What's new

Stopping for the bus

Wow. Makes me wonder. Back when I was in Drivers Ed a few students in my class actually failed. I wonder if anyone fails anymore. Or do we just hand out drivers licenses like candy bars?

Sometimes I wonder. It's a bit of a double edged sword because you want people to be somewhat educated and trained to be allowed to drive, but because of how automobile dependent the US is, I fear if the process is too difficult more people would simply drive illegally.

I like cars and going for a nice drive, but honestly I have to think that for the daily grind self-driving cars taking over will just be better for everyone. Whenever we eventually get to that point.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Every single day here!!
People just don’t care

Years ago when I was a police officer I had to go before an accident review board and one person sitting was the city manager and 2 were city commissioners.
I had been going to a major accident in my marked police car with lights and siren and was hit by a drunk driver.
My explanation was that had he not been driving drunk and had he pulled to the right hand curb and come to a complete stop as required by law there would not have been an accident.
The city manager told me that just because I had lights and siren on didn’t mean others have to pull over and stop for me.
I won’t tell you my answer to them but they recommended 14 days on the beach. I didn’t even get a verbal reprimand from the Chief.
If these people sitting and judging don’t know then how do we expect John Q Public?
Common sense is not required anymore and morals and values are not far behind I am afraid.

Short of having police cars and officers with every bus it will always be a problem!!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Every single day here!!
People just don’t care

Years ago when I was a police officer I had to go before an accident review board and one person sitting was the city manager and 2 were city commissioners.
I had been going to a major accident in my marked police car with lights and siren and was hit by a drunk driver.
My explanation was that had he not been driving drunk and had he pulled to the right hand curb and come to a complete stop as required by law there would not have been an accident.
The city manager told me that just because I had lights and siren on didn’t mean others have to pull over and stop for me.
I won’t tell you my answer to them but they recommended 14 days on the beach. I didn’t even get a verbal reprimand from the Chief.
If these people sitting and judging don’t know then how do we expect John Q Public?
Common sense is not required anymore and morals and values are not far behind I am afraid.

Short of having police cars and officers with every bus it will always be a problem!!

Crazy stuff Marty. Unbelievable comments by that city manager.

Every single day here!!
People just don’t care

This seems to be far too common; people at that level become more politically motivated than supporting the officers doing the job.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Sometimes I wonder. It's a bit of a double edged sword because you want people to be somewhat educated and trained to be allowed to drive, but because of how automobile dependent the US is, I fear if the process is too difficult more people would simply drive illegally.

I like cars and going for a nice drive, but honestly I have to think that for the daily grind self-driving cars taking over will just be better for everyone. Whenever we eventually get to that point.
When I lived in Cleveland, it was nice to have public transport- especially in winter. I owned a car, but when weather was particularly nasty I rode the bus and/or train.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Sometimes I wonder. It's a bit of a double edged sword because you want people to be somewhat educated and trained to be allowed to drive, but because of how automobile dependent the US is, I fear if the process is too difficult more people would simply drive illegally...

Well then they should pay a hefty price for driving illegally. I hardly think the process is too difficult, which is supported by all the licensed idiots behind the wheel.

Rant over

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I've written several tickets for passing a school bus. I'd wait at the different stops and watch for that...when I could. A lot of times the PO-lease don't have time; their calls are backed up for assaults in progress, burglaries (that take a lot of time to work and process with photographs, dusting for prints), shots fired, etc. In a lot of larger cities the shift is busy trying to catch up on the calls the previous shift didn't get to. The cameras on school buses are a great idea.

Every single day here!!
People just don’t care

Things are the same all over, aren't they? One time I was running hot and a car pulled two lanes over and hit my front fender and almost put me into a utility pole. Luckily the Lt. that investigated the incident noted on the ticket to the other driver that they had been drinking. Sometimes we are not hung out to dry.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thanks for all the input guys. I pulled out my phone yesterday and help it up like I was gonna record and no one moved. I think I'll keep this up. I am also going to call for a push to put cameras on our buses. It makes the most sense. I wish those few people could just care a bit more about others. I know, I probably couldnt survive if I killed a kid because I was in a "hurry".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

Okay, okay, I'm stopping!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I'm 100% about obeying the law and always stop for school buses with their flashers on. I was against the whole idea to begin with because, to me, we are teaching kids that a law will magically protect them. We need to keep teaching kids to be careful crossing . . . even with the flashers and on cross walks etc.

I'm 100% about obeying the law and always stop for school buses with their flashers on. I was against the whole idea to begin with because, to me, we are teaching kids that a law will magically protect them. We need to keep teaching kids to be careful crossing . . . even with the flashers and on cross walks etc.
I agree 100 percent. Kids (and adults) need to be aware that a law will only keep you safe from those following it, and those who are paying attention..

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Top Bottom