What's new

<<< SOTD “Obscure Shaving Gear/Den Diving/Archaeology Week” January 8th to 14th, 2024 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi B&Bers!

It is time yet again for another SOTD Theme Week!

Let’s Celebrate the uncommon, rare and hopefully downright weird shaving gear in your collection! Let’s see your Obscure and rarely used gear. Dig deep and show us items that we don’t see every day.

Being creative and having fun IS of course mandatory as usual. Sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave.

The weirder or rarer the better!

Have fun!

Menthol Monday SOTD
20240107_140722.jpg

Razor: Shield Cerakoted Titanium Evolution
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (D1)
Brush: Thater 4125/2 2-band
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Custom Frosted Woodland
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Colbeck

tempImageBaMFGd.jpg

Monday morning shave:

Razor: Mühle Rocca R94 Birch bark handle
Blade: Gillette Rubie
Brush: Mühle Liscio Black Fibre
Bowl: DSC "Bauhinia" shaving bowl
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Desairology (Sample)
Post shave: Murphy & McNeil - Magh Tured Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Creed - Royal Oud Millesime

Yet again an excellent shave with the Rocca with two passes and touch ups. The Rubie is a good blade and performs well in the Rocca.

Nothing rare or obscure in today's setup, except the DSC Bauhinia bowl (a bauhinia flower pattern is embossed on the bottom), which is my designated travel bowl and therefore is rarely used. It is quite a practical piece of shaving equipment, made of hard plastic (no breakage), in a suitable size for lathering and having a perfect round resting place for the brush in its handle. The SW soap performed very well in this bowl with the lather for the second pass becoming even more rich, slick and creamy than the one for the first pass. I still prefer my DSC scuttle with warm lather, but for traveling this bowl is fantastic and at a price of $4.00 a real bargain.

Magh Tured Aftershave balm and Creed Royal Oud completed today's shave.

IMG_2660.JPG

Razor: English Gillette Blue Tip Super-Speed
Blade: Nacet (1st use)
Brush: Omega 10810
Cream: Proraso Blue
Aftershave: Nivea Deep Comfort

A Blue Monday. Tried a Nacet for the first time ever. The Nacet seemed to behave much like the BIC Chrome Platinum, I got a few nicks/weepers and it was pretty rough ATG. A little irritation. Have the odd issue of having smooth areas with the occasional single hair sticking out, not consistantly smooth or stubbly. I've tried various angles with the Blue Tip, and while I think shallower works better, I have trouble finding the right angle. Going in I thought a sharper blade would work better in such a mild razor, but that might not be the case. The Astra SP has worked the best so far, and I might try a milder blade such as a Derby Extra, but I think I'll give the Blue Tip a hiatus for the moment, especially with how much I've been enjoying the Fatip Piccolo.

Mon 8
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Marshes & Shepherd Ponds Works
Lovely aromatic soap & balm, wish I had the splash...the lather is just marvelous!
Lovely shave with this razor too, the edge was buttery smooth...
20240108_125021.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_9466.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Israel: Shaving Cream MEM.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Platinum Blue Box White Lettering.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Monday, January 8, 2024.

Floïd pre shave oil. Chiseled face, Sherlock, Shaving soap & Balm afteshave. Shavemac, silvertip two bands badger, 28x53x100, Americana, special edition for Foroafeitado 2017. Böker, Elite Carbon SE 2.0, 6/8. Bentley, for men absolute, EdT.

IMG_6481.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Maggard’s 28 mm Synthetic
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am starting the week off with a different razor: the Feather AS-D2 loaded with a Feather blade. This is my favorite blade in this razor. Today’s brush is a big one: Maggards 28 mm synthetic. Since I prefer large brushes, this one meets my needs. The Williams was used for the 33rd time. A perfect shave. Have a great day and week, folks.

Monday
Pre-shave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Gillette Red-tip SuperSpeed
Blade: Lord Tajam Platinum
Brush: EverReady 200 Restore w/Whipped Dog Silvertip
Soap: AoS Unscented
Aftershave: Alum/ Humphrey’s Witch Hazel /Gotham Bower Boys ASL
Balm: Anthony All-Purpose Facial Moisturizer

Monday Morning Maelstrom

Recovery shave after yesterday's meh results. GEM 1912 never fails to deliver a wonderful result.

GEM 1912 Ivory Case Travel Set
PAL Carbon Blue Blade (1X)
Everready 100T Vintage Boar Brush
Taylor of Old Bond Street Royal Forest Shave Cream
7 Potencias Splash On
Williams Aqua Velva Aftershave

50568EEE-EF28-4ACE-8DF5-82D693D13FCF-compressed.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, January 8th 2024

Razor : Gem G bar, Mfg 1955-58- mild to tame mid range. Well built with excellent chrome finish, built to last with some care for Generations. First Gem razor I owned and never looked back, it just works and with a fresh Gem PTFE blade it can still keep up with any razor made IMO when you dial one of these beautiful razors in. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda, nice mild bright lavender with a touch of mint possibly + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Moka express" 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, Gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda cologne mild AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem G-bar + a Gem coated blade.
SOTD Januray 8 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom