IMG_4910.jpeg

IMG_4913.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Dart (#24)
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (d1)

Soap: First Line Shave Turtles
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 3 Step w/ High Mountain White 26mm
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: First Line Shave Turtles
Finish: First Line Shave Turtles EdP

With tomorrow being my birthday we have a big day planned. That means I'll need to get up very early. That in turn means today's shave is my birthday shave.

Being that it's fair to say I'm a big kid and the fact that I just received this set, my First Line Shave Turtles trifecta was the perfect fit.

This was my first time using a FLS soap so I was very eager to try out their 3.1 base. Turns out it's an outstanding soap that's lather was just an out-and-out pleasure to use. I'll say it's a thirsty soap that likes drinking small bits of water at a time but the result is a superbly slick and cushioning lather.

The scent is inspired by Acqua di Giò Absolu from Giorgio Armani and has top notes of Sea Notes, Bergamot, Pear, Apple, Grapefruit, and Lemon; middle notes of Lavender, Rosemary, and Geranium; and base notes of Woody Notes, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Amberwood, and Labdanum. All that translates into what is ultimately a truly fine fragrance.

The Blackland Dart is a cherished razor of mine. One that I feel very lucky to own. Especially considering mine is #24 and polished making it quite fitting for this momentous shave.

I did a four-pass shave fully aquanting myself with the soap and razor. With a fresh blade and a light touch a bbs was all but guaranteed.

What a rad shave! I finished things off with the matching aftershave splash and EdP and again have to say... What a totally tubular fragrance! Both you and your lady will like this one.

Alright my friends, thanks for coming along for the ride. Enjoy your shaves. Turtle Power!

5/13/23
Col. Conk Lime
Vie-Long 13052
11/16 Hayashi Diamond 1000
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Clubman Citrus Musk
George F. Trumper Lime Skin Food
Hove Limes des Buras
SOTD5-13-23.jpeg

5/14/23
RazoRock P.160
Zenith B16
11/16 Chaussis "Torpedo" #270
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Clubman Original
The Body Shop"Kistna" Balm
Montblanc Individuel
SOTD5-14-23.jpeg

05/14/23 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sun Down Argan Oil Body Soap - An Homage to Vintage Sun Up!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Al Fin Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Otra Artisan Shave Soap Mystical, Mythical, Whimsical, Festive!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Astraeus 22mm Shaving Brush Featuring NEW Micro Super Future Hybrid
AKA Brushworx 3 Pass Shaving Lather Bowl - Eruption Pour
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Occam's Stainless Steel Safety Razor with Ridge Line Cap and Full Open Comb Base
Voskhod Teflon Coated Russian Blade - 1st Shave
The Razor Company Grey with Black Trim with Full Blue Logo and Carabiner - Premium Ultra Thick Microfiber Shave Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
RazoRock Alum Stick
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Otra Artisan Aftershave/Cologne Mystical, Mythical, Whimsical, Festive!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Otra Natural Sport Strength Deodorant Mystical, Mythical, Whimsical, Festive!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Pomade Wax Based Ol' Fashion Pomade Grease! Medium Hold Homage to the Original Seaforth Spiced!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Official Phoenix Shaving Barber's Mat! The Perfect Addition to Your Shave Station!
A IMG_3310.jpeg

Monday

Brush: Made Rite Pure Bristle #5
Soap: QED B&B
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Super-Max Platinum
A/S: Dollar Tree Splash - Green / "Original"
Cologne / Fragrance: Aspen

Tuesday

Cream: Godrej Lime
Blade: Super-Max Platinum
A/S: Gillette Aftershave Gel, Sensitive Skin
Cologne / Fragrance: Belcam's version of Drakkar Noir

Wednesday

Cream: Faulding
Blade: Indian Wilkinson
A/S: Afta
Cologne / Fragrance: Knize Ten

Mike

View attachment 1654415

View attachment 1654416

Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus

With tomorrow being my birthday we have a big day planned. That means I'll need to get up very early. That in turn means today's shave is my birthday shave.

Being that it's fair to say I'm a big kid and the fact that I just received this set, my First Line Shave Turtles trifecta was the perfect fit.

This was my first time using a FLS soap so I was very eager to try out their 3.1 base. Turns out it's an outstanding soap that's lather was just an out-and-out pleasure to use. I'll say it's a thirsty soap that likes drinking small bits of water at a time but the result is a superbly slick and cushioning lather.

The scent is inspired by Acqua di Giò Absolu from Giorgio Armani and has top notes of Sea Notes, Bergamot, Pear, Apple, Grapefruit, and Lemon; middle notes of Lavender, Rosemary, and Geranium; and base notes of Woody Notes, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Amberwood, and Labdanum. All that translates into what is ultimately a truly fine fragrance.

The Blackland Dart is a cherished razor of mine. One that I feel very lucky to own. Especially considering mine is #24 and polished making it quite fitting for this momentous shave.

I did a four-pass shave fully aquanting myself with the soap and razor. With a fresh blade and a light touch a bbs was all but guaranteed.

What a rad shave! I finished things off with the matching aftershave splash and EdP and again have to say... What a totally tubular fragrance! Both you and your lady will like this one.

Alright my friends, thanks for coming along for the ride. Enjoy your shaves. Turtle Power!
Happy Birthday! Best wishes for good health and wonderful shaves!!

View attachment 1654415

View attachment 1654416

The First Line Shave products are great. I am currently using the Origins Line, an hommage to de Marly Carlisle. The 3.1 base is wonderfully rich and slick. I will be using their other scents soon.

The First Line Shave products are great. I am currently using the Origins Line, an hommage to de Marly Carlisle. The 3.1 base is wonderfully rich and slick. I will be using their other scents soon.
I was very close to buying Origins. I'm glad to hear you picked it up and sure it smells great. The 3.1 base is good. I'd love to own more. What other scents are you interested in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom