What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

I don't seem to have an E2 loaded, but here are a couple of E3 for comparison.
20210711_091544.jpg
20210711_091513.jpg

First shave with the Japanese Schicks. First pass: smooth, sharp and secure. A clean cut with no nicks or burn. Delighted. Second pass: no problems, no issues. No need for a third pass, very close shave. With the Supply blades I needed 3 passes, then an oil pass - the shaves were dull with the odd nick and some burn on my neck.

I’ll be ordering the ‘Chicks’ next to compare but I’m very very pleased with the Japanese blades. Just one slight blip - the injector doesn’t work with the Supply razor, which was alluded to by one of you guys. It’s not a problem because I like to give the razor a good clean between blade changes and can screw the blade in manually at each change.

Ive been looking on EB for a vintage Schick and been surprised by the large choice of models and the range of condition, from mint to poor. I’m not sure whether to go for an older ‘brass’ model or stick with the standard 1970s silver with the black handle that I was brought up on. All suggestions gratefully received once again!
A3435F8B-1862-4455-943F-A359AA013DEC.jpeg

Schick / Eversharp rules ;-)

Try to find an E, I or J type (photo from left to right), can't really go wrong with any. The adjustable (type M) may also be a good option. And I personally like the Schick blades (original, super chromium or Proline B) a lot better than the Personna blades, which you can also find every now and then.

proxy.php

Last edited:
This!
I only get about 5 shaves from a DE
I get 10-15 from my GEM SS PTFEs.
But I get at least 20 from my Chick or Red Pella injectors. I’m sure I could get more, but I change it “just because”. I get bored and like to run the injector 🙂... and I don’t want to miss out on all the DE blade swapping fun.

Hmmm I have never heard that before, unless you only use your DE a couple of times during those 2 weeks :biggrin1:

The general consensus is that SE blades last much longer than DE blades, usually 3-4 times as long.
I get, on average 3-4 shaves from a DE blade and 12-15 shaves from a Gem SS/PTFE coated blade.
The exception to the rule is my Super Iridium DE blades, I get 10 shaves from them

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Ive been looking on EB for a vintage Schick and been surprised by the large choice of models and the range of condition, from mint to poor. I’m not sure whether to go for an older ‘brass’ model or stick with the standard 1970s silver with the black handle that I was brought up on. All suggestions gratefully received once again!
I'm late to this thread, but thought I'd weigh-in anyway....I'd shoot for an inexpensive "Type G"....and they are inexpensive. The reason is that I have and tried every letter from A through O (although my "O" is a clone), and I honestly don't find a tremendous variance between the shaves. The A's, B's, C's, D and F are (IMO) VERY cool looking and good shavers, but I can get the same shave from an G (or my I, J, and K or L) at a fraction of the cost. But aside from getting a damaged injector, I don't think you can go wrong with anyone that catches your eye and fits with your budget.

I've been using a 1947 Gillette Super Speed for several years now but you guys convinced me to give the injector a try. This just arrived in the mail today. The item description incorrectly said this was F, but I think it is E2 or E3? The seller installed a new blade for me so I might go give it a try without waiting for my blades to arrive in the mail!

Attachments

• Imperial Razor.jpg
    Imperial Razor.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 24
  • Imperial 2.jpg
    Imperial 2.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 27

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've been using a 1947 Gillette Super Speed for several years now but you guys convinced me to give the injector a try. This just arrived in the mail today. The item description incorrectly said this was F, but I think it is E2 or E3? The seller installed a new blade for me so I might go give it a try without waiting for my blades to arrive in the mail!

I think that Appleby's Schick Type system had the only difference between E-2 & E-3 (at least how I read it anyway) being the different tooling on the safety bar - irregular for an E-2, parallel on the E-3. But as we've seen there are examples floating around that defy his rools. Nice E Imperial, I'd say those are irregular striations thus E-2

@garyg is correct, the E3 has the has the grooved safety bar. You have an E2 Imperial set. Good catch!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Noob question: do type I1 injectors open up for ease of cleaning, like some of the older models?

proxy.php
They are not really designed to be taken apart is my understanding because you will damage the plastic handle parts possibly on a lot of their models. The E & G models are a little easier to clean IMO. I modified the spring keeper a little so it will swing to the left, but will still catch and hold when tightened back in place.
Some i & J models have the hydro magic design that allowed cleaning and I use that feature also, some guys don't use it even if the razor has this feature. I enjoy the the i2 injector a tame mid range model but I prefer the E & G models because they are more mid range and easy to install blades and clean also.
This E model was bought at a Antique store in very rough shape and I was able to repair it to my desire to open and manually install blades & also clean it easier (best $7.00 Canadian I ever spent on a razor). This razor is a perfect simple design in a lot of ways and gives a great save.
Schick swivel 2.jpg
Schick swivel1.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom