What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Just won a bid on a 5/8 Vintage Boker and a Swaty hone .
boker33.jpg

Impressive razor.
I don't want to sound envious, just let's say that I haven't been that lucky the last +10 years. This one did however end up with simone who really deserved one. Congratulations. :001_smile
Now that is a Razor and then loads more a fantastic score Richard.... :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:
Thanks, guys. I was fortunate in that it came up at the same time I killing time looking at razors with no intention of buying.

Well I did a bad thing last night bought a straight razor that had poor pictures a Robert Klaas Crane Brand

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

I just hope its in ok condition or the scales will fit something the bit that cost the most was shipping & import tax

The pic's lack proper lighting .But I could not pick up any major defects on the blade .Robert Klaas are fantastic razors that shave very well.Hope you get a fairly pristine blade.Have a good day .

The pic's lack proper lighting .But I could not pick up any major defects on the blade .Robert Klaas are fantastic razors that shave very well.Hope you get a fairly pristine blade.Have a good day .

Yes I could not see a lot of marks on the blade, it seems to be around the pivot pin I did zoom in on the name and capture the screen shot.
I have done a quick search for this name the kissing cranes that is his logo dated for this one around 1869 to 1922 as i cannot quite make out the right one

8.jpg

Klaas logo dates.jpg

But it looks closer to the first one but I just found this...

On February, 20th, 1869 the company has been brought in the commercial register under a name of the present owner – Fridrih Robert Klaas. Manufacture quickly grew, and the factory has been expanded. In 1893 the trade mark has been registered Two storks.

Last edited:
Every now and then this really nice man, whose family owned the Heljestrand company, puts out a few razors from his inheritance for sale. I've got a few of my gems from him, but these days I mostly don't bid. However once in awhile I do and this time it resulted in a Heljestrand M.K. No.31 that's as NOS as can be. I'm contemplating putting this one in the safe to give to my cub as a heirloom when the day comes.

20191012_080420.jpg

Every now and then this really nice man, whose family owned the Heljestrand company, puts out a few razors from his inheritance for sale. I've got a few of my gems from him, but these days I mostly don't bid. However once in awhile I do and this time it resulted in a Heljestrand M.K. No.31 that's as NOS as can be. I'm contemplating putting this one in the safe to give to my cub as a heirloom when the day comes.

View attachment 1025225
Wow. That really is a thing of beauty, congrats!

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

View attachment 1025225

A thing of beauty for a special person to start him on his journey, congratulations on a fantastic score mate.. :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

View attachment 1025225
This is a beautiful razor. He'll appreciate it.

Wow. That really is a thing of beauty, congrats!

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
Thank you Sir so is the Jenes razor you have out for sale.
A thing of beauty for a special person to start him on his journey, congratulations on a fantastic score mate.. :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:
This is a beautiful razor. He'll appreciate it.
Thank you :001_smile , please just remember that I wrote contemplating, but yes I that's most likely what I'll do.

Top Bottom