades from Maggard Razors and had to wait 'till they got delivered. Lathered up some of Mike's Natural Lime using a Certifyd #5 brush that I got at the same store as the PAL. Started out on the third setting then backed it down one for the 2nd pass and touch up. Which almost turned into a third pass. Nicest shave that I have gotten with an injector. The other times were with a Schick G-1 with Chinese Schick blades. I'll have to try these blades in the G-1 to find out if the problem was the razor or the blade.
IMG_20170415_132351499.jpg IMG_20170415_132416783_HDR.jpg

I thought I would resurrect this thread with a question, not about Injector Razors, per se, but about the blades. Specifically, has anyone here tried the Japanese Schick Injector I (single edge) blade? I have the Injector II (twin blade) and they are fantastic. I was wondering how the Japanese Injector I blades compare with the Chinese Schick (Chick) blades.

I thought I would resurrect this thread with a question, not about Injector Razors, per se, but about the blades. Specifically, has anyone here tried the Japanese Schick Injector I (single edge) blade? I have the Injector II (twin blade) and they are fantastic. I was wondering how the Japanese Injector I blades compare with the Chinese Schick (Chick) blades.

I've tried the Schick I blades, and they are excellent. However, I don't think they are any better than the Chicks. In fact, I have read speculation that they might even be Chicks that are re-branded for the Japanese market. I don't know if that is true, but the Japanese certainly charge more for them. I'm pretty sure that the Schick IIs are Japanese.

I guess this is the thread to post but I got my soon to be wife a Lady Eversharp for her birthday in 2 weeks. I really hope she enjoys it. Pink handle, Gold head still has the original instructions!. I am amazed with how long they are then it makes sense as they have more square footage to shave.
Also a really cool feature I wish the male injectors had was the lift bar for easy cleaning. Why didn't they put them on the male variants is beyond me. I can post pictures if there is interest. Plus I kind of want to know the date it was made. :)

I guess this is the thread to post but I got my soon to be wife a Lady Eversharp for her birthday in 2 weeks. I really hope she enjoys it. Pink handle, Gold head still has the original instructions!. I am amazed with how long they are then it makes sense as they have more square footage to shave.
Also a really cool feature I wish the male injectors had was the lift bar for easy cleaning. Why didn't they put them on the male variants is beyond me. I can post pictures if there is interest. Plus I kind of want to know the date it was made. :)
The Type I-2 (a Hydro Magic) has this feature...I have 2 of them -- great shavers, and the easy-cleaning feature is neat. However, I don't believe it makes a difference in cleaning, but, as a recovering engineer, I like the gadgetry.

Actually, as Shiloh says, the I2 Type has that feature, as does the J3 and J4 and all of the Ks. Personally, I don't find it at all necessary and don't bother to use that feature. Rinsing under warm or hot tap water keeps it plenty clean between blade changes, and the act of changing the blade completely scours out any grunge that might be left. Evidently, most men didn't bother to buy the razors specifically for that feature, as demonstrated by the fact that Eversharp didn't continue to manufacture it. For more information about Schick Injector razors, see

RENALDO.US - Schick Injector razor history and Colonel Jacob Schick

Actually, as Shiloh says, the I2 Type has that feature, as does the J3 and J4 and all of the Ks. Personally, I don't find it at all necessary and don't bother to use that feature. Rinsing under warm or hot tap water keeps it plenty clean between blade changes, and the act of changing the blade completely scours out any grunge that might be left. Evidently, most men didn't bother to buy the razors specifically for that feature, as demonstrated by the fact that Eversharp didn't continue to manufacture it. For more information about Schick Injector razors, see

RENALDO.US - Schick Injector razor history and Colonel Jacob Schick

Well you sir are a historian. Nice history lesson I will read this ASAP. I only have one injector and it is an E-2 and I have been meaning to get more but I was told they are all basically the same and the E-2 was the most aggressive of the bunch.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
You need to get them all. The hunt is part of the fun. And especially since most injectors are quite inexpensive. And I do find they all shave a bit differently.

I only have one injector and it is an E-2 and I have been meaning to get more but I was told they are all basically the same and the E-2 was the most aggressive of the bunch.

eBay has a Pal adjustable for sale for under 13.00. What should I know about this razor. Are they worth buying? Do they shave much different than my Schick J1? I kind of like different from the run of the mill stuff but I still want good function.

eBay has a Pal adjustable for sale for under 13.00. What should I know about this razor. Are they worth buying? Do they shave much different than my Schick J1? I kind of like different from the run of the mill stuff but I still want good function.
People either like them or really don't. I think they look very cool, and they work well for me. They have a very modern look. The shaving angle changes a little as you adjust them because of how it moves the base plate moves out as you lower the aggression... But I like mine a lot.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

