What's new

💈 🪒 💈 🪒 SOTD "Samples and Travel/Trial Sized Shaving Items WEEK" October 16th - 22nd, 2023 💈 🪒 💈 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD 10/19
Razor: Copper 0.60 WR3
Blade: Personna PTFE Stainless Gem
Brush: Grizzly Bay Copper Sky
Soap: Barrister and Mann Melange
Aftershave: Melange Splash

Finished off with a sample of Tauer Au Coeur du Desert
20231019_190549.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Gillette Nacet

Lather: Pinaud Clubman Shave Soap
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T1

Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla

Well, you either know or you don't. Haha.

The story goes that I was recommended this soap after speaking of how much I love the scent of Clubman Classic Vanilla aftershave. Turns out that this soap smells very similar to the aftershave. Though a little lighter. It's not 100% dead on but it's close.

I was skeptical at first thinking Pinaud would have chosen one of their other aftershaves to scent their one shaving soap option but no, I was wrong. Thankfully.

The lather from the soap doesn't compare to modern-day artisan soaps' lather but the slickness is there and of course, that scent I love so much. I mean, I think this is pretty obvious so knowing that going in I was more surprised than disappointed.

Something else I love is the Dart. I genuinely feel lucky to have this one and won't ever let it go.

Wielding it requires thoughtfulness but the results are worth your attention. After three passes my face was feeling as smooth as a baby's butt.

Finally, the part I looked forward to the most. Rarely is something universally loved, especially a fragrance, but Classic Vanilla, in my opinion, should be loved by many more than it is. I splashed some on and smelled great all day.

Thanks for reading my friend. Take care and enjoy your shaves.

SOTD: 10/19/2023

Razor: RazoRock Lupo 72 OC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black, 3rd use
Brush: Fine Stout
Preshave: PAA Enigma Machine CUBE 2.0
Soap: Strike Gold Shave Kennedy
Aftershave: Strike Gold Shave Kennedy
Balm: Geo. F. Trumper Limes Skin Food
Additional Care: Thayer’s Lavender WH
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne 1 Million EdT​
IMG_6080.jpeg

Had to skip a shave last night as Tuesday’s shave was just too good and I almost had nothing to shave off, but back to it tonight and it was a 5 out of 5. The soap was a must buy as Kennedy is one of my favorite subjects, good thing the soap performs top notch, super slick and cushioning.

IMG_1414.jpg

Razor: KAI "T Type" SE disposable from Daiso (carbon steel blade)
Brush: Omega 48
Pre shave: Proraso Green
Cream: Palmolive Classic
After shave: Thayers Witch Hazel Toner Unscented and Malizia Uomo Vetyver

I got the KAI yesterday (more info here on my post in the SE aqcuisition thread), it's a steel handle and coated carbon steel blade disposable. I thought it fitted this weeks theme as it's tiny and probably well suited for travelling. My hopes wheren't high regarding performance, but it worked better than I expected. It is smooth (after I worked out the angle), but I missed some spots trimming the mutton chops as the blade is further from the sides compared to my usual DE. It was also a little difficult to do an upwards pass due to the angle of the head to the handle. It was also a little difficult trimming close to the mutton chops as the head is flat. It will probably work better for someone going for a complete shave in one or two passes. The size and weight didn't feel like it impacted the shave too much, it wasn't hard to use light pressure and there was no flex in the handle. It probably is a one-and-done blade, I can try a second shave but my hopes aren't high.

It was my first time using the Proraso green pre shave and it works as expected, the menthol was pleasant as it's on the warmer side today (top of 29C/84F).

Here is a size comparison of the KAI to a Tech and a BIC disposable to show how small it is
IMG_1421.JPG

Fri 20
Soap & Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange + Orange Empire
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful
Razor John-Bert Cutlery Co Rattler
My top orangy scented soap & matching splash. The lather whip-up by the excellent stout brush was fabulous as well!
Enjoyed this rattler razor for today's shave. Hefty with a soft smooth and comfortable edge...
20231020_124604.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8007.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) England: Razor Gillette Goodwill.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Anti Skin Stress Facial Balm.
7) France: EDT Lomani.

Monday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure
Cream: Trumper Sandalwood
Razor: Leresche 51
Blade: Indian Wilkinson
A/S: Power Stick (Dollar Tree balm)
Cologne / Fragrance: Drakkar Noir

Tuesday

Cream / Soap: Williams + Leftovers
A/S: Power Stick (Dollar Tree balm)
Cologne / Fragrance: Drakkar Noir

Wednesday

A/S: Barbasol Brisk
Cologne / Fragrance: Aspen

Thursday

Cream: Ingram
A/S: Skin Bracer
Cologne / Fragrance: Brut

Friday

A/S: Family Dollar Spice Scent
Cologne / Fragrance: Classic Match Polo Supreme Oud

Mike

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
SOC Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Ti**
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is my 5th shave in a row with the Henson Ti** and a Kai blade. The shave was good and unlike yesterday’s shave was smooth. Today I am using the SOC boar brush. Evo. This brush is quite thick but feels very soft on the face and neck The MdC soap is on its 258th use. I still have a good number of shaves left in this soap. A decent shave. Have a good day and weekend, folks.

Friday
Pre-shave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Protouch MG
Brush: Shea Moisture Black Badger
Soap: C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel /Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
Balm: Jason Moisturizing Gel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom