What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

Well, I retired the above combination.
Today was shave #1 with O type clone from eBarbershop. The razor was loaded with a Japanese Schick Twin blade. The shave was quite nice and comfortable. Interesting though it felt, initially, more aggressive than my N type but seemed to smooth out and become milder as the shave progressed. The razor itself is quite nice. The workmanship of the razor appears to be top notch. It is heavier than my N type by about 0.30 ounce. It's very comfortable in the hand. And overall a very nice shave. I wonder if the reason it felt more aggressive was due to the blade.

Has anybody compared a Schick injector with the supply provision injector? If so how does the shave compare as to smoothness, closeness, and comfort?

Thank for your review.

For those perceptive gentlemen who use later model Schick Injectors which can accept the Japanese Schick II twin blades, the blades are available for $15 per tuck of 10. That price is at least $10 less than, and about half of what some sellers ask, on eBay. If you select JP Post Small Packet shipping, the shipping charges run about $2 to the US from Japan--but can take up to six weeks to arrive.

I recently got 51 shaves from one blade, and @Jimsr got 65 shaves, so $1.50 per blade brings the cost down into the DE blade range per shave.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/saikatu/item/10008896/

Enjoy!

For those perceptive gentlemen who use later model Schick Injectors which can accept the Japanese Schick II twin blades, the blades are available for $15 per tuck of 10. That price is at least $10 less than, and about half of what some sellers ask, on eBay. If you select JP Post Small Packet shipping, the shipping charges run about $2 to the US from Japan--but can take up to six weeks to arrive.

I recently got 51 shaves from one blade, and @Jimsr got 65 shaves, so $1.50 per blade brings the cost down into the DE blade range per shave.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/saikatu/item/10008896/

Enjoy!

The auto translation is hilarious

●Because it is two pieces of blades, it is soft on skin, and sled taste is refreshing.

Sounds yummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look what arrived today! A White British Personna.
Easily as aggressive as a Schick E and much much smoother.
Like the Maltese Falcon this is the stuff that dreams are made of:
IMG_8855.JPG
IMG_8857.JPG
IMG_8860.JPG

Question to you all.

Does anyone refill an empty key magazine with Schick b-20 blades?
Is it easy ?

Thanks guys.
I have 2 blades left in my Chick injector magazine. I have heard it is best to leave one original blade in the injector to make it easier to cross load new blades into it. I likely won't be trying to cross load the Proline B-20s for another month at least though, but have put blades back into other magazines. Pushing down the current blade to load the new one is the hardest part. A blank or similar piece of rigid metal works best, but it can be done with a thumbnail (just more difficult). As always with anything sharp, be careful not to slice up your hands.

It can be done.
I've reloaded blades back into the injector using a very round and un-sharp paperclip to push the blades down into the injector. And then load the new blades in from the front aka Key End with the slider all the way back.
It wasn't difficult and that's with me missing a fingertip (not from loading injectors!). :yikes:
So, if I can do it with 9.5 fingers, you guys with 10 fingers should be fine.

Thanks guys.

The reason I ask is multiple purpose. I never seen a Schick razor in person but on my shaving journey I am trying to convince my self into Shicks (and a shavette maybe) shaving. Nobody knows them in East Europe.

I can source via a friend, personna blades and schick b20 blades. That is why I asked if I can load them in a key magazine.

The last thing to do is that I should get an injector razor. I am thinking of a G type or PAL Injectomatic, based on posts I have read here.

Well, I have a very small budget and if someone feels like doing a sort of PiF and willing to ship it in Europe, please send me a PM.

Cheers!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've been looking for a good Schick Type E which opens. That is, one designed to open for cleaning.

upload_2018-2-26_11-7-40.png

Today, looking at my injector collection, I found one. I already had one, but I didn't know it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Has anybody compared a Schick injector with the supply provision injector? If so how does the shave compare as to smoothness, closeness, and comfort?

Thank for your review.
I never saw a response to this, and I realize it is aged a bit but I thought I'd respond as the Supply blades are my favorites. My understanding is they are made by Personna and my skin would seem to believe that. I have very good luck with Personna blades as all the variations I've tried in my DE has given me smooth comfortable shaves. I've got an L with Hydro lever, Personna and PAL adjustable injectors and the Supply blades feel great in each of them. I get about 15 shaves on a blade before I change them, but honestly could get a lot more if I made a tiny amount of effort toward that. Closeness is great and provides effortless 2 pass BBS for me. After about 15 shaves that effortless 2 pass BBS reduces to a DFS, so I change the blade. Comfort to me was above all other blades I tried. I've got several types of injector blades and the Supply feel the best . As always YMMV.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

??? Best place to source Japanese Schick injector II twin blades. Been wanting to try them in an L- type I got as part of a 2-fer auction site win some time ago. I have an L I use singles in and want to load twins in this one to give it a go. A year ago there seemed a glut of vintage II blades on the bay for cheap. Not so much any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bay is my preferred supplier of Japanese Schick II TWIN injector blades. With shipping the total comes out to around $26 or so. Took 11 days to arrive. Rakuten also has a possibility, but shipping can be a pain. Have to specifically request small packet shipping and hope the guy in Japan understands what you're asking. Took me five days of emailing back and forth until I finally threw up my hands and took one for about $10 shipping (~1000 yen) just so I could get my blades already. They arrived about a month later. Supposedly you can get the shipping down closer to 300 yen give or take, but I couldn't figure out the right English words to manage that.

Something a little different. DeHaven Diplomat, Schick Pro-line blade. More care required than using a standard injector razor but a very fine two pass BBS shave. Diplomat requires the @twhite adapter[emoji769].
proxy.php

Yesterday's shave, De Haven Model 3 (no adapter required, trimmed Kai Mild .

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom