What's new

The Ammo Shortage

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
$19.99 and that's being optimistic
This is hard to believe! You are a bigger pessimist than I ! I think it'll be at least a year, but 16.99, MAYBE 14.99 is possible. On sale, and also throwing in a body part or two, $12.99..... and as I am usually wrong, I'm not ashamed to say that the likelihood that I will ever see it for 9.99 for 50 of ANY 9mm won't happen in my lifetime.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
$19.99 and that's being optimistic
Yup! Say $8.99/box (I was paying $8.55/box shipped, no sales tax at the case size pre panic) plus a 15% increase PLUS a 30% "ammo" tax = $13.44/box minimum and I don't see manufactures rolling prices back to 8.99/box EVER! We showed they how desperate we are if they just keep the flow to a trickle. And that doesn't take into account certain international entites rolls in all this. Find me a lead smelting operation in the US.

Last edited:

nikonNUT

That’s really not bad compared to Midway selling the same box for 38.99. I don’t know if that should make me laugh, cry, be happy, mad, or sad.
And that's really not bad compared to the places asking $49.99/50 plus shipping! And my LGS just got a bunch of Fiocchi 9mm in today. $33.99/box. WTH? I did ask what was up and the article posted was correct. Rodger told me "I get a letter every day to the tune of... "We are raising your prices and any orders placed before the increase are being increased to current prices. Don't like it? We are happy to cancel your contract."" Sad to say but every tier of the supply chain is in on this.

And that's really not bad compared to the places asking $49.99/50 plus shipping! And my LGS just got a bunch of Fiocchi 9mm in today. $33.99/box. WTH? I did ask what was up and the article posted was correct. Rodger told me "I get a letter every day to the tune of... "We are raising your prices and any orders placed before the increase are being increased to current prices. Don't like it? We are happy to cancel your contract."" Sad to say but every tier of the supply chain is in on this.
If prices stay that high, I’m done shooting. I have other hobbies... I can’t believe anyone actually buys it at that price.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
That's the plan, or at the very least, the hope of many.
Dry fire drills, here I come!

And the best thing: it'll be like my fishing. I can lie like a dog and nobody will be able to call me on it!

"Honey, ya shoulda seen me out there! I was shootin' behind my back, off hand- it didn't matter WHAT I did. I simply COULD NOT MISS today!"

nikonNUT

And the best thing: it'll be like my fishing. I can lie like a dog and nobody will be able to call me on it!

"Honey, ya shoulda seen me out there! I was shootin' behind my back, off hand- it didn't matter WHAT I did. I simply COULD NOT MISS today!"

Right? My group sizes are AMAZING! when I never fire a shot! 🤣🤣🤣

I find the same thing. If I don't use ammo I never miss the bullseye. I can do it with my eyes closed. :c1:

There was what used to be the state's largest gun show in Greenville (SC) at the TD Center.

I am not driving nearly 300 miles round trip in poor driving conditions for that mess and from a couple of AAR's I received it was a joke. Sky-high prices on ammo, no reloading components much less hilariously overpriced ones, and virtually no firearms.

However, I'd have gone if I lived closer. At dawn's early light I started a batch of crock-pot chili and by late afternoon after two huge bowls I could use a gun show to crop-dust. :devil:

I stocked up on a good bit of 9mm, 5.56 and .22LR before the panic hit. In recent weeks I decided to get back into air rifles and pistols and probably have picked up 10,000 rounds of pellets, and about 150 CO2 cartridges, 40 shots per cartridge makes for a good bit of shooting. Now if this polar vortex or whatever they are calling it would go back to where it came from I could get out in the yard and shoot. I picked up a Crosman 2300s, silhouette pistol, CO2 powered and it has Williams receiver sight, off a rest like shooting a rifle. I also got a restored S&W 78g, another CO2 pistol that closely resembles my S&W M41 .22LR target pistol.

Top Bottom