Not open for further replies.
1000004999.jpg

DsCosmetics DS-AX 1.55 SS razor
Suneko blade (3)
Yaqi Caramel Cat's Whisker synthetic brush
Fine lathering bowl
Kaliflower Tjära soap and witch hazel aftershave balm

Friday Morning Shave Extravaganza

The Schick-Eversharp version of the much maligned Gillette Techmatic. It's a Lady because of the
wonderful color but it worked on my man-bits just fine. In fact it was a really Amazing shave.
Right now the battle of the bands goes to the Lady.

Lady Eversharp Razor
Schick Krona SE Band Blade (1X)
Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations Soap
Stirling Pro Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On

MSC Vintage Lapidus Aftershave

5ACAB7B0-4172-4C55-A7D1-94205605191B-compressed.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, May 23rd 2024.

Razor : Razorock Game changer.84 with a Razorock Radio nob 316 SS handle. Mfg 2018>, mild to tame mid range IMO. I like to use a Kai SS extra wide in this razor for slight increase in blade feel. The razor works well and has been in my rotation for many years and should be for many more years forward. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS (3) sharp and smooth. Excellent longevity, works well in those mild razors that need a little extra blade feel because they are slightly wider by 8-9/1000 of a inch or 4.5/1000" per side.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild Rose cream. Nice rose scented with excellent lather qualities. Very easy lather to mix in no time and works well.
Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24mm 3 band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, luxury splay scrubber + great lather painter. I always smile when I see this brush bloom display from 1st cleaning, it still has a large bloom.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my RR GC.84 with Kai SS blade.
SOTD May 23 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Date23.05.2024
366 daily shaves
144/366

RazorBladeBrush
Razorine Flatboy 💎💎Gillette Nacet (1/2)Razorock 400 Butterscotch
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (10)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9.75/10 (Mostly Clean)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
9.25/10
(BBS+)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes:

An absolutely smashing shave! Super close and nice comfort.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave today!

Tonight's Shave Honors Joan of Arc

1716490725246.png
1716490737529.png

On May 23, Joan led a sortie against the Burgundians besieging Compiègne. Despite her initial success in repelling the enemy, English reinforcements arrived, and the French were forced to retreat. Joan, always fighting at the forefront, stayed behind to cover her troops' retreat. As she bravely held off the enemy, the Burgundians unhorsed and captured her.

Despite being taken prisoner, Joan remained defiant and steadfast in her beliefs. She was sold to the English, who put her on trial for heresy and witchcraft. Joan maintained her innocence throughout the trial, claiming she acted under divine guidance. Despite her unwavering faith, she was ultimately found guilty and sentenced to death by burning at the stake.

Prep: Shower, St. Ives Apricot Scrub
PreShave: Nanka Preshave Gel by Feather
Razor: Brass & Steel Lightsaber by MRed (Michaël Redondaud Mred - Matériel de rasage fait main et de fabrication française - https://www.mred.site/ ) with the 4C head (aggressive).
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Used to be made in France)
Brush: Brass, Carbon, Aluminum, Resin, Stainless Special by MRed (Michaël Redondaud Mred - Matériel de rasage fait main et de fabrication française - https://www.mred.site/ ) with Boti Enlightener 2 band Badger knot.
Bowl: Pottery, Copper Enamel, French shaving mug
Soap
: Lelgard Laboratories.Phoebus Mint Shave Soap
Aftershave: Lelgard Laboratories.Phoebus Mint

20240523_140638.jpg

You don´t see the Companion around much on the forum @Kristho - nice! How would you say it shaves compared to other Mühles or other razors, for example a Tech or a Game Changer?
No, it's not common around here it seems. It's not anything like R89 or a Tech.

I think it's similar to a heavy Henson AL13. It got about one angle that cuts. It's a weird one. The result is pretty good, but it's not super comfortable - it's like the angle is not quite right, so the edge is scraping a bit.

Maybe with more practice it will be better. The second shave was way better than the first :)

Friday SOTD
20240519_154136.jpg

Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen3 L3
Blade: SuperMax SP Tiger (D1)
Brush: Semogue Pegasus C7 26mm Boar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Enigma Machine Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Single Blade Wood and Spice
Shave Soap: Wm. Neumann Signature 1907
Balm: Proraso Single Blade Wood and Spice
Aftershave: Wm. Neumann Signature 1907

Status