What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

id like to ask a question thats puzzling me please about corrosion. ive got a few injectors, had em a few years, after using its a bit of a cursory wipe and store back in bathroom cupboard.
i was extolling the virtues of injectors to my wife and told her she could try one for her legs. i lent her my smoothest razor, the tennis racket grip and she did indeed agree it was smooth. ok, you keep that one, ill use my injecto-matic which is my favourite.
anyway, over the course of just a few weeks of her using it and leaving it on the side of the bath its corroded terribly!!
proxy.php

now surely razor blades cant go rusty?? it hasnt been treated any differently to any other razor ive ever used (nor her), bog standard cartridge razors never have this problem, so whats happening here?? is my razor now dead? :-/
im also thinking when i use mine, i never completely dry my blade, i wouldnt want to get towel fluff all over it, like i say its a cursory wipe. can anyone explain this to me please?

thanks
proxy.php
[/IMG]

Sadexpunk, perhaps it is not being rinsed thoroughly. I have one of the same blades in my Schick N-1 for 60 days no sign of corrosion. I just rinse thoroughly blow on it, give it a shake and place on a folded paper towel in the medicine cabinet. Perhaps if it's not given a good rinse, there is a soap film forming that causes that reaction.

On another issue, this morning, I compared Shaving with a Schick I and new Chick blade with my N-1 and 60 shave Japanese Schick Twin Blade.
It was very close. The major difference was that the twin still made a closer shave with less effort. Both were quite smooth, but the twin just felt better on my face and did a better job in the difficult areas on my neck where the hair grows every which way.

Sadexpunk, perhaps it is not being rinsed thoroughly. I have one of the same blades in my Schick N-1 for 60 days no sign of corrosion. I just rinse thoroughly blow on it, give it a shake and place on a folded paper towel in the medicine cabinet. Perhaps if it's not given a good rinse, there is a soap film forming that causes that reaction.
im sure youre right, it wont be being rinsed properly, my missus will pretty much shave with it then stick it back on the side, but i spose my point is, shes done that with every razor shes ever had before with no problem. im just amazed at what ive seen as id expect all blades to be rust proof.

thanks

Poor rinsing doesn't' rust razors. Poor rinsing causes dirty razors. Moisture in a perpetually damp bathroom, however, can rust a blade that is not stainless steel and it sometimes can challenge a stainless blade.

I presume your wife doesn't shave her legs daily. Why not replace the blade, clean the razor, and then keep it in a nearby dry room between uses?

thats exactly what ill attempt, thanks. its just amazement at this has actually happened as id never have thought that injector blades would be 'inferior' to say the cheap plastic disposables, where this never happens.

thanks again

Quick question, I have some vintage injector blades and it seems the oil they we're packed with has sort of "varnished" and I can't get the blade to slide out.

Any ideas on what solvent to try soaking them in that'll loosen things up but not damage the edge?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quick question, I have some vintage injector blades and it seems the oil they we're packed with has sort of "varnished" and I can't get the blade to slide out.

Any ideas on what solvent to try soaking them in that'll loosen things up but not damage the edge?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Try some WD-40. It is fish oil based and should not harm anything. Let it soak for a while though.

Try some WD-40. It is fish oil based and should not harm anything. Let it soak for a while though.

Actually WD40 isn't fish oil based it's mostky petroleum...

See here from the makers themselves. Apparently fish do like the stuff tho.
Fun WD-40 Facts - Read WD-40 Myths, Legends and More!

And it's why I would soak that razor in for a while and see it it frees thing up the ultra sonic bath with just dish washing liquid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modern Twins are stainless steel. How many shaves ?

This is very much s YMMV thing, as is most shaving. I purchased my first magazine of Japanese Shick Injector II's in March of this year. I'm still on my first blade. It was number 64. It is just now starting to show signs of possibly giving up. But the shaves are still very comfortable. From what I've read elsewhere 50-60+ shaves with this combo are not uncommon.

This is very much s YMMV thing, as is most shaving. I purchased my first magazine of Japanese Shick Injector II's in March of this year. I'm still on my first blade. It was number 64. It is just now starting to show signs of possibly giving up. But the shaves are still very comfortable. From what I've read elsewhere 50-60+ shaves with this combo are not uncommon.

Lots of love for twins in this house too. I initially thought they were a marketing gimmick but i really like the shave.

They are great in the Gillette injector razor actually or type O.

They also make the adjustable schick a great razor.

F.

Lots of love for twins in this house too. I initially thought they were a marketing gimmick but i really like the shave.

They are great in the Gillette injector razor actually or type O.

They also make the adjustable schick a great razor.

F.

I'm currently using my Twins in a Schick N - type, but I do have an O-type clone en route from e-Barbershop. It will be interesting to see how it shaves. Although with the N, the twin blade gives a very nice shave.

Ive completely lost track of how many shaves I have on the Chick (single) in my "66"... I'm sure it's at least 20 and on Sunday with enough time to relax and shave.. a BBS on 95%.. still cannot get just under the chin......
I've decided to 3017 the Williams in the Old Spice mug and I'll probably keep using the "66" and this blade until I have to stop.
I wish it would get rough and nasty so I can switch to one of my L Series and a Twin.. :rolleyes1:rolleyes5

I'm currently using my Twins in a Schick N - type, but I do have an O-type clone en route from e-Barbershop. It will be interesting to see how it shaves. Although with the N, the twin blade gives a very nice shave.
Guess what? My Ebarbershop O type clone arrived in today's mail. I may give it a try tomorrow with the Japanese schick twinblade.

Today was number 65 using mu Schick N-1 and Japanese Schick Injector II Twin Blade. It was still nice and smooth, but took a little longer and more work to get the sensitive areas on my neck. Also, I noticed that suddenly there was a lot more neck irritation. Still, at $0.0338 per shave it's not a bad deal for a very comfortable shave. Probably the best shave I've ever had. I think it's time to retire this blade.

Top Bottom