Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Second shave in a row with the UK Aristocrat and the Wizamet blade. The hardware did a good job. No nicks, cuts, or weepers and a close shave. The B&B LE 2011 brush by Rudy Vey performed, as usual, perfectly. The MdC soap is on its 105th use. A perfect 10/10 shave. Have a great day.

Head and face SOTD 💈🪒
Pre The Cube
Yaqi Mercury and Leaf razor both loaded with Gillette Super Blue.
Simpson T3 brush.
Signature Wicstun Soap.
Pitralon classic splash.
My Beard Conditioner and face balm.

Outstanding! The Mercury head is on the milder side, much like an 89 head. However, it's much more efficient than said head and very smooth.
Signature Wicstun is a delight to use, smells great, and leaves me feeling soft and supple.
Happy Shaving 😊

20230514_113838.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, May 14th 2023

Razor : Schick E2 type injector, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930s-40's, mid range, 1 OZ weight, excellent design and built to last with a little care. This razor was salvaged from Antique store that was in rough shape and with a little care brought it back to life about 5 years ago. One of the better razors Schick produced and had a excellent shave this morning. A person still has to use a light touch for great results.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (6) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild Rose cream, very nice rose scent + not over whelming IMO with excellent lather qualities. 5 uses later I really enjoy this new addition to the shave den.
Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24 mm high mountain 3 band silvertip, Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. There was a little scritch when new and it has mostly disappeared making it a very enjoyable brush when soaked for 2> minutes.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick E2 type injector with a coated Personna injector blade.
SOTD May 14 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday, May 14, 2023.

Floïd oil pre shave. Taylor of Old Bond Street, Platinum Collection: Shaving cream & Fragance (lotion aftershave and cologne). Simpson Chubby 2, sipynthetic bristle, White pearl handle. Heinr. Boker & Co. Baumwerk - Solingen, Germany, Mother of Pearl, carbon steel, 5/8.

IMG_4830.jpeg

20230512_074359.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1976 W1 Super Speed
Blade: Treet Platinum
Brush: Ocean Tortoise Shell Pure Bristle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Status