What's new

SOTD “Obscure Shaving Gear/Den Diving/Archaeology Week” NOVEMBER 29th - DECEMBER 5th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Brush: Semogue Barbear Classico Cerda 22mm
  • Razor: Thiers-Issard Evide Sonnant Extra 5/8
  • Lather: Black Ship Grooming - High Seas - Soap
  • Post Shave: Barrister and Mann - Ferox - Aftershave Balm
proxy.php

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife
Brush
Rudy Vey with Shavemac D01 two band knot
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Versace The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today’s shave goes back to the Klar soap for the 162nd time. A 4th shave with my UK Aristocrat razor loaded with a Personna Lab blade. The razor–blade combo works great. The brush made enough lather for a 4 pass face and neck shave and 2 pass head shave. A BBS shave. Have a good day, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- Mfg 2016> excellent mid range, might have to minor alignment blade to head before tightening, first razor to get a true BBS shave with and has always been a high performance razor IMO.
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap: Yaqi Lemon lime with cedarwood, mentholated mild scent with great lather qualities.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm timber wolf whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber, great painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm) + scentless.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant + Nacet blade.
SOTD, Dec 2, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOD Thursday December 2, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso Green (45)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Green
Balm: Proraso Green Dopobarba
Have a great day!
IMG_8274.jpg

2A70423D-FAEB-4EA3-BCAA-45B51E8A27E8.png

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 2, 2021

Decided to switch the software for this morning’s shave from my usual MWF. Fine Snake Bite is a soap and splash I enjoy now and then. It’s a decent soap, but doesn’t hold a candle to MFH, particularly with respect to the long term post shave skin benefits. My mug shave featured the F. Herder 49 15/16. My son had borrowed this razor for the past few weeks and just returned it yesterday.

Being a persnickety soul, he killed the edge I’d put on it, and rebuilt it on his jnat progression. He really liked the feel and heft of this razor and offered to trade a NOS Cape or Tanifuji razor from his Japanese razor collection for it! I already have a nice Tanifuji, and although I was tempted by the NOS Cape, the fact that it’s featured in this morning’s mug shave reflects my response to his offer

Last night I killed my son’s jnat edge, which I find too harsh, and instead used a series of successively diluted slurries on my jasper stone to rebuild the kind of edge I like. I finished with the wonderful 9 Ball Slate my friend Glen told me about a few months ago. I really like the edge it delivers.

There really is something special about the heft and feel of this F. Herder 49 in hand. It’s a very well-balanced razor that reduced my facial stubble in the usual two and a half passes. That last half pass completely eliminated the swirly roughness on either side of my Adam’s Apple, leaving your happy narrator quite pleased with the glassine smooth result. This is one straight razor that will never be leaving the den.

There’s something special about a great Gem blade shave. First of all, the notion of blade chatter has no reference to these great stiff, thicker blades. There are a number of different Gem blade holders I enjoy shaving with, but my absolute favorite would have to be my Ever Ready Streamline. The knurled handle, the ability to strop and maintain the edge all contributed to this morning’s excellent, highly efficient noggin shave. One I know my hand will be returning to throughout the day. Two ATG passes left me cool, clean and supremely velveteen from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: F. Herder 49 15/16 (Mug), Ever Ready Streamline (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
SOAP: Fine Snake Bite
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash.

Thursday SOTD, 12/2, two and 1/2 passes, DFS, a very good clean shave:

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: Maxwell June twinned DE
Blade: Voskhod (2) blade doesn't feel really sharp, or particularly smooth, but it shaved well enough
Soap: The Club Low Scent Skeletor
Brush: Vulfix 376 Super
Post-shave: cool rinse, then RR Tuscan Oud AS

Have a great day!

PXL_20211202_165952393.jpg

InShot_20211202_161835412.jpg

Thursday head shave

Preshave: RazoRock Charcoal Lime Pre Shave Soap in shower +Proraso Blue Preshave cream

Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V4

Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)

Brush: Omega 49

Lather: Stirling Baker Street

Postshave: Osma Alum Block

Aftershave: RazoRock XXX splash + Stirling Baker Street balm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom