What's new

The Ammo Shortage

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Earlier today Jason Vanderbrink, CEO of CCI/Federal/Remington released a 2nd video where he answered three questions asked him by consumers:

Where's all the hunting ammo?
Where are all the primers?
Can't you build another manufacturing plant to meet consumer demand?

I'm pretty sure anyone with two brain cells to rub together already knows the answers to all three of these questions but evidently some people need self-validation by asking such nonsense.

Anyone who's anyone obviously knows that the ammo makers are purposely not making primers and storing them in their secret warehouses to sell only to the government and Cheaper Than Dirt and Jason Vanderbrink is selling his buddies pallets of primers out the back door of those secret warehouses and they took our jobs. THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
Do you work as a reporter for the National Enquirer?

It would be funny if it weren't so serious.

Yeah, the 2nd Presser video by Vanderbrink is real as were the questions he answered but the hard fact remains that nearly all primer production is being used to make ammo and manufacturing expansion is not going to happen in the current political environment and will likely get worse as ammunition sales are viewed as a revenue stream (taxes).

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It would be funny if it weren't so serious.

Yeah, the 2nd Presser video by Vanderbrink is real as were the questions he answered but the hard fact remains that nearly all primer production is being used to make ammo and manufacturing expansion is not going to happen in the current political environment and will likely get worse as ammunition sales are viewed as a revenue stream (taxes).
I'm afraid that you are "pontificating" korrectly my friend. Taxation is going to do what gun bans never could. Take guns out of the hands of the the good guys and keep them in the safe.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Been really busy at work so I am trying to catch up on some threads. I may go to Dallas Market Hall this weekend and check out the show. I enjoy walking around and shooting the bull with some of the vendors. I will try and provide an update after that. I have been lucky enough to be doing a lot of shooting. Call of Duty Cold War on PS5. I have even leveled up my Stoner 63 to gold. :lol:

IMG_5184.jpg

GF up in Southern Oregon, she's on a roll. $82.00 for 200 rounds 230gr .45ACP FMJ and $59.00 Mega Pack 250 rounds 115gr 9mm FMJ. She's rocking it big time. The one ammo she hasn't been able to secure for me... 230gr JHP .45ACP Gold Dot, HST. Side note... Unfortunately, the interview with the local Sheriff for her CCW, got canceled due to CV breakout. In the meantime, she's out practicing shooting. 😉

Line of potential ammo/gun buyers waiting to get in this morning's Dallas-Ft Worth TX gun show. According to the person who took the photo the line may stretch as far as a mile:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/29486/20210123_103527-1792900.jpg

Photog says he waited an hour to get in.
Wow, that was in incredible line.

Out here, one dealer sent emails to customers offering to sell 500 rounds of remanufactured 9mm ammo for "only $600." He said he had about 200 lots. They sold out in only a few hours.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I was going to go and then remembered the line from last fall. I will go to mesquite next weekend

Just don’t buy anything. If everyone took a month off, the ammo hoarders selling at a huge profit will be stuck with it at the inflated prices they bought it for. The scarcity has caused a run on overpriced ammo. At some point, people will feel really silly for buying at such high prices.

I dont see a reason to take a month off. The better option is to just not buy at an inflated price. I have bought ammo several times during the last month at regular prices. I have kept walking several times when I saw the price was inflated.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just don’t buy anything. If everyone took a month off, the ammo hoarders selling at a huge profit will be stuck with it at the inflated prices they bought it for. The scarcity has caused a run on overpriced ammo. At some point, people will feel really silly for buying at such high prices.

I dunno... I seem to always lean to pessimism before optimism. :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Going to draw the line at reloading 22 rimfire, though it can be done. The capacity of this country to absorb production is amazing. Would think the Tula people are going 24/7 too.

AA

Top Bottom