What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

THE Injector Razor Thread

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Contributor
Ambassador
Something a little different. DeHaven Diplomat, Schick Pro-line blade. More care required than using a standard injector razor but a very fine two pass BBS shave. Diplomat requires the @twhite adapter.

Yesterday's shave, De Haven Model 3 (no adapter required, trimmed Kai Mild .

That's a new one on me, that cool razor. Nice!

Happy shaves,

Jim

The bay is my preferred supplier of Japanese Schick II TWIN injector blades. With shipping the total comes out to around $26 or so. Took 11 days to arrive. Rakuten also has a possibility, but shipping can be a pain. Have to specifically request small packet shipping and hope the guy in Japan understands what you're asking. Took me five days of emailing back and forth until I finally threw up my hands and took one for about $10 shipping (~1000 yen) just so I could get my blades already. They arrived about a month later. Supposedly you can get the shipping down closer to 300 yen give or take, but I couldn't figure out the right English words to manage that.
looks like the current going rate is about $30 for a 10 blade key...if you have a particular seller you deal with, do you mind DM me?

Maybe I will put a trade in the BST, i have some vintage personna injector blades someone may want...

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Contributor
Ambassador
looks like the current going rate is about $30 for a 10 blade key...if you have a particular seller you deal with, do you mind DM me?

Maybe I will put a trade in the BST, i have some vintage personna injector blades someone may want...
Last time I dug around on eBay there was more than one vendor for the TWIN, and more than one price for the blades. The difference wasn't huge, but it was enough to favor one vendor, all things being equal, which they might not be, over another. Their prices are not static.

I'm considering buying another batch of blades since I don't have enough for another lifetime of shaves, and considering buying from one of the Rakuten vendors as the prices can be a bit better, but then I remember the hassle and the anxiety of the shipping, and how I vastly overpaid on shipping on my first order from that site (on my first Proline blades the shipping was more than the blades). They don't make it easy, or simple, or convenient, or certain.

Happy shaves,

Jim