Lather: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
3o751UlQUZfqB5aSfC.gif

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Believe it or not my order of Samhain arrived today! The soap and aftershave smell amazing! I'm going to take them for a test run tomorrow.
Do you scoop out some soap and put in in a bowl or do you lather directly in the container?
Paul D
Container. However it may not be best for the soap.... Had a couple lose scent or get tallow funk - which may or may not be related.

The aftershave is really something, eh? Needs shaking, but has some great notes.

AA

Container. However it may not be best for the soap.... Had a couple lose scent or get tallow funk - which may or may not be related.

The aftershave is really something, eh? Needs shaking, but has some great notes.

AA
Thank you for letting me know. This one is Vegan so it won't have the Tallow concern. I think I will use a spoon with this one.
Yes the aftershave really is something! It smells fantastic! This is what's on the menu for Saturday.

IMG_8218.jpg

InShot_20211126_150554065.jpg

Friday neck shave

Preshave: RazoRock Charcoal Lime Pre Shave Soap in shower +Proraso White Preshave cream
Razor: Rockwell T2
Blade: Gillette Nacet (6)
Brush: Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch (tallow)
Postshave: Osma Alum Block +Life Witch Hazel
Aftershave: RazoRock The Freedberg splash

Notes: First time with the Haslinger and Yaqi Brush. Very impressed with the Haslinger, Lather was built quick and very ultra protective during the shave. Yaqi Brush was good too it was able to swirl on the smaller puck and had okay backbone, the painting strokes tho were top notch.

Black Friday Shave

E1B92E3C-67C1-41DD-BF29-8B10EF73F069.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Flare Super Speed A - 1

Blade: Gillette Platinum (Russian)

Cream: Gillette Pure 0

Brush: Jequil Corenveo Pure Badger

Brush Soaking Cup: Philmont Enamel

Aftershave: Nivea Men Post Shave Cooling
Balm

Another nice clean shave, this time with a vintage razor from the first quarter of 1955. No cuts nicks or weepers!

Sat 27 SR SOTD
Soap Shannon's Soap Pineapple Banana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor GD 208 on a pasted balsa edge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
A very nice scent from this soap. The lather is creamy, slick, and just wonderful!
Awesome shave with this cheap razor. The edge was very smooth and comfortable yet crisply sharp. Love the edge but not the scale...hahaha. 3.5passes for a satisfactory bbs/dfs/ccs finish without any issues. The aftershave smells great is truly chilling...wow...nice!!
20211127_125014.jpg

SOTD Friday Morning November 26, 2021

Fatip Friday - Return Of The Piccolo

Razor:
Fatip Piccolo Nickel Open Comb - mighty modern classic excels
Blade: Sharp Titanium (8) - durable, still sharp and smooth
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic 24mm - soft tips, dense, high backbone, lather monster
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre Shave vs. Noxzema - side by side pre shave comparison
Soap: Proraso Green - lathers easily, smells good, cool menthol, good performer
Aftershave: Skin Bracer, Duke Cannon A/S Balm - nice cold menthol blast
Growth: 71 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG, cleanup
Rating: 9.9/10

Results: The mighty Piccolo delivers another smooth, close comfortable shave.
Cold water, bowl lathered, BBS result. Great Shave!

May The Fatip Be With You

IMG_20211125_132535398.jpg

SOTD : 27th November 2021.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Aloe Vera Shaving Soap.
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium. (D1)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB./Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

Greetings,

Cold water face & head shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend....Last week of my 'Focus on one razor month'. The Parker 98r/Super Max BDT duo was another great combo.....Out of all the subcontinent DE blades that i have paired together the parker 98r throughout the month the Super Max BDT, Treet 7DP & the Gillette 7'oClock SP have been my favourites.

As a small christmas gift to myself i have placed an order for a 100 Sunny Superior Stainless blades to add to my growing modest subcontinent DE blades collection of which i look forward to trying out once they arrive.

The inexpensive Pears Transparent Bar Soap makes a wonderful pre shave....Superb stuff!

The Haslinger Aloe Vera soap provided is such a great performing nice mild fragranced shaving soap which my mature skin loves and creates an acceptable lather in a short space of time which doesn't dissipate or dry out in-between passes leaving a superb post shave feel.

An invigorating cold water face and head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the pulse points.

My face and precious swede are both feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom