What's new

๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž SOTD - โ€œUnknown Gems" Theme Week - May 20th-26th, 2024 ๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2024 Friday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Diamond
Brush: @Rudy Vey re-knotted Paladin Tut w/Muhle STF (1)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Today's shave was highlighted by the brush, re-knotted by Rudy Vey. It was my first experience with the Muhle STF knot. I can see why they are so popular. This must be the "hidden gem" for today, it's a great brush!

The shave was excellent. The Overlander was predictably perfect with the Lab Blue blade, a wonderful combination.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_24_24.jpg
ย 
IMG_20240520_160726.jpg

IMG_20240520_154008.jpg

Been a pretty busy week in office. So could not post an SOTD. This is the set-up I had on Monday and Tuesday.

Romer-7 Horse Hair (black) shaving brush. Soaked in water for 5 minutes before brushing. This has only as much backbone as the usual $1 white polyester bristles shaving brush from Gillette. Top-end of the brush hair feel a bit prickly (exactly like the polyester brushes) but the hair shaft (during side-to-side motion) feels extremely soft, softest of all the brushes I have used. Since it is floppier, you can't generate much lather. You generate more of a layer of shaving cream with around half of the lather you do with a synthetic. I prefer a stiffer backbone, not a floppier one. So, I will be using it quite less.

Razor is an Indian Gillette Speed Clone known as Romer-7 Viceroy
ย 

Saturday SOTD
20240523_155117 (2).jpg

Razor: BRW replated Gillette SC
Blade: SuperMax SP Tiger (D2)
Brush: Rod Neep Retro Deluxe Manchurian badger 24mm
Bowl: Black Ship Grooming 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Wm. Neumann Lime & Mint Rum
Balm: Castle Forbes Lime
Aftershave: Wm. Neumann Lime & Mint Rum
โ€‹
ย 
IMG_6819.jpeg

Saturday, May 25, 2024

Pre-shave: cold water splash/YBN glycerin
Razor: Mรผhle R89 Traditional Rosegold
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Arno Classic #12, Gen5 synthetic
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: House of Mammoth-Indigo/Speick
A/S: Two Girls - Florida Water
Aftercare: Aloe Vera Gel
EdP: Creed - Himalaya

First use of a Nacet blade and I am impressed. Itโ€™s sharp, itโ€™s smooth. It probably needs a more efficient razor, the R99 managed a CCS, but this is quite acceptable for the weekend.

I had very little of the HOM Indigo sample left so I added a bit of Speick for another Superlather.

Todayโ€™s Aftershave was Two Girls Florida Water which I decanted into an amber spray bottle and diluted with Thayers Unscented Witch hazel to create a personalized aftershave.

Saturdayโ€™s scent is Creedโ€™s Himalaya.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
ย 

SOTD: 25th May 2024.

1.jpg

โ€‹
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Wickham 1912 Classic 24 Shaving Soap. (Sample)
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Adjustable Razor Week.

(Face & Head Shave)

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

It's been a while since I last added the Wickham soap to my rotation. What is astoundingly good about some shaving soaps that I've sampled is the shaving value you get from them. The Wickham 1912 classic 24 soap is absolutely brilliant considering the small amount I used, it provided me with a wonderful protective lather for the shave, and a superb post shave feeling to my face, with a pleasant scent throughout the shave leaving a excellent post shave feel.

Another close comfortable efficient combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.๐Ÿ˜‰

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
โ€‹
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1978.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Galahad Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Green Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Four Piece Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Voskhod.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Lotion Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion.
7) Germany: Aftershave Splash Nivea Men Deep Comfort Aftershave Splash.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captainโ€™s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom