Saturday May 13 - SOTD

IMG-DSC_5224 (2).JPG

Gillette Heritage
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (8)
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Godrej Shaving Round
Stirling Arkadia

05/13/2023
Taylor of Old Bond Street: Shave Pre Herbal Gel. Los jabones de Joserra, Orris Root: Shaving soap, lotion & balm aftershave. Simpson, Chubby 2, shyntetic bristle, faux horn. László Kovács: Herr & Razors, 10/8. 1/4 hollow. 120 layers of damask with .O1 core. Scale :Horn.
IMG_4823.jpeg

Razor: Schick E2 (2 passes)
Blade: Schick: (2)
Razor: Leaf Twig (3rd pass)
Blade: Timor (4)
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Cashmere
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Soap: Cooper & French Fresh Start
Aftershave: Bootleggers Perfecto

I think the guard on this razor was bent under at some point. There is virtually no guarding at all. By far the most blade exposure of any of my razors. So I finished with the Twig so as to protect my face.

IMG_2215.jpeg

13 May, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S #3
Blade: Polsilver (Lodz) 4
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Eleven – Amber, Patchouli, & Oak
Fragrance: Mousse Illuminée by Rogue Perfumery
I'm really enjoying revisiting my older soaps, and Eleven really is one of my top performers. And what else is there to say about Mousse Illuminée. Totally captivating with an ethereal quality that will draw you in like a magnet. Beautiful.

SOTD MAY 13
May 2023 GRUME
Modern May, 2023

Hello friends,

After an enforced absence due to a minor domestic accident (I fell from a folding ladder) where I injured my chin, my face swelled up and I was unable to shave; today I decided to kill the longing for a deep shave and chose one of the best and most efficient razor/blade combinations available: R41 and Feather (3). How wonderful!

I rarely use a pre-shave, but I decided to be prudent, I resorted to the only one I have: Proraso White. Cella and Floïd Genuine joined the group and provided me with a splendid BBS, without any bruises or cuts. But with a goatee as a gift.

I always listen to jazz when I shave, but I have this strange habit of listening to bolero when I recover from an illness, ever since many years ago I had heart surgery with a mitral valve prosthesis and when I entered the operating room, the sound system Luis Miguel sang Perfidia. Today for me, he sang La Barca. Well friends, nobody is perfect...

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.
❤️🪒

53B4C95F-F7C7-441F-AA13-6A2E087748D5.jpeg

IMG_8391.jpeg

Last edited:

Mothers' Day SOTD
[IMG]

Razor Cobra Classic
Blade: Kai Captain Titan (D7)
Brush: Rubberset 49-4 W 28mm HMB
Scuttle: PAA Travel 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Vitos
Shave Soap: P.160 Tipo Duro
Balm: Handmade Soap Co. Soothing AS Cream
Aftershave: Floid Blue

SOTD: 14th May 2023.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Super-Max Classic Triple Action Shaving Cream.
Blade: Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. - (D2)
Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Cien Aqua ASL + Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

t's been a while since I've last added the Supermax classic shave cream to my shave set ups, and forgot how good this inexpensive shave cream performs, it's slick protective and doesn't dry out on my face and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and smooth.

Another very in-expensive shave set up where everything paired together wonderfully.

A close comfortable 2 pass +pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
9366F3F6-B7E9-4247-A5AE-2EC3B84E03F3.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Figaro Shaving Cream.
3) China: Razor King C Gillette DE razor.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Nacet.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Facial Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Anti Skin Stress Facial Balm.
7) USA: EDT Calvin Klein Euphoria For Men Cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom