What's new

🪒 💈 🪒 💈 SOTD - “Matchy Matchy" Theme Week - May 27th to June 2nd, 2024 🪒 💈 🪒 💈

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow B&Bers!

This week’s SOTD Theme is a little different!

We want to see your SOTDs that in some way match.

What I mean by matching is that we want you to post SOTDs that have a matching theme… all Gillette, a soap and AS matching combo, a shaving soap that matches (or is based on) a fragrance, a brush manufacturer that also makes soaps (Simpson, Saponifico Verisino, etc.), all red coloured shaving items… and so on. Be creative!

We want to see pics that include your well matched SOTD items!

Nothing SE themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme!

Let’s see your matching SOTDs!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Menthol Monday

DSC_1228 (1).jpg

RAZOR: Gillette W4 ‘51 Tech Imbuia Wood Handle
BLADE: Gillette Nacet
BRUSH: Ariana & Evans 24mm 2-Band Finest White Tip Badger
LATHER: ‌Fine Classic Snake Bite Original Triple Milled

IMG_6832.jpeg

Monday, May 27, 2024

Pre-shave: Cold water splash / YBN Glycerin
Razor: DSC V92 brass, parallel cap with Yaqi brass handle
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Mühle Purist Silvertip Badger, Ebonite
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: Mühle Sandalwood
A/S: TOBS - Royal Forest (sample)
Aftercare: Thayers Witch Hazel Unscented / Aloe Vera Gel
EdP: Terre d'Hermes - Eau Intense Vetiver

This Monday morning shave has lots of match-ups; as always since my shaves are meticulously planned. The brass setup is mix & match between DSC (razor head), Yaqi (handle) and Yintal (stand). The scuttle is also from DSC.

Brush and soap, as well as the soap bowl, are all from Mühle. The brush has been pampered this weekend with a shampooing session for the knot and a polishing session for the Ebonite handle. Since the knot can be screwed out of the handle, I did just that to avoid to get any polish on the badger bristles. I use Savinelli pipe stem polish to bring the Ebonite up to beautiful shine.

Final match-up today was TOBS Royal Forest afterhshave and TdH- Eau Intense Vetiver, scents which complement each other perfectly. The TOBS aftershave is alright, it doesn't contain alcohol but stings a bit nevertheless. It's a bit on the sticky side. While the liquid is clear and not like a gel, the skin feel is a bit sticky. Although I do like the fresh scent, I probably won't go for a full bottle.

Wishing you all a great start of the week.

Mon 27
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush Boti 24mm Lemon Candy
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Missed Stirlings & a straight so grab the 2 and head out for a short trip although just arrived home after 2 weeks at sea. Outstanding lather & scent from the soap, brush, and splash combination.
Enjoyed a great shave with this excellent razor...the edge was buttery smooth and crisply keen...
20240527_133957.jpg

AJRDFG9KsZwQNKYb4Ds774gj.jpeg

Merkur 34C
BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Proraso shaving soap and AS

After 2 attempts with the BIC in other razors, I finally put it in the mildest razor I have. Needless to say I should have done that from the beginning as this was a great shave. No weepers, next to no irritation. But I still prefer the Personna Chrome Platinum which gave me no irritation at all.

As for the theme, matching Proraso soap and AS is an easy one of course. Let's see what else I can match this week.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, May 27th 2024

Razor : Gem Push button- Mfg 1958-65, mild to tame mid range. One of my favorite ASR razors for looks with black and gold. This little razor still performs well and with good technique and sharp blade it will give stellar shaves. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(3). Very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice lavender with a (mild peppermint ??) in the back ground scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda splash with witch hazel+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem push button razor with a coated Gem blade. Very close to a close BBS this morning but still borderline so 9.5 will work!
SOTD May 27 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom