What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Well today was the day when my latest score arrives, well it did arrive in style I made an offer on a razor called Robert Klaas Crane Brand. Got it very cheap the shipping cost way more than the razor, this was 2 of the pictures that was shown.

View attachment 1026463View attachment 1026464

So it was sort of a blind buy but as I said it arrived this morning well to exact 15 mins ago, all I have done is open the packet and taken 3 pictures and uploaded them to my laptop and then make this post.

So here is the Robert Klaas Crane Brand

View attachment 1026469View attachment 1026470View attachment 1026471

But this razor is part of a seven day set I now have Saturday, just need the other 6 to go with it and make a full set...
Beautiful find Ian!

Fresh in from the USPS
IMG_20191018_200118.jpg

Let's dive right in...
IMG_20191018_200129.jpg
IMG_20191018_200148.jpg
Ah yes! Finally here.
IMG_20191018_200217.jpg
But, which Wacker is it? Or, is it really even a Wacker???
IMG_20191018_200232.jpg
IMG_20191018_200254.jpg
Yup! Brand new 15/16", Old Sheffield "Stosser".
IMG_20191018_200355.jpg

IMG_20191018_200541-01.jpeg

Tomorrow morning should be oh so much fun!!!

Fresh in from the USPS
View attachment 1027228

Let's dive right in...
View attachment 1027229
View attachment 1027230
Ah yes! Finally here.
View attachment 1027232
But, which Wacker is it? Or, is it really even a Wacker???
View attachment 1027233
View attachment 1027234
Yup! Brand new 15/16", Old Sheffield "Stosser".
View attachment 1027235
View attachment 1027237

Tomorrow morning should be oh so much fun!!!
I was just going to take a quick nap to digest that fat seal I had had for lunch. I wake up, see this razor and realise that I once again have overslept and that it already is Christmas.

I was going through the St. Sue Auction and opening many tabs. Went to this one and said..."Time to bid big"... Oh well...

Beautiful razor.

I just purchased another Jennes Sàndor from a forum member in Europe for an excellent price. Now the wait. If I ordered the same razor from Japan, I'd have it three days from now, but it will probably take three weeks from Europe.

P1020315.JPG

I just purchased another Jennes Sàndor from a forum member in Europe for an excellent price. Now the wait. If I ordered the same razor from Japan, I'd have it three days from now, but it will probably take three weeks from Europe.

View attachment 1027359

Wow Richard!!! That is beautiful mate really is love it, but coming from Europe you do realise we are very laid back and dont rush. But we have the same problem coming from the states I'm sure it's a 2 man row boat coming across the big ole pond.... :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

View attachment 1027359

Only a couple of hours ago I took a look at that razor at BST. It wasn't the first time. I'm glad that you bought it, that way it'll end up in good hands. That of course if our mutual British friend with the bolt cutters doesn't pay you a visit. I managed to give up smoking. Giving up buying razors turns out to be just as hard.

Wow Richard!!! That is beautiful mate really is love it, but coming from Europe you do realise we are very laid back and dont rush. But we have the same problem coming from the states I'm sure it's a 2 man row boat coming across the big ole pond.... :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:
If you're well connected you might get the Royal Navy to intercept it for you. I know Bond would.

View attachment 1027359

Lol.... I'll play my part mate, Monday early morning will drop the parcel at the post office, after that...... Well, this is Spain, we can assure you you'll get it for Christmas.

What year, well, that's anybody's guess.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Lol.... I'll play my part mate, Monday early morning will drop the parcel at the post office, after that...... Well, this is Spain, we can assure you you'll get it for Christmas.

Nice could you send it via the UK first Or I could just nip over and say im the postman, now there is a thought lol :pipe::pipe::pipe:

Thanks, Ian. I waited about nine months for Jennes to make my first one, and I can easily wait a few weeks for this one.
Only a couple of hours ago I took a look at that razor at BST. It wasn't the first time. I'm glad that you bought it, that way it'll end up in good hands. That of course if our mutual British friend with the bolt cutters doesn't pay you a visit. I managed to give up smoking. Giving up buying razors turns out to be just as hard.
I'm glad that all you did was look, Arne. It was originally offered for sale only in Europe. I left a message for Stefan to contact me if he changed his mind, and forgot about it. I was surprised and delighted to see a message from him today.
Thanks again, Stefan, I'm sure I will.

S

Squinty

another £10 (incuding P&P) e-bay purchase, slowly making up a mixed 7 day set of 5/8 blades.
Essentially unbranded bar a light Solingen etch, wasn't particularly sharp with some tiny dings that showned on honing.

A few passes on 800 grit showed a slight bow in the forging; spine in on one side...out on the other and the resulting bevel almost zero on one side and a slight frown towards the heel on the other.

I lean towards the opinion that some of these old razors are in fairly good condition not only because they were well kept and forgotten about. Rather because they were't the best of shavers that had poor edges that were't easily maintainable.
Of the millions of mass produced blades not every one could be perfect.

Its about there now, the edges of the spine are level end to end and the bevel is even.. after double taping one side.
I'll see how it shaves tomorrow and if necessary go back to the 5k.
20191020_093454.jpg

It's already made an appearance in the "Which straight did you use" thread, but here's another picture under the heading of "new acquisition".
IMG_20191021_223642-01.jpeg

Brand new Rigarazor.

This arrived this morning I am starting to like the J. R. Torreys razors, this one has a barbers notch scales dont fit well and warped with a crack near the pivot pin. Nothing that cannot be fixed as they say Otherwise overall not a bad looker.
1.jpg2.jpg
3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Top Bottom