What's new

💈 🪒 💈 🪒 SOTD "Samples and Travel/Trial Sized Shaving Items WEEK" October 16th - 22nd, 2023 💈 🪒 💈 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
2023-10-20
Tech '7 day set' week :)

Ikea Bowl ¤ ABdB Chiado Finest ¤ Gillette Tech + Derby Premium
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Chiado Cream, Aftershave & EDP

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, October 20th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm AC type with a Milano 316SSP handle- Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range. Simple clamping system with small head parts. I still enjoy using it in my weekly overall large razor rotation. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Schick proline p30- sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. Proline works well in this razor.
Soap : Yaqi "The Green", nice nice fresh natural clean forest scent:001_wub: with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations S.A for their soap and aftershave line of products.
Brush : Yaqi" Goblin" 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi "The Green"(Lacoste essential green scent?) splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Excalibur SE with a Schick proline p30 . Nice pairing for blade and razor IMO.
SOTD October 20 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20231019_081226.jpg

Razor: Above the Tie G1 V1.5 Single Edge Razor
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannons Soaps Black Magic
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Saturday SOTD
20231019_161447 (2).jpg

Razor: Shield Cerakoted Titanium Predator (Gem)
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D2)
Brush: Zen Shave Crossbones 24mm Romera Manchurian
Bowl: Creek Road Pottery 5½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum W lime & peppercorn
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum W lime & peppercorn

Shave Date 10/20/23
Razor:
1948 Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Treet 7 day (4)
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0.
Soap: Southern Witchcraft Labyrinth
Brush: Parker Badger
Post-shave: Alum Block, Thayers, PAA Mysterium Serum, Southern Witchcraft Labyrinth aftershave
Bowl: Douglas Smith Pottery Suribachi Shaving Bowl
Rating: 9.25/10 DFS+ Cheeks and DFS+ on the neck. 0 weeper.

Notes here.

Another step in the right direction shave, after dealing with a good bit of irritation at the first of the week, the last two smoother shaves are much welcomed. The scent of the soap is also a good one.

I wish everyone a blessed day, may all your shaves be BBS, nick, and weeper free.

IMG_1481.jpeg

IMG_6282.jpeg

Razor: Aylsworth Kopparkant Plus
Blade: Parker Premium Platinum

Lather: Stirling Soap Company Alighieri
Brush: The Wet Shaving Store Faux Horn
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Alighieri

Alighieri is so good! Lol. Not much else needs to be said. Though not explicitly a "Fall" fragrance, I find that it fits right in quite nicely. Don't believe me? Shave with it and you'll see.

The scent is inspired by Fahrenheit for Men from Dior and is a wonderfully complex scent that's warm, spicy, and deep. I highly recommend you not pass this one up as it will have you feeling good and turning heads.

If you're familiar with Stirling's soap then you know how slick the lather gets. It's a quality that I always look forward to when getting ready to use a Stirling soap. The residual slickness it has really does go a long way to preventing nicks and ultimately provides me with consistent great shaves.

Aylsworth sells a couple of the best razors out there. No B.S. The Kopparkant being one of them. And if you ask me, simply put, it's a badass razor. I'm super happy with the plus plate and recommend it if you like a touch of blade feel. It's not overly aggressive but if you're worried there's always the original base plate for you to consider.

I did three passes with a Parker blade installed. This being its third use the blade has been holding up well. It has genuinely impressed me. It probably won't replace my go-tos but I have no reservations using them.

That's all for today. Take care and enjoy your shaves.

SOTD: 10/20/2023

Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel, 4th use
Brush: HC&C The Awesome Shave Brush
Preshave: PAA Enigma Machine CUBE 2.0
Soap: MacDuffs Soap Co. Haunted Cabin
Aftershave: MacDuffs Soap Co. Haunted Cabin
Additional Care: Thayer’s Cucumber WH
Fragrance: Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight In Paris EdT​
IMG_6090.jpeg

5 out 5 tonight, wanted a quick fall scented shave and the Sensor along with the MacDuffs delivered.

SOTD: 21st October 2023.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Razor: Parker 24C. (Face) - Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) (D2)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men X-Bolt ASL./Cien Fragrance Free Sensitive Skin Moisturising Lotion ./ Gibellini X-Bolt EdT.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to the weekend...I haven't used the HWF soap for a while and forgot how good it is for my mature skin.

An enjoyable comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Gibellini X-Bolt EdT. to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom