What's new

SOTD “Obscure Shaving Gear/Den Diving/Archaeology Week” NOVEMBER 29th - DECEMBER 5th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fri 3rd SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue - New & 1st Use
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor RR GC.84 SB with Yaqi Razzo Rocket SS Handle
Blade KAI Stainless 3rd Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash New & 1st Use
I really like these Yaqi Soap & AS samples. Good size too and at USD$1 each delivered... wow! The lather is easy with good qualities. It was creamy, slick & a nice post-shave feel... the scent is nice but a bit mild...
The razor and blade pairing gives a very smooth, crisply efficient, and comfortable shave. 3passes for a bbs finish. Must admit this KAI blade is better than Feather...after 3 rounds...the gap difference is very noticeable.
The AS has a stronger scent...and very nice...even my SO commented which is a huge plus...So good to be able to test the soap & splash at a super cool price
20211203_100835.jpg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Friday 3rd December 2021
C8B2C499-C010-47F3-9487-8C167262897E.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA
SoapSquadron Soap The Captain’s Blend, Australia 🇦🇺
BrushBGB The Brutus Boar, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorFaTip Piccolo Slant, Italy
BladeRapira, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 , Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceSquadron Soap Ace, Australia 🇦🇺
Rating8/10

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
329CCA8A-A170-4C69-BD47-882169A2D8F4.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Chubby 1 Best Badger.
2) Israel: Shaving Cream Israeli Menthol Shaving Cream.
3) USA: Razor Schick DE safety razor.
4) South Korea: Razor Blade Dorco Prime Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Indonesia: Aftershave Lotion Imperial Leather Aftershave Lotion.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

C8C1655B-0284-4894-B31B-51F5E19D3727.png

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 3, 2021

Instead of returning to my regular MWF, I pulled out the Nancy Boy Signature Scent shave cream and matching balm. Nancy Boy is one of the best kept secrets in the wet shaving community. They've been a fixture for almost 25 years. I like the simple clean soapy scent that pairs well with just about any other, and the post shave skin benefits rival MWF.

The firm does no direct marketing of any kind, preferring to rely on word of mouth which has served them well, and allowed them to source all organic ingredients. They provide two other varieties of shave cream. The scents, being organically sourced, and not chemically enhanced are subtle, and may not be the right choice for those of you who prefer strong scents.

The Wade & Butcher 7/8 is a lovely razor that feels good in hand and holds the kind of edge one would expect from Sheffield steel. A touchup on the 9 Ball Slate followed by a run through the constroption last night set things up for what turned out to be an excellent mug shave. Two and a half passes delivered a delightfully smooth result.

With all the Kickstarter brouhaha coming out of Supply Razor with two new models and a new Seki City, Japan source for their injector blades, I realized I’d been neglecting one of my favorite SEs. I prefer the Schick Twin injector blades in my SS model. I understand the need for continuing development, but how does one improve existing perfection. I initially signed up to support the new injector, but cancelled. After this morning’s great two pass ATG noggin shave, I’m glad I did. I’m velveteen smooth from shoulders to dome.

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), SS Supply (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Injector Twinblade
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature Scent AS Balm.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I dug out a RR game changer 84 out of deep storage. Used it maybe twice when I originally got it quite awhile ago and Hattie as much too aggressive. I put it on the new short RR vintage handle that makes me go slow. And I’ve had 2 or 3 wonderful shaves with this. 😁

20211203_114622-01.jpeg
SOTD #283/2021
03-12-2021

>> DecemBOAR 2021<<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Galahad C3 Premium IT Boar
Soap: Mäurer & Wirtz ~ Tabac
Razor: Blackland Vector SS
Blade: Feather Soft Guard (2)
Post shave: frigid tap water; Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore AS.

Have some great shaves, y'all!

SOD Friday December 3, 2021

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: None
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Feather (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Have a great day!
IMG_8275.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
Maggard's 28 mm Syn.
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Medical Prep.
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple protect
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
I can’t believe it’s Friday! This week flew by. Today I am using my Wolfman with a Personna Medical Prep blade for the second shave. The large Maggard’s brush did a nice job of making lather. This soap is getting to be one of my favorites. A BBS shave. Have a great weekend, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom