What's new

SOTD “Obscure Shaving Gear/Den Diving/Archaeology Week” NOVEMBER 29th - DECEMBER 5th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
F7FDD34D-258E-4B51-AE75-049659F88B1B.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving Tik Tok Tobacco and Coffee Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Schick DE safety razor.
4) South Korea: Razor Blade Dorco Prime Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine Cologne.

Sun 5 SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Clone Feather/KAI AC SR New 1st Use
Blade Feather ProGuard 3rd Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + TGS Orange Empire
Just a great soap! Nice scent with cooling sensation plus a wonderfully creamy and slick lather!
An absolutely cracking shave with this razor paired with the blade! So easy to whip around...silky smooth in 3passes for a bbs finish. Much faster too...no regrets for this and yesterday's Kamisori. Aftershaves were terrific!
20211205_113733.jpg

SOTD : 5th December 2021.

14.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Lather: Derby Shave Stick.
Blade: Derby Usta. (D2)
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Gummy Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne./Morrisons Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The EJ DE89/Derby Usta duo continued to impress me with it's smooth efficiency, slicing through my stubble with effortless ease.

A comfortable two pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Morrisons Aloe Moisture Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. 😎

lasta

Blade Biter
Razorock GC84, Brazilian Wilkinson, Mondial Badger, Gentlemen's Tonic Babassu & Bergamot, Nivea Silver Protect aftershave. Irritation free BBS.

The Gamechanger has a significant blade gap, not as smooth gliding as the open combs I've been using lately. But the blade is excellent, and the blade is all that matters.

20211204_215518_remastered.jpg

Last edited:
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
B&B LE 2014 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR-2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
9/10
Comments
Using the Ethos Lavender for the 21st time. Today’s brush, the B&B LE 2014 did a nice job of making lather. I had my doubts how this shave was going to be. This a.m. my hands were stiff from arthritis. However, it turned out to be a fairly good shave except for a weeper on my neck when I did an XTG pass. Have a good one, gents.

Razor: Parker Adjustable
Blade: Schick (14)
Lather: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter
Aftershave: Bootleggers Lime Bay Rum
Balm: AOS Coriander & Cardamom

Not a great shave today. I messed up the lather and got it too thin. The blade was past its prime. I should have replaced it a couple of shaves ago. Socially acceptable shave only.

77C8A589-6AA6-4FCE-8EF3-BB2F88CF6081.jpeg

SOD Sunday December 5, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso White (46)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Feather (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Proraso White Dopobarba
Have a great day!
IMG_8298.jpg

D3292AFD-26D8-4D5E-8F9C-E136B043CCE2.png

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 5, 2021

Yesterday’s shave, while eye-opening, was nowhere near as smooth and close as I prefer. The Durham Duplex, is the design embodiment of the notion of “safety razor”. I truly believe one would have to work hard to hurt themself with that shaver. It would seem a great tool for the DE or SE shaver who has thought about straight shaving, but has held off because of a concern about badly cutting themself.

Today I selected one of my favorite vintage straight razors, the Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 for my mug shave. David Work restored this razor and did a magnificent job. The Sheffield steel sports a great 9 Ball slate edge. While I enjoyed yesterday’s shave, today’s two and a half pass mug shave put the velveteen back into smooth. DE and SE safety razors do the job, but there’s just something qualitatively different about a great straight shave.

I truly like shaving my dome with a Gem blade holder. My favorite is the Ever Ready Streamline, but a very close second is the Gem G-Bar. It glided through the two pass ATG noggin shave floating on that slick, yogurty Nancy Boy Signature Scent lather carpet. The Durham Duplex delivered a decent DFS shave yesterday, but this morning’s G-Bar shave delivered the level of velveteen smoothness I routinely expect and did not receive yesterday.

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 (Mug), Gem G-Bar (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE #005 Aluminum Handled SynBad Knot
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature Scent
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature Scent AS Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom