What's new

The Ammo Shortage

So here's a question for the ammo seeking set. I have 40 pounds of Ramshot LRT (go to powder), probably 8 pounds of Reloader 33, a pound of US869, a few ounces of H1000, and 2 pounds of Retumbo. Folks are rabid for Retumbo right now as it is unobtanium and 2 pounds wont go for me far aka 140-ish shots at MAX. Take out load development and get maybe 110 rounds down range if the stars align? So my question is this.. Keep it for dark days or sell it and add that to the primer and/or powder fund? I am genuinely curious. What say y'all?

I would sell the all the powder and buy as many marbles and ball bearings as you can for your slingshot...

All kidding aside, I did order 4 dozen Easton gamegetters a few months back. It's just like long range precision rifle, only different lol...

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
All kidding aside, I did order 4 dozen Easton gamegetters a few months back. It's just like long range precision rifle, only different lol...
Soooo I shouldn't buy this? :lol:
tacticalslingshot.PNG

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I think the whisker biscuit will certainly take off some fps from the ball bearing, needs a quick detach option...lol
Looks like an allen wrench would make quick work of it! There is actually a pic of that thing running full sized arrow. Which is good... Because then it isn't an SBSS (Short barreled sling shot)! :lol:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Looks like an allen wrench would make quick work of it! There is actually a pic of that thing running full sized arrow. Which is good... Because then it isn't an SBSS (Short barreled sling shot)! :lol:
Kinda sad that that almost sounds like something a politician would need clarification on...!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Almost??? Me thinks you give to much credit my friend!
Got my magazine in the mail today from the largest lobby group on Capitol Hill. Has a lovely cover story about a certain H&K pistol. Also an interesting take on the election, an angle I hadn't thought of, but had a gut feeling about. Things might not be as dire as I had thought.

I just wish there was ammo to be had. I mean, at prices that aren't going to make my wife angry! Lol, good thing I'm too lazy and my HillBilly gun range is cold enough that I just watch gun shows on TV!

Got my magazine in the mail today from the largest lobby group on Capitol Hill. Has a lovely cover story about a certain H&K pistol. Also an interesting take on the election, an angle I hadn't thought of, but had a gut feeling about. Things might not be as dire as I had thought.

I just wish there was ammo to be had. I mean, at prices that aren't going to make my wife angry! Lol, good thing I'm too lazy and my HillBilly gun range is cold enough that I just watch gun shows on TV!

AARP did an article on an H&K? Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Apparently you can sling arrows (I'm thinking darts aka 6.3" crossbow bolts) with it and that is rest?
View attachment 1211195
Might be an awesome small game getter!

Needs a full length arrow. Pretty sure that bolt would overdrawn and hit the shooter in the left wrist.

Slingshots, seriously, are great sport, fun and practice for archery, IMO. Have a drawer full of them; year can go by, pick one up and can hit with it. Like a bike, you never forget.

AA

Earlier today Jason Vanderbrink, CEO of CCI/Federal/Remington released a 2nd video where he answered three questions asked him by consumers:

Where's all the hunting ammo?
Where are all the primers?
Can't you build another manufacturing plant to meet consumer demand?

I'm pretty sure anyone with two brain cells to rub together already knows the answers to all three of these questions but evidently some people need self-validation by asking such nonsense.

Anyone who's anyone obviously knows that the ammo makers are purposely not making primers and storing them in their secret warehouses to sell only to the government and Cheaper Than Dirt and Jason Vanderbrink is selling his buddies pallets of primers out the back door of those secret warehouses and they took our jobs. THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!

Top Bottom