I have completed 60 shaves with a Schick N-1 and Japanese Schick Injector II twin blade. This morning I reverted back to my Schick E-2 and Schick (Chick) blade to do a comparison. the Chick blade had approximately 7 prior shaves, but it should be reasonably sharp as I average about 25-30 shaves with this set-up.
I found the E-2 shave to be a little harsher than that with the N and twin blade combo. It did not feel quite as smooth as the N/Twin. My prep was the same using the same soap, brush, etc. I was really surprised. to me, at least, the N-1/Twin blade combo, even after 60 shaves felt far better than the E/Chic combo with approximately 7 shaves. Also I have a fairly sensitive neck; I noticed that with the E, I had more noticeable irritation than I ever had with the N/twin-blade. Mind you, the shave with the E was a comfortable shave. It is just that the N/Twin-blade shave was just so much better. Of course shaving is so very much a YMMV thing.
Tomorrow I may try an I type with a chick blade.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
@Jimsr Id love to hear a comparison of the two razors with the same Chick blade selection. Is the N-1 much smoother due to the blade? Razor? Or a little of both. Id say its a little of both. But how much does the twin blade weigh into the equation? Id also be interested to know your take on the N-1 with a Chick versus the twin blade as well. I dont have an N type. But I have plenty of L types which are similar. Now you have given my RAD for an N type. :)

@Jimsr Id love to hear a comparison of the two razors with the same Chick blade selection. Is the N-1 much smoother due to the blade? Razor? Or a little of both. Id say its a little of both. But how much does the twin blade weigh into the equation? Id also be interested to know your take on the N-1 with a Chick versus the twin blade as well. I dont have an N type. But I have plenty of L types which are similar. Now you have given my RAD for an N type. :)

I do believe that it's a combination. I've tried the N type with a chick blade and found that it provided a very mild shave that took a lot of work so comparing that with an E type, the E was a much better shave. The N type and Japanese Injector II twin blade provides to me at least the nicest shave I've ever had. It's extremely smooth, sharp, and gives, me at least, a comfortable, nick-free, irritation-free smooth shave with very little effort. Yes, the blades are a bit pricey upfront, but at 60 plus shaves per blade, the cost is fairly reasonable.
I should note the B&B mantra, "YMMV" here. I'll be 73 in a few months. Although I don't have a heavy beard, it's on the light side of medium, it is rather coarse. My better half of 45 years prefers that I shave daily. I've really found that this combination of N type and Japanese Injector II Twin blade provides the best shaves I've ever had.
I have heard from elsewhere on this site that the Japanese Injector II will work in an L type. If you don't want to buy an N, why not try one in your L?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Thanks for the info! My problem is that the twin blades are upwards of $29 for a 10 pack. I cant fathom paying $3 a blade when I get a fantastic DE blade for 10 cents. Even the Chick blades cost me about 65 cents a blade, which is a bit high. If you have a more cost effective source for the twins, I am all ears.

Regarding getting an N Type injector... its not a matter of really needing one... I do have a number of L-Types, and most of the other types too. Its a matter of realizing there is a razor I dont have, and now I need to find one! :)

I've really found that this combination of N type and Japanese Injector II Twin blade provides the best shaves I've ever had.
I have heard from elsewhere on this site that the Japanese Injector II will work in an L type. If you don't want to buy an N, why not try one in your L?

I do believe that it's a combination. I've tried the N type with a chick blade and found that it provided a very mild shave that took a lot of work so comparing that with an E type, the E was a much better shave. The N type and Japanese Injector II twin blade provides to me at least the nicest shave I've ever had. It's extremely smooth, sharp, and gives, me at least, a comfortable, nick-free, irritation-free smooth shave with very little effort. Yes, the blades are a bit pricey upfront, but at 60 plus shaves per blade, the cost is fairly reasonable.

Except for the razor (mine are a Type O and Type O clone), your experience exactly corresponds with mine.

Thanks for the info! My problem is that the twin blades are upwards of $29 for a 10 pack. I cant fathom paying $3 a blade when I get a fantastic DE blade for 10 cents. Even the Chick blades cost me about 65 cents a blade, which is a bit high. If you have a more cost effective source for the twins, I am all ears.

Regarding getting an N Type injector... its not a matter of really needing one... I do have a number of L-Types, and most of the other types too. Its a matter of realizing there is a razor I dont have, and now I need to find one! :)

BradWorld, I was on that large aution site about four days ago, looking at Injector blade prices. I had to really scroll a long way down until I found the Japanese Injector II twin blades for $21.10 for 10 blades. About a month ago the price was $31.00 or so. There appears that there is quite a price fluctuation in these blades. $3.00 a blade is steep, but at $2 per blade for 60 very comfortable shaves it is $0.035/ shave. That's reasonable to me. At this rate, 10 blades would last 20 months.

When I first searched for the twin blades, I only found one on Ebay for $32.92. But when I put "schick injector II" into the search directly on Ebay, I got 3 Japanese results, and the other two (all 10 packs) were right around $23 delivered. Here's the page for one of them:

Schick Razor Blade Refill Injector II 10P New Japan | eBay

...note that while it says 30.96 in bold for price, that's translated to $23.04 delivered, in US dollars (in small letters). Sort of the opposite of the way finer print usually works.

Top Bottom